Author Topic: Hardwick has my support  (Read 2278 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hardwick has my support
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:54:05 AM »
Obvious I know but if he keeps the policy of drafting young and culling the list of the land fill then I can cop the big losses.

All I ask is this:-

We need to give him some coaching support - a real mentor as the Roos have done with Parkin. I think he is floundering a fraction at the moment and in my view needs a steady hand in the coaches box

We just need a ruck. No other trades. Just a ruck. No more 2nd rate mids or slow, poorly skilled KPF hacks.

And I accept it will take a couple of years but there are 20 that need to go over the next 2 years

Can you pick them?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

TigerTimeII

Re: Hardwick has my support
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:32:12 AM »
Dimma is self destructing

he has made the massive mistake to become a big bro and mate to the players

he is now delusional saying we are better than we actually are, he must accept reality and his role or he will not get another contract.

facts are we r not better, and he is to close to the players and selecting blokes he likes

he started off his coaching career really well, i see alot of similarities between him and spud

its time we got and chased mick malthouse hard clarkson , they are the two best coaches going around

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »

he is now delusional saying we are better than we actually are, he must accept reality and his role or he will not get another contract.

facts are we r not better, and he is to close to the players and selecting blokes he likes

he started off his coaching career really well, i see alot of similarities between him and spud

its time we got and chased mick malthouse hard clarkson , they are the two best coaches going around
Where did you pluck this !  We drop a few games during a rebuild and he is self destructing?  Your stuffing kidding me right? Some of you really need to check your realities, we were made clearly aware of what we were in for when he came in, a full ground up rebuild, no short cuts, a hard bumpy stuffing ride, well, here are the bumps...  gotta ride em out.  It sh !ts me too but seriously calling for his head is the same poo that has sunk our club time and time again the past 30 years, stuff THAT.  Give him what he needs to do his JOB and let him get on with it.
Lots of people name their swords......

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:18:27 AM »

Your calling for the coaches head, 1.5 seasons into a ground up rebuild, based on a series of assumptions?

Last time I checked we were ahead of where we were this time last year. Things ebb and flow.

Clarkson is a douche bag who got gifted a top 4 list, who had a dream run for 1 year. That's the only reason he is perceived as a good coach.

Happy to win one or two more for the year, make 8-9 changes to the list and reload for next year.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »
Obvious I know but if he keeps the policy of drafting young and culling the list of the land fill then I can cop the big losses.

All I ask is this:-

We need to give him some coaching support - a real mentor as the Roos have done with Parkin. I think he is floundering a fraction at the moment and in my view needs a steady hand in the coaches box

We just need a ruck. No other trades. Just a ruck. No more 2nd rate mids or slow, poorly skilled KPF hacks.

And I accept it will take a couple of years but there are 20 that need to go over the next 2 years

Can you pick them?
I agree here when it comes to a mentoring type figure!

We turned over the list and went with youth, fair enough, but the trouble has been that we have an equally inexperienced coaching staff!

I have my concerns at the moment but i think the second year blues have hit a little and the young bodies are getting tired! We have not had the depth due to injuries to rest these young bodies enough!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 11:33:12 AM »

Where did you pluck this !  We drop a few games during a rebuild and he is self destructing?  Your effing kidding me right? Some of you really need to check your realities, we were made clearly aware of what we were in for when he came in, a full ground up rebuild, no short cuts, a hard bumpy effing ride, well, here are the bumps...  gotta ride em out.  It sh !ts me too but seriously calling for his head is the same poo that has sunk our club time and time again the past 30 years, eff THAT.  Give him what he needs to do his JOB and let him get on with it.

i didnt pluck this out

the signs are there and its bloody obvious

dimma started off well, as did spud

but the same cycle is tarting all over again

the players dont need a buddy, a mate, a friend, they need a hard bastard coach who commands respect

dimma is starting to make the same mistakes as spud, and we made the mistake of extending spuds contract

2 or three weeks ago there was talk of extending dimmas contract now, and since then we have turned to poo

i know this club, i know this group , nothing has effing changed

the RFC and the Aus Labour Party can stuffing walk hand in hand, all stuffing talk and full of lies

10 FLAGS

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
Hardwicks test is not now or any games this season. His first test comes when he has to decide who he is going to try and trade. He needs to trade out the likes of Edwards and Jackson and thats just the start. Does he consider trading out say Foley in order to get a 17yo pick from GWS. This trade season will be where his test will come IMHO not now or in the next 7 or 8 weeks.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
Hardwicks test is not now or any games this season. His first test comes when he has to decide who he is going to try and trade. He needs to trade out the likes of Edwards and Jackson and thats just the start. Does he consider trading out say Foley in order to get a 17yo pick from GWS. This trade season will be where his test will come IMHO not now or in the next 7 or 8 weeks.
How much control does Hardwick have over this? That is not a rhetorical question, just interested to know!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »
How much control does Hardwick have over this? That is not a rhetorical question, just interested to know!

He should have full control he is the coach. He is the one who said we will take no short cuts. One step forward two back two steps forward. To get something good we have to give something up as well. Dimma needs to address our list trade a few delist a few and finish the job he already started rather than leave it where it is now.
Lets be honest at the start of the year most of us thought we would win somewhere between 6-9 or 10 games maximum and finish in the 10th -14th position with natural progression and development. Guess what we will finish there and the kids we have selected and have been playing over the last two years will be the better for it. Let the man do his job properly.
Its the people who want instant success that are never happy. Be realistic and hold tight.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 12:00:24 PM »

He should have full control he is the coach.

He won't have full control Tucker and I don't think he should either.  You'll find that most clubs nowadays have a Football Manager who has a responsibility to oversee the recruiting/drafting/salaries etc so that a coach can't just make decisions to benefit himself and not be in the long term interests of the club.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »
Craig Cameron aint the man we should be looking at going forward.
These 5 year contracts are killing us.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:31 PM »

He won't have full control Tucker and I don't think he should either.  You'll find that most clubs nowadays have a Football Manager who has a responsibility to oversee the recruiting/drafting/salaries etc so that a coach can't just make decisions to benefit himself and not be in the long term interests of the club.

He may not have full control but he would have a big say.

This is how  i see it would (should ?) work.

The coach mandates the type of players he wants, eg body size playing type etc. It is then up to the recruiting staff to select the players that best fit the coaches criteria.

Under wallace we recruited mainly speedy ( and consequently smaller built) outside type of players as wallet thought this was the future of football.

Under dimma, particularly last year we are taking bigger built, harder type players and with good skills and decision making. (2009 i think we still felt the legacy of wallet era build in players like nason and webberly, but least they have half decent skills)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 02:21:05 PM »
Craig Cameron aint the man we should be looking at going forward.
These 5 year contracts are killing us.

Browne, Contin, Farmer, Gourdis, Gus, Hicks, Hislop, Mcguane, Miller, Nason, Taylor, Tuck, Thursfield, westoff, Webberley not up to it.

Connors, Dea, O'Reilly, White, Moore major question mark

13 recruited under the Cameron era.
Mmmmmmm

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »

Where did you pluck this !  We drop a few games during a rebuild and he is self destructing?  Your effing kidding me right? Some of you really need to check your realities, we were made clearly aware of what we were in for when he came in, a full ground up rebuild, no short cuts, a hard bumpy effing ride, well, here are the bumps...  gotta ride em out.  It sh !ts me too but seriously calling for his head is the same poo that has sunk our club time and time again the past 30 years, eff THAT.  Give him what he needs to do his JOB and let him get on with it.

i didnt pluck this out

the signs are there and its bloody obvious

dimma started off well, as did spud

but the same cycle is tarting all over again

the players dont need a buddy, a mate, a friend, they need a hard bastard coach who commands respect

dimma is starting to make the same mistakes as spud, and we made the mistake of extending spuds contract

2 or three weeks ago there was talk of extending dimmas contract now, and since then we have turned to poo

i know this club, i know this group , nothing has effing changed

the RFC and the Aus Labour Party can effing walk hand in hand, all effing talk and full of lies
Yeah and the libs / nationals despite sucking much dick and rosy leafing each others freckles are all truth telling saints, despite this I don't really mix my football with politics and don't understand why you are trying to push a political agenda into this thread...it puts me off my tucker.  Are you Andrew Bolt???
Lots of people name their swords......

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »

He may not have full control but he would have a big say.

This is how  i see it would (should ?) work.

The coach mandates the type of players he wants, eg body size playing type etc. It is then up to the recruiting staff to select the players that best fit the coaches criteria.

Under wallace we recruited mainly speedy ( and consequently smaller built) outside type of players as wallet thought this was the future of football.

Under dimma, particularly last year we are taking bigger built, harder type players and with good skills and decision making. (2009 i think we still felt the legacy of wallet era build in players like nason and webberly, but least they have half decent skills)

I would think Al that is pretty much spot on. :thumbsup