Author Topic: Dean Polo  (Read 4040 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Dean Polo
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »
no one should be dropped by the way they look or the hairstyle they have

if that was the case KB.s flying hair piece would have never seen 400+ games!
But Polo's never kicked 7 goals in a granny  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »

regardless no one should be dropped based on their appearance , hair style etc etc. i have tattoos , they dont bother me, but spider everitts are ridiculous, should he be dropped because he looked like a tool, and he has had some shocking hair styles in the past also

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 03:58:00 AM »
WEAR IT IF YOU WANT TO
Dorothy Kix
AFL Record
Round 5, April 27-29, 2007

Dear Dorothy KIX,

Am I being too harsh to think that Dean Polo's new hairstyle might be symbolic of some of the problems at Tigerland? Surely in these tough times, the classic short, back and sides look would be the better option? EAT 'EM ALIVE, RICHMOND, VIC.

I too was taken aback by the courageous Tiger - who knew the leopard skin look wasn't passe? While I feel your pain, it's unfair to suggest the young lad's style choices are to blame for Richmond's on-field struggles. If he continues to work hard, follow instructions and play with toughness, integrity and fairness, he has every right in the world to jazz up his hair. There is a simple rule here for all players (we'll call it the AKA edict): if you're going to look flamboyant or want to make a statement, make sure you can back it up with your skills.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »

regardless no one should be dropped based on their appearance , hair style etc etc. i have tattoos , they dont bother me, but spider everitts are ridiculous, should he be dropped because he looked like a tool, and he has had some shocking hair styles in the past also
Of course people should be dropped if they look ridiculous.  Who's to say Spida's tats are worse than yours?  IIRC they are Maori ones - are you saying that Maoris are ridiculous?  KB only got away with it because it was the late 70's/early 80's where long hair was the fashion.

LOL at One-eyed.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2007, 08:51:11 AM »

Of course people should be dropped if they look ridiculous.  Who's to say Spida's tats are worse than yours?  IIRC they are Maori ones - are you saying that Maoris are ridiculous?  KB only got away with it because it was the late 70's/early 80's where long hair was the fashion.

LOL at One-eyed.

spidas tatts are not maori tatts, and he is not a maori

imo, and all tattooist think this also, all non maori ppl who get tribal maori tatts and have no idea what they mean are total losers trying to get attention.

i have spent much time in new zealand, i have many maori and indiginous friends, and beleive me maori tatts are not put on for show, they tell and ancestral story and mean something.....fact!

now the tattoist who tattooed barry hall i know quite well, this tattooist is a very close family friend of barry hall , he is like an unkle to him. i know him well cos he tattooed my body. he also knows the tattooist who is coloring spidas body with that crap!

for starters, spida has color in his tatts, maoris only us black

every man who is not maori and has a tribal band or tatt and has no idea what it means is a fos show pony

some might say my tatts crap too, but mine are personal and go into my family heritage, very similar to celtic tatts.  you dont see chinese, japanese, maori etc getting celtic tatts do you.

spida = tool

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »
X - you gotta realise people are just pulling your leg.  Who really gives a stuff about tatts anyway?  Each to their own.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 09:44:16 PM »
Well if you put all the tatts mentioned in this thread into a barrell and pull six out what do you get??

TATTSLOTTO!!!!!!  :scream

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 02:38:03 PM »
I am going to try find out what happened to Dean....

I have an insider (my mum) who has a very good source (Deans step-mum), I got mum on the case for me.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »
its a fashion many sportsman in UK have it
one of the English premier league Liverpool players has the same style
polo does have the skill to back himself also
but in the end its all just hair hair yeah yeah  ;D

oh about Spider he is a tool & them tatts look stupid & X your right Maori tatts have a meaning
On the cover of the DVD "UTU" you will see my friend the lead actor he tells me all about this tribal stuff when we are drunk & even made me a weapon which looks like a ping pong bat but is used to crush your breastbone & pull ya gizzeds out
l will show you one day & he is a true tiger supporter as well so dont fall over when you see him at the footy with me
by the way l'm having my tatts redone there looking real old had them over 25 years  ;D you cant tell what they are anymore  ;D Miami ink here l come

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 03:27:18 PM »

I have an insider (my mum) who has a very good source (Deans step-mum), I got mum on the case for me.

Lol good job  :lol

Mum's always come through with the goods  ;D
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »

Lol good job  :lol

Mum's always come through with the goods  ;D

they sure do Stephanie your here mums the word  ;D  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Polo’s school of hard knocks
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »
Polo’s school of hard knocks
By Greg Lange
richmondfc.com.au
Thursday, May 17, 2007

THE CHANCES of Richmond midfielder Dean Polo shying away from any physical intimidation by his AFL opponents are slim to none.

According to the power-packed Tigers midfielder, the AFL is peanuts compared to the heat he experienced when growing up with his three brothers.

“There have been that many fights, it’s not funny,” Polo said with a sense of pride.

“There have been occasions where punches, table tennis bats and picture frames have been thrown. I think I even broke my little brother’s ribs.”

Exposing his softer side, Polo paid homage to his mother’s patience.

“We sent Mum mental. She certainly has had it tough with four boys, poor lady,” he admitted.

However, no amount of brotherly love could have prepared Polo for the type of intensity and public scrutiny caused by his club’s poor start to this year’s season.

While Polo admits it has been “frustrating”, he refuses to do anything other than take the positives out of each game.

“It makes me even hungrier,” Polo said of the Tigers’ failure to chalk up a victory. “I had a couple of weeks down at Coburg where I won both games. It was exciting and just good to get that feeling of being in the winning side.”

After playing 17 senior games last year for the Tigers, in which he averaged 15 possessions a game, Polo said he has worked hard on improving his range of skills he feels are crucial to becoming a successful AFL player.

“I have tried to be a more running player this year and have tried to take the opposition players on, whereas last year, I’d try and look to give it off,” he said.

“I really want to be an elite kick, so I have been concentrating on my kicking skills and also running and bouncing with the football.”

But, it doesn’t matter how many hours he puts in on the training track. Polo says nothing is as valuable as the real thing.

“The more games you play the more confidence you receive and the better you get. Now that I have a little bit more experience it has been a lot better.”

Unfortunately, for Polo, his off-field changes have not turned out as well as he had planned. A visit to a lackadaisical hairdresser earlier in the year proved disastrous.

“I asked for tips and they did them on the top and the side and it looked okay,” Polo explained.

Assuming the hairdresser had followed ‘tip protocol’, Polo forewent the hairdresser’s offer to show him the back of his head. It was a move that proved disastrous for the young Tiger’s locks.

“I didn’t know they did them on the back until I was looking up at the MCG screen. When I saw my hair I thought ‘that looks horrendous’,” he said.

“It was disgusting. I was not happy with them at all. As soon as I got home I shaved it off. I’ve dyed my hair plenty of times before but this one just went horribly wrong.”

Polo’s hair has since recovered and the 20-year-old believes the Tigers’ season will follow suit, as long as the players maintain their positive attitude.

“We play our best footy when we run and take risks. Our skills are good and I still have belief in the team that we can do it. I go into every game with confidence and that is the same attitude of all the guys.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=43313

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 09:12:44 PM »
Polo is a gun ... he can play ... only a few can and he can ...

keep playing him in the midfield !