Author Topic: Home games at Punt Rd?  (Read 13174 times)

Gigantor

Re: Home games at Punt Rd?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »
i love the current look of Punt road.The new ME bank centre screams out Richmond to anyone passing .Compared to the other Nurenberg inspired calamaties the other clubs have built(Optus oval,whitten oval,Arden st) ours is head and shoulders above them.
If this look and feel can be retained then I have no problem with punt road being made into a boutique ground for the also rans of the AFL...If anyone can do this our lord saviour Benny Gale can..

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
I agree G, Benny wouldnt sponsor a move that would compromise the identity we have created at punt rd, Id be the first to chain myself to the bulldozers if he did
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »
We shall not be moved :gotigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 01:52:30 PM »
I don't see the issue providing the AFL properly consult with our club, avoid disrupting out training at the venue and give the club some kind of commission for returning the venue to its former glory.
Can't wait myself, hope it happens should be worth a couple of million each year if we can negotiate a goos deal for the club.
Mmmmm, financial powerhouse.

But they've already said if they (AFL) chose it as the new boutique stadium then we would have to relocate while it is getting done = disruption to training

And how would it be worth a "couple of million each year" to the RFC? We wouldn't receive one $ from any match day receipts, catering etc for AFL games that are played there and the ability for us to host VFL games there which would be worth $$$ to us would be pratically no existent as AFL games would clearly have priorirty.

As I posted a couple of days ago we are talking about the AFL here their focus in this situation is not to help the RFC but those smaller clubs that they shafted when they shuntyed them off to Etihad a decade ago.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »
that disruption would be worth at least 10mn in todays terms and at least 1-2 priority picks on the chance it could impact on our preparations :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
that disruption would be worth at least 10mn in todays terms and at least 1-2 priority picks on the chance it could impact on our preparations :shh

Priority picks -  :rollin :rollin

$10mil?????

They are not going to give us priority picks, they are not going to gives us compensation

If you think the AFL is going to give a stuff about our "preparations" you are dreaming, if you rthink they are going to give us soem coin as some sort of compo you are dreaming

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »
The AFL has done enough for us by giving the great Goose the head of umpiring role, no more favours please

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »

$10mil?????

They are not going to give us priority picks, they are not going to gives us compensation

If you think the AFL is going to give a stuff about our "preparations" you are dreaming, if you rthink they are going to give us soem coin as some sort of compo you are dreaming

who knows but thats the art of negotiation and what im suggesting is that ought to be our bargaining position, we couldnt reasonably be expected to work out of site sheds and train at Vic park for 2-3 years without some kinda liquidated damages

Gigantor

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2013, 04:30:40 PM »
In Benny Gale we trust

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »

$10mil?????

Spot on.

Under no circumstances must we entertain any negotiations with the AFL as the only one who will score the rough end of the deal is the RFC.

Clubs won't allow us to get priority picks or 10 mil compo. That's fantasy talk.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »
AS if the AFL will give us a big cheque after a Doggies North game.
THey will take the money and give us 5 bucks and a packet of chips.

Greedy Dimwittio again.

Once we grant pigboy ownership,Punt Road will be a distant memory.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »
who knows but thats the art of negotiation and what im suggesting is that ought to be our bargaining position, we couldnt reasonably be expected to work out of site sheds and train at Vic park for 2-3 years without some kinda liquidated damages

That's the bit I don't think you seem to able to or willing to get your head around, we have no bargaining position.

Yes we can listen to whats on offer but the moment you agree remembering they (AFL) are going to need to spend $150 mil to upgrade whichever stadium it is, the moment you agree to let them do it you give up control, which means you have no bargaining position.

And even by some miracle you get a couple million compo that still isn't going to come close to what we lose by giving up the control of OUR HOME 24/7; 365 days a year

Gigantor

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »
All this is pure speculation at this stage.We have a CEO whose prime responsibility is to look after the interests of RFC.,lets see where this takes us

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »
This should be voted on by the Richmond members.

Vlad can't just waltz in and take our ground.
It's part of our history.

Gigantor

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2013, 06:56:09 PM »
Dont think Vlad waltzes .I think goose stepping is more his thing