Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 557922 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2100 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »
I was half expecting Chairman Little to do Jimmy Bakker when he (Rev Jimmy Bakker) fessed up to cheating and robbing his followers

"I have sinned against the Lord" said Jimmy with Tammy Faye sitting beside him with false eyelashes falling off  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:49:58 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2101 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:53 AM »
Stripped of draft picks for the second time in 15 years

What a ****ing disgrace

My EAD prayers go out to: Robbo, Rohan, Lloydy, Spike, Emma Quayle, Juilian De Stoop, Timmy, Charlie Pickering, the Costellos, the Peacocks, the Demetrious, the Hirds, Brian Mannix ... have I missed anyone?

yes you have. you have forgotten Luke "James you are a inspiration" Darcy.

Has been upgraded in my book to the top 5 biggest flogs in sport, just behind spike
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #2102 on: August 28, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »
Spike McVeigh owes Kyle Reimers an apology

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2103 on: August 28, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »
Spike McVeigh owes Kyle Reimers an apology

Hope you're not waiting for it to happen Coach because I reckon you will be waiting a very long time indeed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2104 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »
1.  Fitzpatrick comments last night -  "cant say prohibited substance weren't takn". Vlad "asada investigation ongoing"
2. Some of the charges in the full charge sheet: prohibited substance term used often
 3. The charge sheet from last Wednesday: tb4 via charters/china/dank/injection s
 4. The dank / McKenzie interview: tb4 admission
5. The age article in regards to players telling Asada they were on tb4
6. Bomber saying last night of FC AdofHirdler had been warned about peptides

#StandByWADA
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:13:45 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2105 on: August 28, 2013, 02:38:32 PM »
'I should have known more', says remorseful Hird
By Ashley Browne
afl.com.au
Wednesday, August 28, 2013

JAMES Hird has admitted he took his eyes off the ball at Essendon last year as the club's supplements program spun out of control.

Speaking on Wednesday morning, barely 12 hours after being suspended as coach of the Bombers for the next 12 months, Hird said he should have been more aware of what was taking place at the club.

"I should have known what was going on; I should have known more and I'm very disappointed that I didn’t," he said at a media conference outside his Melbourne home.

"There is a level of responsibility you have as a senior coach.

"There are a lot of things that happened at our football club that shouldn't have happened and as senior coach I take some responsibility for what happened and not trying to stop it."

Hird said it was disappointing that he would not be coaching the Bombers on the weekend and again next season, but said it was the right thing to do for his players and the club to bring the battle with the AFL to a close.

"Our players need to be able to play football and to move on.

"To be fighting a battle in the Supreme Court against the AFL on a matter of principle was not the right thing to do for our players and even for myself and my family."

Hird continued to maintain he that he broke no rules.

"I didn’t break the rules I was charged with and those charges have been dropped and we have agreed to move on," he said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-28/i-should-have-known

gerkin greg

« Reply #2106 on: August 28, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »
insincerewank.gif

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2107 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »
Door not closed on Bomber doping infractions

By Nick Bowen and Matt Thompson
afl.com.au
Wednesday, August 28, 2013

AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou has warned that although no drug infraction notices have been issued against Essendon players, ASADA's investigation into the Bombers' 2011-12 supplements program remains ongoing.

"Our announcement today makes it very clear that in the case of the Essendon Football Club and the individuals that they were involved in a situation that provided a risk to their players for the use of prohibited substances," Demetriou said.

"Having said that through our general counsel, and it's still the position today, there is no evidence at the moment to issue infraction notices about the use of prohibited substances.

"ASADA have made it very clear that they have an ongoing investigation so that part of it remains open."

Demetriou said it was entirely up to ASADA as to whether they issued new charges about Essendon players.

Demetriou also said the AFL had no intention of stripping Essendon captain Jobe Watson of his 2012 Brownlow Medal.

"As it stands today, Jobe Watson hasn't been handed an infraction notice," Demetriou said.

"We haven't got a view, we haven't formed a view, we're not planning to do anything about his Brownlow Medal."

Demetriou said the AFL would "absolutely" encourage ASASA to use the coercive legislative powers it was given in August to compel Dank to give evidence, suggesting it was only a matter of time before the government agency did.

"They are going through a process now where they can exercise those powers effectively and it's only a timing issue," Demetriou said.

Demetriou said the AFL, which unsuccessfully requested an interview with Dank during its investigation into Essendon, would still welcome the chance to speak with the controversial sports scientist, emphasising the AFL Commission still had the power to sanction him as a former football club employee.

"We are blessed to have the greatest game on earth but unfortunately sometimes the actions of one or two people can cause significant damage to fine people's reputations," Demetriou said.

"And I think if Stephen Dank wants to come forward and present himself before the AFL Commission or ASADA he's more than welcome to put himself forward because he's got a lot to answer for. "

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-27/door-not-closed-on-bomber-doping-infractions

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2108 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:38 PM »
 :lol poor Hirdy such a hero.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2109 on: August 28, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2111 on: August 28, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
Peyote Jim's lawyers today:-

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Hird-would-have-won-QC/61354

Suspended Essendon coach James Hird’s QC, Julian Burnside has told SEN that he believes his client would have won his now-abandoned court action he launched against the AFL last week.?

Following charges laid against the Bombers and individuals - including Hird, the former Essendon champion launched his own legal action against the AFL accusing the league of not acting impartially.

Burnside said it was "very likely" that Hird would have cleared his name over the allegations of conduct unbecoming and bringing the game into disrepute should the court case have proceeded.??

Burnside also defended his comments yesterday where he described Hird's acceptance of the suspension as a "heroic" and "courageous" act.

“James had been subjected to relentless adverse press over the last six months, which has been unbelievable hard for him and his family to cope with,” he said.

“He could have gone on defending this charge and in my view, he would very likely have won, and cleared his name - but that would have dragged on the whole sorry thing for another three or four months.

“The alternative was to help finish it off so that the club and players could move on, but that involved copping the penalty that he did.

“He decided to put the club’s and the player’s interests ahead of his own.”

Burnside, who confessed to not being a football fan, was critical of the AFL’s judicial process.

"I don't like what I saw ... (there was) not a great sense of natural justice ... What I saw worried me a lot," he said.

He also said it was “astonishing” how much sensitive material was leaked to the media.

"I'm not sure who leaked it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the players or the club."

---------

*cough cough*
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2112 on: August 28, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »
just been reading about the amount of father sons they have coming through

Some talent there like Neagle. Unfortunately due to Jimmys incompetence Neagle wont be at Windy hill.

Can someone clear up the father son rule for me

As it stands now their 1st pick is the 3rd round.

On  Monday of trade week(I believe this is when father/sons are nominated) they may get out bidded, say by GWS.

Do they have until the end of trade week to come up with a better offer to match GWS or whatever their best offer is on Monday of trade week, is what their stuck with.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2113 on: August 29, 2013, 12:06:31 AM »
just been reading about the amount of father sons they have coming through

Some talent there like Neagle. Unfortunately due to Jimmys incompetence Neagle wont be at Windy hill.

Can someone clear up the father son rule for me

As it stands now their 1st pick is the 3rd round.

On  Monday of trade week(I believe this is when father/sons are nominated) they may get out bidded, say by GWS.

Do they have until the end of trade week to come up with a better offer to match GWS or whatever their best offer is on Monday of trade week, is what their stuck with.
They would use their next available pick. Neagle is ordinary. Late-rookie pick.

Interestingly when Crows got banned they couldn't take any F/S picks at all.

Funnily Essendon have a highly rated F/S next year and could be nominated before that pick 19 they were given. /tinfoilhat

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2114 on: August 29, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »
Who?