Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5  (Read 20252 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2012, 07:32:22 PM »
We are going to smash some of the weaker sides this year and be competitive in all games if we keep playing with this intensity

I envy your matter of fact belief bc we lose to port next week? then all this means stuff all

Couldnt agree more, it is just as big a game as melbourne was

10 FLAGS

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »
Class defeated us in the last 10 minutes at Kardinia Park and class defeated us again today. We dont have enough class in the side. Mind you Nahas swearing at the umps and giving up possession which then went down the other end for an Eagles goal in the last quarter was a terrible error in my book.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »
i reckon the nahas incident stems from the trend of players constantly appealing to the umps. it poos me to tears. it's not cricket, you dont have to appeal to get a decision. just play the effing game and get on with it. sometimes it looks like the players are competing in a bird man competition, flapping their arms at the arms and squawking like old chooks. it's pathetic really.

just concentrate on what you can effect, get the effing pill
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »
well said Al

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
Nahas was the worst player on the ground today.

Waht will pi$$ me off with him is we have a win next week and he kicks 4 when today all he needed to do was hit a target with a two metre handball without causing a turnover and not try and take on too many when a dish off was all that was required.

In a tight game like that its errors like this that are team shattering and fan sapping. He cost us 3 goals.

GO on Robbie kick 4 next week and high five everyone. ::)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »
Class defeated us in the last 10 minutes at Kardinia Park and class defeated us again today. We dont have enough class in the side. Mind you Nahas swearing at the umps and giving up possession which then went down the other end for an Eagles goal in the last quarter was a terrible error in my book.

Even though he had every right to swear - some of the decisions today were as inconsistent as you ever see.

Gigantor

« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
what ever happened to home ground decisions? ..i want some

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »
We only got a few in the last qtr going our way, the umps must have realised how pee poor they had been

gerkin greg

« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »
Hawks look like last week's slugfest and the travel has had no effect on them early, smashing Sydney
Eagles should be right up for us
may have made that call to early. Sydney have kicked 4.2 to zip nearing the end of the 3rd 1/4.

Go hard go early that's the gerk way

I assume it's yours too given the post yours came after crocodile rocker?

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
I think the difference between the teams was summed up by one passage of play where WC had three contested marks in a row. Cox, Naitanui and Darling all taking pack marks and WC went easily from back 50 to forward 50. Unfortunately we had to run the ball and work a lot harder to maintain possession due to the fact that we are not strong in contested marking. When the Tigers manned up WC simply kicked long to a pack and 9 times out of 10 came away with the mark or possession. When the Tigers were in a similar position they just couldn't do the same thing and that indecision led to unfortunate turnovers.

The biggest turning point of the game without doubt was when Jack marked on 50 and tried to short pass to Martin, resulting turnover a goal to WC at a crucial stage when momentum was with us. 2 seasons ago Jack would have drilled the ball through the middle of the big sticks from that distance. Its history now but he did have the chance to make amends later in the game but just doesn't seem as fluent in his kicking action as he has in the past.

gerkin greg

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »
LIDS  :thumbsup

people call this bloke soft too

NFI  :lol

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
shattered - tight contest, we had a big crack, but just weren't good enough in the final 10 mins.

A few errors when we needed class and solid execution is what cost us.

Nahas was off his game.. completely smashed by his opponent. Jacks soft turnover in the last was a real howler.

WE definitely had our chances but just didnt have the polish when it counted.

Very hard to swallow the losses these last 2 weeks.

Umpires gave eagles some very dubious free kicks, Kerr seems to be a favorite of the maggots lately.

Another "what could have been".

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »
what ever happened to home ground decisions? ..i want some

You'd think. ::)

Sitting on the railway wing side bottom level when the Eagles were up 101-95 from the centre bounce the ball spilled in the centre square bouncing out but still in a central position

Hold 1 on Cotch play on, Cotch still paddling the ball in front of him still held on to from his other hand play on, Hold 3 the ball reached the lest we forget logo on the wing with Cotch still held on to paddling the ball play on was the call Hold 4 ten metres inside the line on the railway wing of Etihad the umpire who was looking at this for a whole 10-15 seconds finally decides to blow the whistle and award the free kick. Umpiring at its most diabolical yet the whistle to mouth on some decisions that favoured the Eagles were measured in the nanoseconds.

That one against Tuck late in the game on the Medallion wing on Hamms was just woeful. If a player cannot go for the ball without umps penalising them for stupidity yet ignore decisions the other way then no wonder the umpiring fraternity are perceived as such even with former players like Jordan Bannister joining the crew in slime green who umpire via the Giesche video and don't use players intuition on how the game is played.

Steve McBurney was atrocious today.

Ox

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »

Can be great but has never had a solid,superstar season.

It's not due to his inability..............

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

Was great today but the difference of very good player to superstar is kick that goal in the last to put us up 102-101. Superstars kick it. Bartel kicked two of those in the GF from that distance out last year. Therein lies our answer. :thumbsup