Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5  (Read 20244 times)

dwaino

Re: Richmond vs West Coast - Round 5
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:06 PM »
Anyone reckon Ellis subbed off for White was premature? I thought he looked damaging playing as a nuggety midfielder, winnin footy and cruising up forward. White for Nahas IMO would of been a greater decision.

Ellis was a ripper recruit to help unlock Lids. Now we need another great back flanker/outsider to unleash Ellis into the midfield full time. The bloke is going to be a superstar.

I'm still shattered and reckon most of you fellas have the negative points covered. While losing by even 1 to the top side in the comp doesn't give you any points, we would of beaten 15 other sides in the comp today, squibs and errors aside. Doesn't mean squat if we can't roll Port over there next week though.

gerkin greg

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »
Bartel is 40 years old and never played in a poo team
He's also missed some
Lids has kicked them before

Anyone reckon Ellis subbed off for White was premature?

Yes

Had gone into the middle
Kicked one
set one up
then subbed

White's first contribution was a dropped mark, got better but I think Nahas should have been subbed

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »
Anyone reckon Ellis subbed off for White was premature? I thought he looked damaging playing as a nuggety midfielder, winnin footy and cruising up forward. White for Nahas IMO would of been a greater decision.

Staggering decision that seemed pre-planned because if it was simply based on output for the game he shouldn't have been subbed off
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2012, 08:56:28 PM »
Agree Gerks.
I actually dont mind White. He leads hard.
I wouldn't mind him having an extended run in the forward line.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
Nahas should of been subbed off

Tigermonk

« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »
Great game, as l said many times before l dont care if they win or lose. Its the brand of football they play & thier skill level.
Confidence is building & Hardwick is ready to give a few a wake up call. Good Times ahead.

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
Any word on lids possible leg/knee injury? Looked gone when he was helped off, can't believe he made it back on.

tony_montana

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2012, 09:08:27 PM »
Any word on lids possible leg/knee injury? Looked gone when he was helped off, can't believe he made it back on.

tough cookie lids, has happened once before against freo if i recall, looked gawn and 20 mins later was back out there. Loved his run and carry tonight, was damaging, pity about the goal but today is not the day to point at isolated incidents, there were a shitload of opportunities missed by many players,

if only tuck/newman et al tackled priddis 20 meters from our goals twice instead of allowing him to dish handballs for goals, if only jack kicked those goals, if only those frees werent paid, if only martin kicked that goal, if only cotch kicked that goal, if only lids kicked that goal,  all bar the lids one were monty's! we had a shitload of gimme chances today unforced errors and lack of composure from an inexperienced side

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
For some stupid reason i think the tiges can win
although you probably want $5.00  till you put the  hard earned on
$3.25 is way too short

We will win this one, eagles were softened up last week against the hawks and we should be hungry after letting a few opportunities go.

Oh please we will get out throats cut

we shall see, smaller spaces of ettihad will make it harder for them to isolate their big fwds, if we're on we'll win and i dont normally beat my chest about winning with our mob

Hope your right. I'll eat humble pie if you are  :burgereater

If I'm not I'm  :outtahere.              ;D

Don't think I haven't forgotten about this!

Nah, well split the difference I think. Half way between a throat cut and a win  :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:04 PM »
Tony, Tony, Tony, if only Matt Dea could play, no excuses but he's clearly the reason we lost

Nahas should of been subbed off

Eff me, did you just agree with the Gerk  :shh

tony_montana

« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
deal DD  :thumbsup

on fire tonight gerks  :lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »
Had to wait until now to jump on the site. Was so peeed off I couldn't trust myself to jump on. Despite being incredibly disappointed and downright nicked off we came so close, there were many positives.

I was wrapped to see our forwardline start to improve - still not firing like last year but a big improvement none-the-less. Big Ivan was fanatastic against the best ruck team in the league. Our midfield more than matched their's and our backline was superb. Batchelor and Rance cut off a huge percentage of forward entries, Morris put his body on the line continuously, Houli and Newman gave us excellent delievery out of defence and Grimes was his 'go-go gadget arm' self.

We were so close, it still &*#%^ hurts.  :'(

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »
Had to wait until now to jump on the site. Was so peeed off I couldn't trust myself to jump on. Despite being incredibly disappointed and downright nicked off we came so close, there were many positives.

I was wrapped to see our forwardline start to improve - still not firing like last year but a big improvement none-the-less. Big Ivan was fanatastic against the best ruck team in the league. Our midfield more than matched their's and our backline was superb. Batchelor and Rance cut off a huge percentage of forward entries, Morris put his body on the line continuously, Houli and Newman gave us excellent delievery out of defence and Grimes was his 'go-go gadget arm' self.

Now if we can get Jack to fire...

:cheers

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »

Stripes is hurting....his teary face is glitching

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2012, 12:13:51 AM »
Ellis shortstepped/seagulled/spectated/avoided a number of contests.  It was blatant.  They shot to Dimma after one and you could see it in his response.  I was surprised that Ellis lasted so long.

It looks like he is overawed by the body size/speed of the game at times, because he can and does commit at other times.  But he does avoid some.

Compare to say Houli who stood in the hole and flew across a pack to snag three or four strong grabs.  Gone up a level in that department has Houli.