Author Topic: Now we're out, who would & wouldn't you like to see win the flag?  (Read 29628 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Now we're out, who would & wouldn't you like to see win the flag?
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »
I actually thought Geelong would win as I thought the Dee's would wilt under the expectation.

Clearly I was wrong. I only watched the first quarter but IMHO game was over at qtr time. Well done to them

:clapping
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:10:25 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2021, 10:04:37 AM »
Agree that Melbourne is a Richmond clone, even the way they built their off field culture

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2021, 10:22:54 AM »
Its up to us to rebound. Its up to our players to respond bext year.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2021, 12:27:13 PM »
Carn Port or Dogs #13>12 :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: September 11, 2021, 12:29:47 PM »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2021, 12:41:05 PM »
Agree that Melbourne is a Richmond clone, even the way they built their off field culture

Too many people are forgetting how Melbourne really got here:

Tanked by their coach's own admission - found "not guilty" by the AFL but still fined 500k ...but then get given 3 million by AFL (on top of the subsidies minnow clubs already get that big clubs like ours essentially pay for) who then also give them Paul Roos at no cost to the club (and let us also not forget their current coach was one of Hird's assistants during the Essendon drugs scandal)..got to keep their high picks earned from tanking which they kept rolling over by staying shyte and building the list the currently have...then got more high picks for being shyte for another two years after initially coming good ...I mean good luck to 'em for taking advantage of the system and glad they knocked off the handbaggers....but any comparison to us is stuffing laughable... :shh
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:05:35 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2021, 01:30:23 PM »
Justice was done last night, geelong copped what they deserved.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2021, 06:39:41 PM »
A virus that swept through a section of Geelong’s playing group forced the club to warn the AFL of late mass changes on Friday evening.

Foxfooty.com.au understands at least six Geelong players - including Cam Guthrie, Tom Hawkins, Jeremy Cameron, Brad Close, and Lachie Henderson - were ill in the two days leading up to the club’s preliminary final belting to Melbourne.

It’s believed club doctors became so concerned with the health of half-a-dozen players, Geelong felt it had no choice but to notify the AFL.

Ultimately, all six players took part in the game, but some were extremely unwell during the match, especially at half-time and afterwards.

Cameron in particular struggled, collecting four disposals, kicking two goals and taking one mark for the night in a subdued performance.

Geelong insiders refused to confirm sickness to players or use the virus as an excuse for the 83-point defeat when contacted by foxfooty.com.au on Saturday, but coach Chris Scott alluded to it in his post-game press conference.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-finals-2021-melbourne-stars-laugh-in-joel-selwoods-face-over-diving-complaint-geelong-loss-video-preliminary-final/news-story/4274dbc174345cb4862afd2899cfb024?recommendedCount=0

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2021, 06:50:57 PM »
😂😂😂😂😂we were…sick seriously
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »

Too many people are forgetting how Melbourne really got here:

Tanked by their coach's own admission - found "not guilty" by the AFL but still fined 500k ...but then get given 3 million by AFL (on top of the subsidies minnow clubs already get that big clubs like ours essentially pay for) who then also give them Paul Roos at no cost to the club (and let us also not forget their current coach was one of Hird's assistants during the Essendon drugs scandal)..got to keep their high picks earned from tanking which they kept rolling over by staying shyte and building the list the currently have...then got more high picks for being shyte for another two years after initially coming good ...I mean good luck to 'em for taking advantage of the system and glad they knocked off the handbaggers....but any comparison to us is stuffing laughable... :shh

100% tanked it bigtime coach and I think McLean admitted it yet the afl didn't take no picks work that out typical afl mediocrity.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
Honestly the memes are so good. Almost makes me happy to have a year off/no stress for a change.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2021, 07:56:45 PM »
Port turned up thinking they just had to show up to win. Next minute first 5 goals to the Dogs  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2021, 07:57:12 PM »
Yep look for the difference and not the similarities, Melbournes  game style, recruitment of players to fill roles, playing for each other, Mark Williams etc  are how they copied us, history of crap wasn’t what I was referring to!