Author Topic: VFL: Richmond vs Essendon - Sat. May 31 - curtainraiser  (Read 6092 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: VFL: Richmond vs Essendon - Sat. May 31 - curtainraiser
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »
My mail is that there is a huge gap between VFL and AFL and unless we have injuries .Miles mighten get a game

While I dont disagree with you
How big is the stuffing gap between those that are gifted games and those are not??

J'star plays favorites like Dimma. He stated early that he doesn't  rate Myles so he wont acknowledge his good VFL form. On the other hand, he was talking up the recruit of Hampson over summer so he was quick to celebrate his form against GWS. Didn't hear much from J'star  about Hampson's pathetic performances in previous rounds though.
To some, footy is all about justifying their opinions.

the claw

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2014, 06:15:58 PM »
as an outsider,  not in melbourne, it seems to me there has been real improvement in the likes of miles helbig surely we have to give these blokes a decent block of games to see where they sit in the scheme of things.  id like to see em play the rest of yr if form warrants it.
at the very least we have to change the culture and actually reward good form from those in the twos.

its funny people argue that players arent promoted because they dont earn a spot and play well in the seconds, then when they do play well they find some other excuse to not play em.

we are 3 and 6 its not as if players are keeping them out.

the claw

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2014, 06:21:58 PM »
My mail is that there is a huge gap between VFL and AFL and unless we have injuries .Miles mighten get a game

How big is the stuffing gap between those that are gifted games and those are not??

J'star plays favorites like Dimma. He stated early that he doesn't  rate Myles so he wont acknowledge his good VFL form. On the other hand, he was talking up the recruit of Hampson over summer so he was quick to celebrate his form against GWS. Didn't hear much from J'star  about Hampson's pathetic performances in previous rounds though.
while not arguing here let me say i think hampson has been pretty decent purely as a ruckman in fact id say he has hardly been beaten in the role.
what is of concern is we got him to play more the FWD/ruck role and as you say hes been pathetic in all other areas outside of ruck contests.
now that ivan is back what role do we give hampson.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »
Very disappointed Miles is not playing tonight. The guy will be admitted to hospital soon with leather poisoning.  What the hell does one have to do to get a run in a very average senior side?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »

its funny people argue that players arent promoted because they dont earn a spot and play well in the seconds, then when they do play well they find some other excuse to not play em.

Who the stuff is making excuses not to play the likes of miles ?

It's probably one of the few things that nearly every poster on this forum agrees on.

Where do you get these things from. Voices in your head?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »
VFL Tigers win Dreamtime clash
John Lindon 
May 31, 2014 5:49 PM

The VFL Tigers took the honours in the first ever VFL Indigenous-themed fixture with a convincing 36-point win over Essendon in front of 2650 fans at the ME Bank Centre on Saturday afternoon.

The Tigers built a match-winning lead with a flurry of goals on either side of half time and maintained a healthy buffer for the rest of the game to clinch the inaugural Sir Doug Nicholls Cup.

Ruckman Orren Stephenson picked up the Sir Doug Nicholls best player award for his standout 20-disposal, 30-hit out, three-goal performance.

Anthony Miles was another contender for the award with a terrific performance that has become standard for the in-form midfielder. He gathered a team-high 35 disposals and always provided an option.

The teams traded goals early as Essendon constantly found loose men in the Richmond defence but a goal from Stephenson after the quarter-time siren kept his side in touch.

The Tigers lifted after the break and goals to Cadeyn Williams, Ross Young and Aaron Edwards – who finished with four – put Essendon on the back foot.

Young lead his team from the front all day. His strong contested work saw him win six clearances and lay five tackles. He was assisted by other hard-bodied ball-winners Brad Helbig (26 disposals) and Matt Arnot (25 disposals) who both found form with impressive performances.

The Tigers didn’t release the pressure after the main break. Sharp, smart ball movement, and a barrage of inside 50 entries saw them pile on seven goals and break the game open.

Luke Conca was lively up forward with two goals and Ty Vickery (21 disposals), Brett O’Hanlon (20) also played their roles well.

Ricky Petterd’s influence ensured that Essendon couldn’t respond. He entered the game after half time and had an immediate impact with his damaging run and carry. He collected 20 possessions and five clearances.

RICHMOND        4.4       7.7      14.10       16.15  (111)
ESSENDON        5.5       6.8        8.9         10.15  (75)

Goals: A.Edwards 4, Stephenson 3, Young 2, L.Conca 2, Wynne, Williams, O’Hanlon, Lloyd, Elton

Best: Stephenson, Miles, Young, Edwards, Helbig, Petterd

Injuries: McIntosh - foot

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-05-31/vfl-tigers-win-dreamtime-clash

the claw

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2014, 06:57:18 PM »

It's probably one of the few things that nearly every poster on this forum agrees on.

oh bugger of .  it was a post aimed at jackstar  when he said,  na why bother justifying anything to such a preciuos little ninkumpoop.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2014, 07:03:48 PM »

I reckon you should go to the games and go to training and watch
Hampson has had a bad knee since round 2
It's no secret either
Watched him in warm up 15 mins ago
If he is 100% .i will go he
!
Limping in the warm up isn't a good sign
End of story

Rampstar

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »

I reckon you should go to the games and go to training and watch
Hampson has had a bad knee since round 2
It's no secret either
Watched him in warm up 15 mins ago
If he is 100% .i will go he
!
Limping in the warm up isn't a good sign
End of story

Hampster is always injured. He was always injured at Carlton. Its another Hartley masterstroke lol.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »

oh bugger of .  it was a post aimed at jackstar  when he said,  na why bother justifying anything to such a preciuos little ninkumpoop.
1 jackstar is one person, not people. big difference
2 jackstar was, supposedly repeating what he was told,
3 even if it was his opinion, see my sig

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2014, 07:18:14 PM »

1 jackstar is one person, not people. big difference
2 jackstar was, supposedly repeating what he was told,
3 even if it was his opinion, see my sig

Reading you garbage while the pre game entertainment is on
Leave you with your computer clown
Go Tiges
At least I go to games
Unlike YOU !!
Nighty Night
Go Tiges

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2014, 07:44:16 PM »
Good win. I think that puts us now above Essendon on the VFL ladder. They were 8th before this round.

Well one more  ;D

@RichmondVFL:

#MilesAlert team-high 35 disposals. Helbig 26, Arnot 25, Young 25. Petterd with 20 in the second half alone.
Hopefully the seniors know they need to perform tonight with a number of strong midfield efforts in the ressies. Miles once again getting a stack of it. Big O had his best game in the ressies as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2014, 11:19:36 PM »

Its a common trait of those that are in the industry.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2014, 11:28:34 PM »
I hope the loss to the Dons will finally force Dimmas hand with Miles. Needs to come straight nto the side now. Great effort by the VFL side  :clapping

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2014, 11:31:47 PM »
Jack was spot on, Hampson grimaced through the whole game.

Why play injured players... defies belief..
Go Tigers!