Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2023  (Read 29580 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond games 2023
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2023, 09:40:16 AM »
I have not seen as many changes to our game over my lifetime as the last few years, it is a blight and has stuffed the game;

stand rule
6 v 6
the bump
the tackle
four idiots on the field

did I miss any

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2023, 01:01:50 PM »
Given Blakey was concussed, Butler may be rubbed out by the MRO and miss our game.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1666781686401765378

Will be disgusted if that's a suspension.

Butler had him dead to rights and got a HTB free as appropriate.

No malice or excessive force whatsoever. This is a legitimate 'thats just footy' moment.

Butler didn't get HTB, it was paid as a dangerous tackle :o

He will likely get rubber out

It is so wrong on so many levels

I keep saying it

The game is stuffed  :banghead

Quoted for truth

Oh was it?

Sheesh I thought he got the free from the replays I saw.

Surely he gets off, it was textbook perfect. How else do you tackle a guy if you can't pin the arms? May as well play touch footy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2023, 04:39:03 PM »
From the HeraldSun:

The AFL has told clubs the tackle is not dead after sending out an email this week to highlight correct tackle technique.

The Herald Sun can reveal the league distributed a memo illustrating how players have appropriately adjusted their tackle technique this season without slinging, dumping or driving their opponents’ heads into the ground.

The league on Tuesday reached out to clubs with footage of about 12 correct tackles to show players and coaches how they can tackle and dispossess an opposition player without making dangerous head contact.

In all of the examples there seems to be an awareness from the tackler not to upend the opponent or drive them into the ground head-first with their arms still pinned.

In some instances the players either let go of the opponents’ arms, decelerated during the tackle, or intentionally lowered themselves by dragging the opponent down at the waist.

In the email, the league commends the clubs for their ability to adjust their tackle technique this season, with more than 1000 tackles applied across every weekend.

The league said there had been a significant change in safe tackle technique over the past month where players have demonstrated a balance of defensive intensity and care for their opponents.

“Over the past several weeks we have seen a noticeable change in tackling technique with players showing a greater level of care to their opponents as they tackle them to ground,” the email said.

“The following link contains examples of players executing effective tackles whilst not placing their opponents in a vulnerable position, not applying excessive force in bringing their opponents to ground, releasing their opponent’s pinned arms prior to making contact with the ground and/or ensuring that their opponent’s head does not make contact with the ground or any such contact is minimised.

“We commend clubs for their focus on safe tackling technique and encourage GMs to reach out to us if they would benefit from support or clarification with respect to umpiring and/or the approach by MRO and Tribunal in relation to dangerous tackles.”

The first example shows Collingwood’s Beau McCreery drag down Richmond’s Liam Baker from the waist so the Tiger does not topple over head-first.

Melbourne’s James Jordon also drops at the knee when he rotates Liam Shiels in a tackle to carefully bring him into ground.

Western Bulldogs’ superstar Marcus Bontempelli is also highlighted for lowering himself to pull down Fremantle’s Jaeger O’Meara.

And St Kilda’s Brad Hill lets go of Blue George Hewett completely in a tackle near the boundary line, allowing the Carlton midfielder to put his arms out to brace for contact to prevent a nasty head knock.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/afl-mro-news-all-the-latest-updates-from-the-round-13-action/news-story/88f641e00122db2b27cb5de608c1809b

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dan Butler suspended for one-week by MRO (afl site)
« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2023, 06:48:35 PM »
Dan Butler has been offered a one-match ban for his tackle on Sydney defender Nick Blakey on Thursday night.

The rough conduct charge was graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact, resulting in the one-game suspension.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/945757/match-review-saints-forward-learns-fate-for-blakey-tackle

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2023, 08:23:22 PM »
Stuff me

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2023, 08:35:14 PM »
The game is stuffed  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2023, 10:02:31 PM »
While they are uber tough on legit footy acts, the AFL let cheating diving crap like this go  ::).

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1667110994597019648

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2023, 10:33:47 PM »
While they are uber tough on legit footy acts, the AFL let cheating diving crap like this go  ::).

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1667110994597019648

To be honest that's a block lol

Clearly a dive as well, but technically a block because Bergman prevented him from reaching the drop of the ball despite Port outnumbering Dogs 3:1 in that contest against a spritely midget.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2023, 11:24:54 PM »
Wow! This is soft as well.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1667144479055417345

Flashbacks to Waverley in 1996 against the Swans when Richo got pinged for shepherding when Andrew Dunkley (father of Josh) took a dive. Ball was going through half-goalpost height. No chance in hell of Dunkley ever getting near it. Cost us the game and in the long run finals as we missed out only by percentage.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2023, 10:18:22 AM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2023, 02:55:42 PM »
Wow! This is soft as well.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1667144479055417345

Flashbacks to Waverley in 1996 against the Swans when Richo got pinged for shepherding when Andrew Dunkley (father of Josh) took a dive. Ball was going through half-goalpost height. No chance in hell of Dunkley ever getting near it. Cost us the game and in the long run finals as we missed out only by percentage.

Paid that against Lynch last year when Taz kicked a long one.

Criminal.

Should be allowed to do basically anything you want in the square if there's a kick coming in for a goal.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2023, 03:06:50 PM »
Riewoldt got done for it as well a couple of years ago... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2023, 04:33:55 PM »
I hate Collingwood with a passion like any Tiger supporter, but today's game just reinforces that I just don't see how any of the top interstate sides get near them on the 'G :P. If Brisbane can't beat a bottom 3 side at the 'G as well as cough up 8 of the last 9 goals, then how will they knock off the Pies in a Prelim or Granny there?!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2023, 08:56:02 PM »
It’s sort of worth watching a Carlton game these days, just to see how bad they are!      :rollin
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2023, 08:58:38 PM »
It’s sort of worth watching a Carlton game these days, just to see how bad they are!      :rollin

Curnow 0.4 lmao

It's drives them crazy. Love it.