Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Today at 02:55:56 PM »
I also think the AFL is going too far with the head contact + suspensions.

Given the earning potential of an AFL player (particularly the ones that 'make it' long term) I think they should be asked to sign a waiver that prevents them from suing the AFL or clubs for damages later in life.

Waivers don't hold up in court more often then not with this sort of thing though if the players can prove gross negligence or a breach of duty of care.... :shh
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:46:12 PM »
I also think the AFL is going too far with the head contact + suspensions.

Given the earning potential of an AFL player (particularly the ones that 'make it' long term) I think they should be asked to sign a waiver that prevents them from suing the AFL or clubs for damages later in life.
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:45:14 PM »
He is correct on all points.

Largely speaking the game is less interesting as a result.

Very true Andyy, I find that the vast majority of games are unwatchable. I start to watch a game, get bored with the lack of contests & hearing umpires saying "stand, stand,  stand". I either change the channel or turn the TV off & go watch paint dry or grass grow, which is far more exciting.

Yeah it's sad.

When I was a bachelor I would watch basically every game from Friday night, Sat PM, Sat night and Sunday.

Now sometimes I actually struggle to watch the Richmond games with much enthusiasm...

As a spectacle it's deteriorated significantly and I blame the rule changes.
« Last post by Hart4Jack on Today at 01:41:43 PM »
He is correct on all points.

Largely speaking the game is less interesting as a result.

Very true Andyy, I find that the vast majority of games are unwatchable. I start to watch a game, get bored with the lack of contests & hearing umpires saying "stand, stand,  stand". I either change the channel or turn the TV off & go watch paint dry or grass grow, which is far more exciting.
Richmond Rant / Re: Injury update 2024
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:23:47 PM »
We had a great run in 2017 for injuries. Some oppos have suggested we were kissed on the willy by fate.

2019 less so, but managed to get most players fit and firing after the bye.

Regardless there has been a severe drop in fitness and durability over the last few years. The clear link is Meehan.
Richmond Rant / Re: Marlion Pickett [merged]
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 01:16:23 PM »
He's on 87 games already.

Despite ageing and at times being questionable for our best 22 it would be quite negligent not to get him to 100 games, even if that means using him as the sub.

Any potential advantage we can get in the draft needs to be exploited as much as possible.
Richmond Rant / Re: Steely Green to debut this week [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Today at 01:05:55 PM »
Hope he plays well , we need a bit of hope for the future

If he doesn’t then we can keep turning the list over

What's the bet he's our sub, comes on with 5-10min to go in the 3rd quarter and we are already 60 points down. Get's dumped in a forward pocket and the ball goes nowhere near him.

Nah it'll be alright because that just means Sir Runsalot will be starting the match which should keep us in it........... :shh
« Last post by Diocletian on Today at 01:01:44 PM »
Oldest is 14....eligible for Coates Talent League pathway next year and the draft in three years which is around the same time Tassie will start getting picks - so having a couple of gun F/S prospects by then and during those years would be quite handy.... :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: Steely Green to debut this week [merged]
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 12:55:07 PM »
Hope he plays well , we need a bit of hope for the future

If he doesn’t then we can keep turning the list over

What's the bet he's our sub, comes on with 5-10min to go in the 3rd quarter and we are already 60 points down. Get's dumped in a forward pocket and the ball goes nowhere near him.
« Last post by Andyy on Today at 12:54:27 PM »
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/father-son-academy-prospects.982822/page-138#post-83513390

That'd be bloody right...might not be so important that we get him to the ton after all... :shh

They're hardly teenagers is my understanding?

Who cares.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10