Author Topic: hawks and their picks  (Read 1139 times)

letsgetiton!

hawks and their picks
« on: October 07, 2005, 02:16:03 PM »
good luck to the hawks but i can understand why all the teams they dealt with gave them what they wanted. they have 5 picks in the top 22, 4 in the first rnd! cant believe they got 2 firts rndres 4 hay , bloody hell, hope they pick duds in the draft

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: hawks and their picks
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:30:42 PM »
When a club thinks they are close to a flag they throw away early draft picks like the Cats did last year. The Hawks only got 2 first round picks for Hay because the Roos are deluded.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 02:38:36 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:33:46 PM »
theyve done the right thing but timed it badly...they should have done this next year.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 02:38:14 PM »
Don't worry Ramps - they have such a gutless culture in the playing group, and getting rid of a few senior heads would make them just about faves for the spoon.

I can see why they are doing this, but geez I would love to see it fail big time and them end up in a rut for 6-8 years.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 02:42:48 PM »
I hate Hawthorn and I'm actually jealous about their picks. A club run by complete w@nkers

2 first round picks for Hay? FFS I hope the Kangaroos finish last for being so stupid. Although Port Adelaide should finish second last for basically giving away pick 14 for Lonie  ???

Yet with so many idiots out there we failed to offload Tivendale !!!! Must send signs to the boys at RFC just how bad everyone rates Tivendud.

The only problem I see for the Hawks is the disharmony from the older players and how much an effect that will play on the younger kids, I would laugh my @rse off if next season Franklin walks out to head home to Perth but I cant see it happening.

One has to question whether we were too focused on Fevola or too cautious. Pat Bowden? what real influence is he going to have? Glad we kept pick 8 but thats about it.

If we had our head on straight we could have thrown Rodan's name around earlier in the week to see what real interest there was for him as I see him as expendable but we didnt even do that! RFC better pray to god that things will clear over with Rodan because if he walks now and we get jack poo for him I am guessing I wont be the only tiger frustrated and angry.

What weak effort this week and a waste of time.  >:(
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 03:04:15 PM »
The Hawks still had a couple of expendable players (given their ultra-youth policy) with good trade value whereas we didn't. Hay as a former AA key defender still rates even if he hasn't had a good year in 4 years. What did we have. Tivs will be 27 in April and as a flanker clubs can do better finding someone younger while Razor is ok. The hole in the middle age bracket of our list stuffs us up.

A player is only worth what another club is willing to offer. Roos needed a full back as they lost faith in Watt. Unless we were willing to part with our first pick or a marque player then we had stuff all chance it turns out. I still reckon we were hoping Carlton would let go of Fevola cheaply given the schism through the year between Fev and the Blues and the fact the Blues are up the creek financially. I still would like to know how the Blues will keep their name players unless Camporeale and Lappin walk out into the PSD.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 03:06:40 PM »
towards the end of trades today i was hoping that wed managed to suck in collingwood for pick 5. Id heard rumours that we were gonna make a late offer of pick 8 and rodan or pick 8 and tivendale for pick 5. On the surface it would have looked like a collingwood win but pick 5 would have landed us the player we really want in the draft.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 03:40:19 PM »
about rodan , no one would be crazy enough to pick up a player 1st yr out of a knee reco, even if we offered him for trade , clubs would have been sus and asked teh question as to why are we trading him as soon as he knee was operated.

no about tiv, nobody wants him, you watch, he will play most the yr at coburg and get delisted at end of 06, im sure his contract expires then

patrick bowden will be a surprise packet, remember this time last yr wallace wanted him , eade accused wallace of poaching , and declared bowden  as untouchable becaus everyone knew he has talent. now that really upset patrick imo so he played with no heart and passion this yr which was good 4 us, as we picked him up cheaply and miller did say that the doggies are paying 4 for part of his contract! again good 4 us , and wallace as miller said knows patricks capabilities and will get the best out of him :thumbsup

the hawks are a bunch of scared idiots, they dont have the courage to build a team properly, they dont have the pl to do it and the know how, so instead they are playing it safe, just going after kids, this is bec if and when it fails, "its not their fault , they are young , just kids learning, they have no experience bla bla bla" they are after a safety net. if it works good luck to them but they will lose many member and sponsors because its gonna take 6-8 yrs to get there!
pretty long rebuilding process, terry wallace has the right plan , he knows what it takes

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 04:57:36 PM »
Looks like the Roos are heading towards being the new Hawthorn with the duds they are picking up.  :rollin
In the coming weekends keep a eye out for Laidley hunting around the local 'trash and treasues' for a frew more hidden gems and rough diamonds! ROFLMAOOO :lol

Offline Crumden

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 08:40:39 PM »
No wonder Spida wanted to quit the Hawks.  They may as well have come straight out and said they aim to finish on the bottom for the next couple of years.  Very risky approach IMO.  They may have a great side in 5 years, but after a few years of finishing on the bottom, they may well be a merged or relocated team by then.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 02:15:00 AM »
Looks like a very bright future at Hawthorn.

2/3 years at the bottom but these kids will be very good footballer in a few years. Mixed in with the youth thats already on the list and the likes of Hodge & Mitchell and it'd be a good time to be a Hawthorn fan.

Hawthorn = Saint Kilda of a couple years ago.