Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270638 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #480 on: April 06, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
Bump. The 4 amigos coming up at 10.30pm tonight.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #481 on: April 06, 2009, 10:22:57 PM »
Bump. The 4 amigos coming up at 10.30pm tonight.

The biggest issue they face.....

Can they actually snag a guest  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #482 on: April 06, 2009, 11:15:59 PM »
Going into an ad break they showed vision of McGuane punching the ball away and asked is this the most selfish act in footy?  ???

On Richmond.......

* Thomas said the two positives from the Geelong game were our contested footy improved significantly and especially we played on instinctively which put pressure back on Geelong.

* Hutchy said our 4 newbies - Gus, Rance, Hislop and Nahas - all gave us another new dimension. We also didn't get much help from the umpires.

* Caro said hang on Richmond still lost by 20 points. Tiger fans would be devestated over the loss on Saturday. In front at 3/4 time, a extra days break and no Ottens - you wouldn't get a better chance to knock off Geelong.

* Thomas said Wallace's comments at the Tommy Hafey Club function were orchestrated. Basically it was a message to the players to show if they want to play for Terry and want him to coach beyond next year. If the players put in 4 consistent efforts in the coming weeks then Terry knows the players want to play for him. If they don't then where does Terry go from there.

* Hutchy asked Thomas if Kingy should ever play AFL again due to his kicking and Thomas said that's harsh. He likes the way Kingy goes about his footy and would give him more time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #483 on: April 07, 2009, 01:36:46 AM »
Going into an ad break they showed vision of McGuane punching the ball away and asked is this the most selfish act in footy?  ???
Lyon called it selfish. It was more a brain fade for mine out of frustration that Kingy gave up a goal through an errant kick in the backline.

Don't know what Caro was on about. Geelong had an 8-day break so they were hardly coming off a short break.

Thomas also wondered why we need to cop a spanking from all and sundry to play with the intensity required against Geelong when we didn't give a yelp in round 1 after 6 months preseason. The million dollar question we'd all like to know the answer to.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #484 on: April 07, 2009, 07:20:42 AM »
And still no guest  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #485 on: April 07, 2009, 09:00:32 AM »
Lyon called it selfish. It was more a brain fade for mine out of frustration that Kingy gave up a goal through an errant kick in the backline.

Don't know what Caro was on about. Geelong had an 8-day break so they were hardly coming off a short break.

Thomas also wondered why we need to cop a spanking from all and sundry to play with the intensity required against Geelong when we didn't give a yelp in round 1 after 6 months preseason. The million dollar question we'd all like to know the answer to.

Selfish my rs, it was pure frustration at the pussies getting cheap goals.  Dumb thing to do sure, but I dont think selfish came into it as the act of selfishness implies thought was taken.

I reckon the Blues game was the result of too much hype and talk, and when things started to go wrong it just snowballed into the disaster that was R1.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #486 on: April 07, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »

I bet when the ball was heading through the goals, McGuane had a 'Waterboy' moment and the ball turned into Kingy's head.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: April 07, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »

lyon is right, it was a selfish and stupid act.

Mcguane IMO best start packing his bags for the Gold Coast if he keeps that up

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #488 on: April 07, 2009, 11:17:48 AM »

Gee is there anyone in our side who is up to your stellar, personal standards? ::)
Sometimes I wonder why you bother, it's not passion it's pessimism in your all grey and white world.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Con65

« Reply #489 on: April 07, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
No further hostilities in the war between Caro and Eddie I noticed (or did I miss it)...maybe the Channel 9 execs gave them both a speaking to...

Lyon did say at the start that the show was back and for more than just 2 weeks...was that a way at having a small backhander at Eddie's comments that the show would be gorn in 2 weeks if the ratings didnt improve?

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: April 07, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
Still reckon Grant Thomas would make an excellent choice as Richmonds next coach or at least an assistants role. Geez I reckon he would make the tough choices to do with personell and the feel around the club.
I must say though to clarify I do live in Warrnambool and saw Grant coach Warrnambool Footy Club to 5 premierships in a row in the late 80's.
He really doesnt like us at all which is why I think he would be good.

Con65

« Reply #491 on: April 07, 2009, 12:03:29 PM »
He doesn't suffer fools...

But why would he coach us if he doesn't like us...plus he has said he wont coach again...

Personally i have many friends and relos that are Saints supporters and they were not happy with him as coach...His refusal to believe in the role of Ruckmen who dont win their own footy cost the Sainters ...Imagine if the Sainters kept Richmond out of the Heath Black trade and ignored Fiora and simply took Simmonds in return for Heath Black...What might have been for them in 05 and 06 etc...

First thing that Ross Lyon did was recruit Gardiner..then King...says something doesnt it.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #492 on: April 07, 2009, 12:40:36 PM »

And when he has racked up as many selfish and stupid acts as your darling Richo then he might need to think about it.  Everyone makes at least one judgment of error that doesn't (and shouldn't) condemn them to the gallows - even you.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #493 on: April 07, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »

And when he has racked up as many selfish and stupid acts as your darling Richo then he might need to think about it.  Everyone makes at least one judgment of error that doesn't (and shouldn't) condemn them to the gallows - even you.

Richo selfish. uum okay no problem. Selfish enough to stay a club for his whole career when he could have left for more money at some stage.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #494 on: April 07, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »
He would coach us for the challenge and of course the money ! Doesnt he have like 9 kids or something ? Got to put food on the table.