Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270601 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #675 on: July 28, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »
just because jade is not a huge name in footy does not mean he lacks presence, sure he is a nice guy but the players, from cuz, to tambling, to deledio, to brown, mcmahon, jack, the whole bloody team are responding to him, that suggests he has real presence

TT....why have you changed your name to TT2?????

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #676 on: July 28, 2009, 10:59:39 AM »
just because jade is not a huge name in footy does not mean he lacks presence, sure he is a nice guy but the players, from cuz, to tambling, to deledio, to brown, mcmahon, jack, the whole bloody team are responding to him, that suggests he has real presence

What's a concern is that the sequel is never as good as the original, and in this case the original wasn't too flash to begin with

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #677 on: July 28, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »

What's a concern is that the sequel is never as good as the original, and in this case the original wasn't too flash to begin with

:thatsgold

LMFAO

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #678 on: July 28, 2009, 01:52:10 PM »
i thought that remark by thomas was a pretty simpleminded one really...in any interviews Ive heard Rawlo strikes me as someone quite asute with a firm grip on the game....Now lets line up the candidates shall we ...Hows the presence of Hinkley, Cameron, Scott (yep the a-hole that played golf rather GF parade) Hardwick compare ...oh my, yep they overwhelm me  with their presence ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #679 on: July 28, 2009, 02:15:46 PM »
Grant Thomas is vitriolic in his abuse towards Richmond, but for some reason I still like him.
Actually I thought a couple of weeks ago Brayshaw practically asked him on air to submit his resume for the North job.

On a side note, I thought their interview of Adam Simpson was appalling, why put a newly retired 300 gamer in the 'hotseat', there is nothing controversial about the guy, could've reflected on his career a bit more instead of putting him through a job interview on TV, it was condescending to Adam Simpson, and boring television to boot.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #680 on: August 03, 2009, 10:33:12 PM »
Caro, Hutchy, Lyon and Cornflakes coming on in a few minutes. Maybe a RFC coaching update (?).

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #681 on: August 03, 2009, 11:25:48 PM »
Report please OE.... :thumbsup, thanks mate. They don't show it till 12.30am over here. :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back

« Reply #682 on: August 03, 2009, 11:34:32 PM »
BAD CALL. dont waste your time watching it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #683 on: August 03, 2009, 11:50:42 PM »
Nothing much tonight about Richmond. No coaching news.

* Caro said Richmond were appalling especially as Melbourne weren't going all out to win. Richmond were disgraceful.

* Hutchy said Melbourne recruiters rate Scully as high as Judd. [ed. Not hard to guess who is going No.1 in the draft this year].

* Caro said Richmond felt they were playing a side that wasn't going full tilt.

* About the AFL moving round 22 games - Caro said the Eagles are against moving our Friday nighter as everything has already been planned. Richmond said the AFL would have to compensate our supporters for airfares, etc.

* Caro reckons there'll be a mass exodus of Freo players to Victoria. A number want out. Sandilands and Peake mentioned specifically.

* They showed Kingy shepherding Jake Spencer and then standing over him pretending to have another go at the Dees ruckman lol. Hutchy said Jake and him have worked things out and everything is fine now after Kingy threatened to knock his block off lol.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #684 on: August 03, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
Thanks OE, appreciate it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #685 on: August 04, 2009, 07:00:37 AM »
* About the AFL moving round 22 games - Caro said the Eagles are against moving our Friday nighter as everything has already been planned. Richmond said the AFL would have to compensate our supporters for airfares, etc.

Yes I sent a rather curt email off to the AFL yesterday about this very issue asking if they move the game would they compensate me for having to change my flight?

As my return flight is business class which I used frequent flyer points for I am not sure where I stand with trying to get that one changed... will not be happy if it gets moved

Also would expect the RFC to demand a guaranteed FTA Friday night game early in 2010 to compensate the CLub as well.

Actually will finish by saying I was disappointed when Caro said WCE told the AFL you can't move it and then mentioned the RFC said "well if you have to move it, move it".

For goodness sake Richmond, prime time TV, natinal exposure for sponsors, live feed into Melb for fans and you say "well if you have to" - PATHETIC
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #686 on: August 04, 2009, 08:19:20 AM »
For once Caro & Me agree on Something  ;D Richmond were disgraceful  ;D funny how she used that word disgraceful  :rollin :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #687 on: August 04, 2009, 08:22:16 AM »

Yes I sent a rather curt email off to the AFL yesterday about this very issue asking if they move the game would they compensate me for having to change my flight?

As my return flight is business class which I used frequent flyer points for I am not sure where I stand with trying to get that one changed... will not be happy if it gets moved

Also would expect the RFC to demand a guaranteed FTA Friday night game early in 2010 to compensate the CLub as well.

Actually will finish by saying I was disappointed when Caro said WCE told the AFL you can't move it and then mentioned the RFC said "well if you have to move it, move it".

For goodness sake Richmond, prime time TV, natinal exposure for sponsors, live feed into Melb for fans and you say "well if you have to" - PATHETIC

l'm sure your used to Richmond making bad decisions WP  ;D  :lol  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #688 on: August 10, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
Richmond should get a decent mention tonight with Benny Gale's appointment today as CEO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #689 on: August 10, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
Summary - 10/8/09

Caro mentioned in the coaching race there's 4 left - Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley. Second round interviews began tonight.

Laidley still hovering around.
Brad Scott didn't make it past the first round despite reports otherwise.
Fletcher and Sumich didn't make it past the first round either.

Thomas said we need someone uncompromising, a ripsnorter, some who can take the club by the scruff of the neck. Culture can change in 7 minutes if everyone is willing to change. Caro said Hardwick is impressive to her and he was a uncompromising player.

Thomas also said Rawlings could have been more assertive in the first few weeks of his caretakership. In some cases he's done well but he could have set the scene much harder early on. Felt his media conference speech passed the blame purely onto the playing group. A club is seen through it's leadership.

On Benny Gale - he supports Richo continuing on next year. Caro said that's interesting because Gale will be sitting in on the final round of interviews that determines the coach.

Lyon praised Kingy. He said we know King has deficiencies and the new coach will determine if he has future but he plays with his heart and gives his all every time he goes out to play. Hutchy said King has a contract so will be there next year.