Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270618 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »
The 4 amigos are on tonight due to the Brownlow tomorrow night.

Hutchy says there's plenty of trade news so maybe the Tigers will get a mention.

I will wait for the report please OE... :bow
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #751 on: September 20, 2009, 11:31:56 PM »
Brownlow

Caro thinks Cuz will get 15 Brownlow votes. He's her "roughie". The others laughed. Lyon said he'll do the show nude next year if Cuz won it.

Trade talk

Burgoyne - will announce tommorrow his preferred club. Hawthorn favourite. Essendon also in the mix. Melbourne just a fall-back option in the PSD.

Lovett - Freo best placed.

Everitt - heavily wooed by a number of Victorian clubs. Hutchy reckons the competition for Everitt is so strong a top 10 pick may be offered. Carlton favourite.

Gibson - will reconfirm he wants to go to Hawthorn when he returns from OS tomorrow.

Spangher - no idea according to Caro lol.

Hutchy reckons Maguire and Tarrant will change clubs as well.

Good Call/Bad Call

Hutchy asked "Richo is wrong to go on one more season?" Lyon said bad call. Richo should play on.

Draft talk
Melbourne are believed to be taking two midfielders with their first two picks according to Hutchy and Lyon. Hutchy says it's a bad call by the Dees and they should take Butcher as they need a KPP.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: September 20, 2009, 11:35:01 PM »
Well nothing on the Tigers then as far as trades go, thanks for the report OE!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #753 on: September 20, 2009, 11:58:13 PM »
Melbourne are believed to be taking two midfielders with their first two picks according to Hutchy and Lyon. Hutchy says it's a bad call by the Dees and they should take Butcher as they need a KPP.
That's the most important thing out of the show from Richmond's perspective. We now have to decide whether the best available KPP is better than the 3rd best midfielder on offer. Probably deserves it own thread.

As for trade talk it's slightly concerning there's no mention of interest in Tucky although we don't know what is going on behind the scenes and it's not officially trade week yet. Having the likes of Burgoyne on the trade table hurts Tucky's trade value big time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #754 on: March 29, 2010, 10:34:47 PM »
Caro, Hutchy, Lyon and Thomas on now. If they stick to form we'll probably get a bagging.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:58 PM »
gee i really cant stand this Caro scrag.

Bringing up Benny Gale interview last week again. Defending Terry and his game plans.

She sounds as if she really hates the club and you know what they should not let her sorry ar-se within 200 metres of the front gate.

stuff her
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #756 on: March 29, 2010, 10:55:27 PM »
Caro said Richmond and Melbourne are crumbling at the moment and there's no hope for supporters. Both clubs would have just as much right to go to the AFL to ask for a priority pick because they are both stuffed as Geelong does seeking compensation for Ablett.

Caro said there's talk Simmo may play on for another year. Ruck stocks are very thin. Richmond looked half the size out there compared to Carlton. No ruck in the forward line many times during the night with Jack Riewoldt having to go up in the place of a real ruckman against Kreuzer and Warnock.

Replayed Browny on the Sunday Footy Show saying that we all lost our way including Wallace in the last couple of years (ie. no gameplan). Terry was a good coach before then.

Caro said the honeymoon period will only last a couple of weeks if the Club blames the past (ie. Wallace). She said she should have gone harder at Benny Gale about him blaming a past staff member. Caro said that was untrue.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #757 on: March 29, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
Simmo was lucky to get the gig this year. Surely this is his last year  ???.

Caro said the honeymoon period will only last a couple of weeks if the Club blames the past (ie. Wallace).
Hey Caro how about a source  ::)

The Club was just talking about the future Caro with the 3-0-75 plan until your gutter article about Cuz and what some 'mystery' source  :whistle claimed happened last year and then you' Lyon and co. kept going on and on about Cuz with Benny Gale  :sleep. Laughable comment Caro  ::).

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #758 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:17 PM »
God when is it going to end, yet again we all know where we are at and where we are going and... etc... etc....

"Rucks:

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #759 on: March 29, 2010, 11:13:28 PM »
gee i really cant stand this Caro scrag.

Bringing up Benny Gale interview last week again. Defending Terry and his game plans.

She sounds as if she really hates the club and you know what they should not let her sorry ar-se within 200 metres of the front gate.

eff her

Yep she is definately a trouble maker. What is important is that the club remains and stays focused on the plan and what it has to do, from president to footballer. No fear she will try to derail us at the slightest of opportunities as would just about any other journalist. One of the major keys to our success as a club let alone the football department is "UNITY". Unity alone as a club will itself go along way in circumventing any media attack. Unity is in fact a prerequisite to stability and success, neither of these things are possible without it.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

tony_montana

« Reply #760 on: March 29, 2010, 11:30:30 PM »

Caro said the honeymoon period will only last a couple of weeks if the Club blames the past (ie. Wallace).

The Club was just talking about the future Caro with the 3-0-75 plan until your gutter article about Cuz and what some 'mystery' source  :whistle claimed happened last year and then you' Lyon and co. kept going on and on about Cuz with Benny Gale  :sleep. Laughable comment Caro  ::).

exactly MT, funny how she bangs on abt us always blaming the past, got nothing to do with the leading questions and sticking to the cuz issue like flies on poo you hag!

i turned it off early tonight as well as on the couch, just had enough of footy coverage lately. Not sure its bc im tired or what but watching both programs tonight, for the first time i felt completely put off over the gross over saturation of every non issue in footy. The media create the agendas in footy, they literally pull the strings in this industry and i've had enough, losing interest truth be told. They are worse than lawyers and real estate agents. Getting more and more akin to the british tabloids every year

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #761 on: March 29, 2010, 11:41:50 PM »

exactly MT, funny how she bangs on abt us always blaming the past, got nothing to do with the leading questions and sticking to the cuz issue like flies on poo you hag!

i turned it off early tonight as well as on the couch, just had enough of footy coverage lately. Not sure its bc im tired or what but watching both programs tonight, for the first time i felt completely put off over the gross over saturation of every non issue in footy. The media create the agendas in footy, they literally pull the strings in this industry and i've had enough, losing interest truth be told. They are worse than lawyers and real estate agents. Getting more and more akin to the british tabloids every year

:clapping :clapping :clapping. Best post I think you have ever written, I totally agree. I just can't get into the footy that much anymore either the way it's going in the media and all over.

Years ago I would not leave the house if the Tigers were on, even other games for that matter. Now, I would rather go for a ride on my Motorbike, go for a drive with the wife and kids or go and play Golf.

I am sick to death of hearing about Ben Cousins, Gary Ablett, free agency, GC17 and how bad a team we apparently are and will be for the next 100 years. I am also sick of watching the rules continually change every year and how different unpires interperate them.

I love the Tiges and always will but the media and AFL are killing the game for me.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #762 on: March 29, 2010, 11:47:20 PM »
Good call/bad call: Should Richmond get the right to host the season opener?

Caro said yes. That's a kick a club when it's down question. 72,000 turned up which was clearly the best crowd of the round. We'd just like Richmond to be more competitive in future. They should keep it for now but if there's a bad loss next year then they may be in trouble.

Lyon then quipped he's not too sure we'll be there next year.

Hutchy said North's first half against Port ( 4.2-26 to 10.10-70 ) wasn't as bad as Richmond and Melbourne on the weekend because they came back in the second half.

Ox

« Reply #763 on: March 29, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »

Hutchy said North's first half against Port ( 4.2-26 to 10.10-70 ) wasn't as bad as Richmond and Melbourne on the weekend because they came back in the second half.

And that is why he is touted as the balding imbecile,ars licking dog he is.

lmao.What a Fool.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #764 on: March 30, 2010, 12:16:54 AM »
Being over 7 goals down is better than 3 according to Hutchy  :stupid.

WP and I mentioned at the game that the media will only concentrate on the last quarter and the margin blowing out. If we had kept the margin to 4-5 goals as it was at 3/4 time then it would have made it hard for the journos to go to town on us as they are and comparing our performance to Melbourne who were 80 points down and totally non-competitive for 3 quarters until the Hawks took the pedal off in the last. The media just see both sides lost by 56 points and go both performances were the same without any context  ::).