Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270612 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1680 on: July 16, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »
In all honesty - what did a couple of extra wins matter in the past 2 years?  We may not have picked up Ellis or Vlastuin if we had of won.

In fact, I think that the club learned more out of last year's loss (and the repeat performance resulting in the Freo loss this year) than they would have out of a meaningless win.

For me the other flipside is after our narrow loss to GCS last year, it would've played in the minds of the players during the narrow loss to Carlton as well. I'm by no means a psychic/clairvoyant but I feel that if we defeated GCS, we would've beaten Carlton and consequently would've made finals and Chris Newman wouldn't have been bawling his eyes out in the changerooms.

That being said though, we most likely wouldn't of got Vlastuin finishing 8th. But I suppose we could've got Brodie Grundy?

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1681 on: July 16, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »
Someone should tap Caro on the shoulder and tell her shes on Footy Classified not Petticoat Junction

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1682 on: July 16, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »
id luv to tap caro on the shoulder..........
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1683 on: July 16, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
id luv to tap caro..........

EFA

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1684 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »
id luv to tap caro on the shoulder..........

Oh my  :-[

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1685 on: July 17, 2013, 01:35:02 AM »
she's doing a great job with the drug cheats.
Relentless journalism :cheers
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1686 on: July 22, 2013, 11:20:32 PM »
Barrett tonight said Jack is very close to re-signing and there's a strong chance he'll publicly announce his commitment to Richmond within a fortnight. This is despite a massive offer from Freo that is $200-250k above our offer.

Hutchy reckons Freo should go to Pavlich, Sandilands and McPharlin and ask for them to take a $100k pay cut on the promise of going all guns blazing to win their first flag next year and bump the offer to Jack up to $1.1m per year; essentially a Godfather offer.

Caro said Jack is so inextricably a Tiger he won't leave. There are some things an extra $250k can't buy and Jack knows he will be revered up there with Richo after a 12 year one-club career with the Tigers.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:03:58 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1687 on: July 22, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »
The Richmond good call/bad call question tonight was "Should Martin re-sign with the Tigers?". Caro said Dusty owes a lot to the Richmond Football Club and he's just asking for too much money.

On us specifically, Hutchy said his "Richmond to finish top 4" prediction is now not out of the question. Caro said it's a possibility but she doesn't believe we'll make it whereas Lloyd said with Sydney, Hawthorn and Essendon to come we won't make the top 4.

Hutchy also said we've had an easy draw this year similar to Adelaide's last year. Caro replied it hasn't been that easy and that at the start of the year two trips to Perth in quick succession followed by playing Adelaide was seen as a tough draw. It's only changed now as these teams we thought would finish high up have fallen away. She also said Richmond only play GWS and Melbourne once.

Caro said Sunday was our best win for the year; up with the win over West Coast in Perth.

Lloyd was critical of Deledio still not being able to break a tag. They showed a graphic where against the best taggers from Essendon (Hocking), Freo (Crowley), etc Lids' contested possies wouldn't change that much but his uncontested possies drop away dramatically. Caro tried to defend Lids on the weekend saying he hurt Crowley at times especially in the last quarter and that Lids took Crowley out of the game which freed up Cotchin and Martin. Lloyd said it's Crowley's job as the tagger to take Deledio out of the game not the other way around.

Lloyd praised Cotch's game. He said Cotch has had a poor year by his lofty standards and so Richmond and Cotch has plenty of upside if Cotch can now reproduce the form on the weekend.

Lloyd also put up another graphic with the clubs with the best taggers in the AFL and Daniel Jackson (Richmond) was one of them. Collingwood doesn't have a tagger so Ablett cut loose whereas the week before he was well held by Jackson.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1688 on: July 23, 2013, 12:12:57 AM »
Caro in her Arrow fired back at Eddie McGuire after he said she called for Gary March's head on fox footy after our game on Sunday.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1689 on: July 23, 2013, 12:30:18 AM »
Caro in her Arrow fired back at Eddie McGuire after he said she called for Gary March's head on fox footy after our game on Sunday.
Yes she accused Eddie of being tired and rundown and as a result he's making mistakes and false comments. She reckons Eddie mixed her up with another journo and club. Barrett chimed in in the background while Caro was talking that it may have been him who made the call back in a day for Gary March's head. Caro read out a list of headlines from her articles from 2007 onwards which were supportive of March.

Eddie could have been referring to Caro backing the alternative "Big 4" ticket way back in the 2004 club elections that was up against Clinton Casey's board (Gary March was VP at the time from memory).

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1690 on: July 23, 2013, 12:56:07 AM »
Did Lloyd watch Lids or just check the stat sheet? Lids goes in centre bounce and that hack Crowley eats up a midfield spot away from a gun mid like Fyfe/Mundy etc then Lids runs to FF and takes Crowley out of his comfort zone. 15 possies for a FF ain't that bad.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1691 on: July 23, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »
Lloyd said with Sydney, Hawthorn and Essendon to come we won't make the top 4.

Alternatively dumbass, if we beat all 3, we're well placed, particularly if your Bummer cheats get stripped of their points for the season.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1692 on: July 23, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Did Lloyd watch Lids or just check the stat sheet? Lids goes in centre bounce and that hack Crowley eats up a midfield spot away from a gun mid like Fyfe/Mundy etc then Lids runs to FF and takes Crowley out of his comfort zone. 15 possies for a FF ain't that bad.

He's embarassing himself now.  How much impact did Lids have with his 15 possies too....I reckon he shat on Crowley FWIW.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1693 on: July 23, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »
On us specifically, Hutchy said his "Richmond to finish top 4" prediction is now not out of the question. Caro said it's a possibility but she doesn't believe we'll make it whereas Lloyd said with Sydney, Hawthorn and Essendon to come we won't make the top 4.

What a flog Lloyd is !  So we can't make top 4 coz we have to play Essendon again ?? Oooh I'm shaking in my boots. They are the worst top 4 team in AFL history. We'll beat them in round 23 and then I hope we get to play them in the finals coz we'll beat them again.
 Of cousre we know they'll be running both games out strongly as they have all year due to a 12 month programme of systematic PED abuse.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

gerkin greg

« Reply #1694 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:10 PM »
The Big Dice Man  :clapping