Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270638 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1875 on: April 28, 2014, 11:51:19 PM »
They just read forums and copy our poo. They get paid for it while we get paid to do something else whilst doing this instead.  :whistle

Haha very funny post this. Cheers for the laugh.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1876 on: April 29, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »
Old rag's still banging on about King.

Yeah we played like poo yesterday because one of the players who didn't even play had a cup of coffee with a mate in stuffing January.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1877 on: April 29, 2014, 12:05:43 AM »
They're repeating the show tonight on GEM so I've updated and added more to my above post.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1878 on: April 29, 2014, 12:21:35 AM »
Old rag's still banging on about King.

Yeah we played like poo yesterday because one of the players who didn't even play had a cup of coffee with a mate in stuffing January.
:lol :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1879 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:53 PM »
All about us tonight. On now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1880 on: May 19, 2014, 10:29:09 PM »
Summary:

* Caro said Richmond is a club at the crossroads. They need to change direction as the current direction they've been on isn't working and won't work.

* They played the "we've better than last year" comment of Dimma's and then two weeks later it changed to "we're not the side of last year". They also replayed the clip of Dimma a few weeks back saying we miss those three players and things would improve when they came back.

* Lloyd said if they lose to GWS then it will truly implode. He said Dimma was still probably upbeat a couple of weeks ago hoping Maric, Deledio and Rance coming back would make a difference but they've got two of them back and it clearly hasn't.

* Hutchy said Dimma looks lost for ideas. Caro said other clubs have worked out what Richmond did in 2013 and it seems Hardwick doesn't have a plan B. She still doesn't see Dimma being sacked and the Club isn't like that anymore.

* Caro reckons the loss of Leppitsch and Campbell has hurt and Dimma doesn't have the people good enough in the coaches' box around him. Got to also question the direction of the footy dept. and the footy director on the Board Tony Free.

* Hutchy singled up Peggy for being silent. Caro thought that was harsh. Lloyd asked what she brings to the table and Caro answered stability. Caro said it was a good thing she was silence. We should be looking instead at the players and footy dept. for the loss to Melbourne.

* They showed a heap of stats we are down in from last year.
Eff kicks down from 1st to 10th.
Scores  97.9 (5th) down to 80.6 (15th).

* Lloyd got stuck into Chaplin for his poor efforts when you need you senior players and leaders to display sureness and confidence.

* Caro said Vickery's heart doesn't look like it's in it and he needs to go back to the VFL to find out if he really wants to play AFL. They showed a clip of Pedersen taking that mark on the goal-line amongst about 3 tigers. It was Vickery's job to spoil it through but he was too concerned about himself. Likewise Houli didn't contest either.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1881 on: May 19, 2014, 10:59:52 PM »
You know you're stuffed when these muppets make sense.

Think 90% of this forum said weeks, months ago that Hardwick failed when challenged for a Plan B. Many people said our issues were deeper than missing Deledio and Rance, as key as they are, not much they can do when our game plan stinks of short chipping possession rubbish.
Go Tigers!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1882 on: May 19, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »
That clip they showed of the Pederson goal when Vickery just stood there doing nothing when he could've ran and spoiled it over the line was enough for me. He shouldn't play again this season and he should be delisted at seasons end. Absolute potato
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Rampstar

« Reply #1883 on: May 19, 2014, 11:49:41 PM »
I Started laughing when I saw Grigg fall over and Viney got the ball and ran into an open goal. Fair dinkum Charlie Chaplin couldnt write stuff like that.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1884 on: May 19, 2014, 11:56:53 PM »
That clip they showed of the Pederson goal when Vickery just stood there doing nothing when he could've ran and spoiled it over the line was enough for me. He shouldn't play again this season and he should be delisted at seasons end. Absolute potato
I always chuckle when a player gets called a potato.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1885 on: May 20, 2014, 02:49:28 AM »
FOOTY CLASSIFIED — NINE NETWORK

NOT surprisingly, Richmond was first cab off the rank as the panel tried to address what was wrong at Punt Road.

Matthew Lloyd, Garry Lyon, Craig Hutchison and Caroline Wilson agreed the 16th-placed Tigers were battling.

“They have GWS this week so they’re not at rock bottom yet,” Lloyd said.

“If they lose that one there’ll be big decisions made down at Punt Road.”

Wilson questioned the “football direction” of the club, saying Damien Hardwick had lost support — such as key assistant Justin Leppitsch — while football director on the board Tony Free had to be questioned.

Hutchison asked if we would hear from Richmond president Peggy O’Neal, while Lloyd went a step further.

“What does Peggy bring to the table as president that makes her a great president, or what can she bring?” he asked.

Wilson highlighted that O’Neal, the first female president in VFL/AFL history, had only been in the job six months.

--------------------------------------------------------------

AFL 360 — FOX FOOTY

THE under-fire Tigers didn’t take long to be brought up and the lads agreed Richmond simply aren’t good enough.

Robbo suggested the Tigers needed to strip the game plan right back and “pick a theme” for the week.

“The stunning bit is the fall,” he said.

“If you think we’re having a big discussion on Richmond this week, if they get beaten by GWS next week, there will be carnage.”

Gerard agreed with Robbo but said “you have to know where you are”, and the Tigers may have drastically over-estimated their place on the premiership clock.

“I’m partially amazed ... (but) to me it looks real,” Gerard said.

“I think this is probably a real reflection of where it is ... they’re a poor team.

“They thought they were top-four material, and they’re a long way from that.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ON THE COUCH — FOX FOOTY

ATTENTION soon turned to Richmond and the panel agreed things have gone horribly wrong for the Tigers.

“I don’t think anyone can understand what’s gone wrong with this footy team,” Mike said.

The panel says there was a boldness about the Tigers of 2013, but something has gone wrong and coach Damien Hardwick and the footy world doesn’t know what.

“Maybe 2013 gave them a false sense of security about where they were and how good they were,” Jason said.

Stats show the Tigers have dropped right off in every area.

Mike wondered if the Tigers were crippled by fear in matches, while Gerard said he believed the coach will stand by his players this week ahead of the clash with GWS.

“I get the feeling he (Hardwick) is giving them one more chance,” Gerard said.

Jason thinks that would be the wrong move.

“To give them one more chance against a team languishing at the bottom, to me that doesn’t achieve anything,” Jason said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-woes-headline-discussion-gazza-the-great-and-did-the-mrp-get-it-right/story-fnelctok-1226923356577

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1886 on: May 26, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »
Wonder what loose lips has to say tonight  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1887 on: May 27, 2014, 04:06:25 AM »
Last night's show pretty much said GWS are terrible so Richmond and Jack have to back up this week against Essendon before proving anything.

Caro claimed some of the media commentary directed towards Peggy regarding her public silence prior to this week was motivated because Peggy was a female president rather than her being a new president. Lyon took exception to that as earlier in the year he said he made comments questioning Melbourne's new president Glen Bartlett credentials and no one said boo. Caro added that she didn't mean Lyon or Lloyd (who last week questioned what Peggy brought to the table and whom Peggy mentioned in her interview).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFL 360

RIEWOLDT finished with 11.2 against the Giants after a controversial week off the field.

The Richmond full forward dominated the headlines last week and could do again this week.

“Jack Riewoldt is not a bad person. He just finds himself in positions where he must ask himself, ‘how did I end up here?’,” Robinson said.

Whateley said Riewoldt responded in a manner typical of a big-time player and the Tigers were right in keeping him in the team.

“He responded in a manner that made you thought he’s there for the long haul,” he said.

“Sometimes I think you can punish the team by punishing the individual.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THOMPSON and Roos were asked for their take on the Jack Riewoldt comments and aftermath.

Roos said he didn’t like Riewoldt speaking out of line but praised the Tigers for their handling of the issue.

“I wasn’t comfortable with Jack but I though Damien’s response was fantastic. That line about taking his foot out of his mouth and my foot out of his arse,” he said.

“I thought it was well handled by Damien and the club. Jack obviously came out and played well.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gary-abletts-mrp-escape-paul-rooss-future-and-leon-cameron-on-monday-night-shows/story-fnelctok-1226932422900

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1888 on: May 27, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »

Roos said he didn’t like Riewoldt speaking out of line but praised the Tigers for their handling of the issue.

“I wasn’t comfortable with Jack but I though Damien’s response was fantastic. That line about taking his foot out of his mouth and my foot out of his arse,” he said.

And the saddest thing about this is when the truth is 'out of line.' Once upon a time there was a 'coach' if you will. And no one 'spoke out of line.' That 'coach' is George Lucas and as a result of everyone's subserviency he made 3 bastardo star wars prequels. Moral of the story, honest objective criticism is a good thing no matter how painful it is to swallow.

Jack's comments were a lot more encouraging than "we're a better team than last year"

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1889 on: May 27, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »
Caro really made a tit of herself last night  ;D