Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 270596 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1965 on: September 02, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »
Lyon only played one decent year.

He was dirty then and he still is.
I didn't realise he was lebanese.  Is that true?

Yes, as Lebanese as Cedar.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1966 on: September 02, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »
I didn't get a chance to watch it because I don't own a TV. Could someone give me a summary on RFC business please?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1967 on: September 02, 2014, 03:23:29 PM »
I didn't get a chance to watch it because I don't own a TV. Could someone give me a summary on RFC business please?

I got my old Grammys 32 cm you can have, unfortunately it is Analogue but beggars can't be choosers

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1968 on: September 03, 2014, 02:59:57 PM »
Thanks for your generosity Chuck. I live in a fairly small 1bdr apartment so I opted to get a projector to hook up to my laptop as opposed to a TV. I went to the footy classified site but they only had bits and pieces of the episode so I feel like I missed out on solid RFC talk. I'm not a huge fan of Carolyn Wilson but I did like her comments about the anti- Peggy O'Neil discussion earlier this year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1969 on: September 09, 2014, 02:25:25 AM »
FOOTY CLASSIFIED (CHANNEL 9)

THE show kicked off with a scathing assessment of Richmond’s loss to Port Adelaide in Sunday’s elimination final.

“They failed a big exam yesterday,” Essendon legend Matthew Lloyd said. “They were exposed against a brutal Port Adelaide that wanted it more.”

ed: Lloyd also said our deficiencies were exposed for all to see.

Melbourne champion Garry Lyon added: “People say they played nine elimination finals. That’s not right. They played nine home and away games. If they don’t address the loss, they’ll sit on a nine-game winning streak and go into the pre-season contented.”

Journalist Caroline Wilson took a more sympathetic view on the Tigers.

“They’ll get a pass mark for 2014. While they capitulated at the Adelaide Oval, where they were two months ago, you have to give them a pass mark,” she said.

“There’s 18 teams in the competition, so at least they can take some solace they were able to fight back from a wooden spoon situation.

ed: Hutchy gave our season a 'fail'. He said the expectation at the start of the year was Richmond had to win a final to show improvement and they failed miserably to do that on Sunday.

Lyon then showed vision of three clips of Dusty where he didn't work defensively and was desperate enough at the loose ball  - first was being bumped off the ball by one of the lightest Port players on the wing; the second one was a failure to chase a opponent through the centre square; and the third one was Dusty just jogging back towards our back-half while Port players streamed past him and forward into space.

Lyon was likewise critical of Chaplin. Lyon said Chaplin would've known, after all the talk midweek about that email, that he had to play at full ferocity at the contest but he didn't. They showed a couple of soft efforts to tackle early on in the game and the bit where he was pushed to/fell to the ground which resulted in a goal to Port.

Lyon said the loss wasn't all Dusty and Chaplin's fault but it reflected a poor mindset throughout the team going into a cut-throat elimination final.

http://www.news.com.au/national/what-you-missed-on-tv-last-night-mitch-clark-richmond-and-north-melbourne-dominate-agendas/story-e6frfkp9-1227052051495

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1970 on: September 09, 2014, 04:10:38 AM »
Lyon and Lloyd need to worry about there teams as both haven't got the balls to say it how it is regarding them.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1971 on: September 09, 2014, 06:56:35 AM »
Have no problem with what they said, think most on here have articulated the same thing

Only difference is they were able show the vision to back what they were saying

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:17:14 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1972 on: September 09, 2014, 07:10:48 AM »
On the money with Martin
His turnovers in the middle of the ground set Port up
After watching the replay
Midfielders who don't get back to support the back line usually ends up in the defeat we had
It was like a tidal wave with a blowing Gale behind it

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1973 on: September 09, 2014, 10:06:04 AM »
I wonder if Dustin was actually fit after his issues late in the season.

Looked very stiff and sore and could barely get out of a jog.

Also knocked over a couple of times which is unheard of.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1974 on: September 09, 2014, 10:47:28 AM »

Could be onto something TBR. His last two weeks have been really poor after a great season.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1975 on: September 09, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »

Yeh I reckon Dusty has been laboring a bit with injury. He could barely raise a gallop on Sunday.

As for Lloyd's comments ? He along with Blobbo on AFL360 ripped right into Richmond. Absolutlely gave it to us. I'd be ok with that coz we deserved it BUT... at no stage in either of the programmes did Lloyd or Blob make a single comment about Essendon's woeful capitulation against North the night before. I think they were rapt Richmond stuffed up because it meant they could avoid talking about their pathetic club.

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1976 on: September 09, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »
I'm happy if people want to be brutal.

At the end of the day it's the player's fault. Richmond stank ten times as bad as Essendon.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1977 on: September 09, 2014, 12:03:43 PM »
On the money with Martin
His turnovers in the middle of the ground set Port up
After watching the replay
Midfielders who don't get back to support the back line usually ends up in the defeat we had
It was like a tidal wave with a blowing Gale behind it

Reckon and I've said this many times our blokes just don't work hard enough when they don't have the ball. They refuse to gut run defensively. It's made worse when a tsunami hits like it did Sunday and have no leaders who don't seem to know what to do
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1978 on: September 09, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »
Richmond stank ten times as bad as Essendon.

Don't agree with that at all. 
We got belted by a rampant Port on their dungheap. It was always a chance to happen after nine wins in a row. We were out of petrol tickets. Port blitzed us from the start and I don't reckon any team would've stopped them the way they played. We did well to get it back to 50 odd points in the end.
 Essendon totally crapped the bed at home on a ground that North had only played on a handful of times in the past 5 years.
 Both losses were bad. My point was  , if you're a media critic and you're gonna rip into Richmond in the way that both those Essendon blokes did then you might want to have a little look in your own backyard at some point.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1979 on: September 09, 2014, 12:34:04 PM »
Dustin shouldn't have been moved out of the square. Clearly injured. Lets run him into the ground, its the Richmond way  ::)
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH