Author Topic: Grand final tickets - Cat. 2 and 3. Did you get tickets and if so for where?  (Read 15942 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
I have m56
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Got M7 Row A, right on fence :)

i sat in row A a few years ago and it was incredible, and if tigers win, it will be even better. Enjoy.

Im in Row H :thumbsup

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Unfortunately I have SFA.
I have PUNT ROAD with other 5,000 mad tiger supporters!!

Dougeytherichmondfan

I got a stuffen ticket after all!!!

My mates accounted was debited again later on last night and he was allocated 3 standing rooms for all of us. I can't believe it......

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

My mates accounted was debited again later on last night and he was allocated 3 standing rooms for all of us. I can't believe it......

I reckon you owe your mate a beer.

After all, he just saved you $15K :lol

dwaino

Congrats everyone! M20 here. Can't wait. Hope it's a good day.

Dougeytherichmondfan

I reckon you owe your mate a beer.

After all, he just saved you $15K :lol
I reckon there's one coming his way. It was my member barcode that got allocated though!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
SQ3/H/6 What does this mean?

SECTION Q3, row h maybe

i think we are Q33 row cc. is that the ponsford?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Southern stand M12 IIRC
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL Grand Final 2017 tickets:

Thousands of fans locked out as councillors enjoy corporate hospitality

Peter Rolfe, sports affairs reporter,
Herald Sun
September 26, 2017

RICHMOND fans who’ve waited 35 years for their team to make a Grand Final face the prospect of being locked out of Saturday’s MCG blockbuster.

But City of Melbourne councillors will enjoy some of the best seats in the house as they lap up corporate hospitality — regardless of whether they barrack for the Tigers.

The councillors have been offered tickets to the premium September Club marquee for the match where they will be wined and dined free of charge, thanks to the AFL.

With tens of thousands of Richmond and Adelaide fans missing out on seats despite shelling out for club memberships, the councillors have been urged to hand their tickets to diehard supporters.

Kevin Passmore, a Richmond member since 1994, scored a standing ticket for $150 in the club’s Grand Final ballot, but is desperately trying to find another for his “long-suffering Richmond wife’’.

He said councillors and corporates taking seats off legitimate fans was “ridiculous’’.

“It’s shocking and there will be a lot of disappointed and upset people out there,’’ he said.

“If I was a Melbourne councillor, I would be looking for a Richmond or Adelaide fan to give my ticket to, someone who deserves to be there.’’

City of Melbourne spokesman Brodie Bott said the tickets were “not gifted to the councillors’’ or logged in the council’s gift register.

“City of Melbourne councillors are often invited to attend functions and events including those held by organisations with formal sponsorship agreements with the City of Melbourne,’’ he said.

“As part of a longstanding sponsorship agreement with the AFL, the City of Melbourne receives an allocation of tickets to the Grand Final.’’
Members of the Tiger army will be left with heartache before the first bounce. Picture: Jake Nowakowski

With the AFL allocating just 17,000 seats to a Tiger army boasting more than 70,000 members, the vast ­majority of Richmond fans are being hit with heartache before the first bounce.

Fans have been warned against buying tickets from scalpers because they could be turned away from the ground despite paying hundreds of dollars above face value.

The Grand Final is the only AFL match deemed a “declared event’’, making it illegal for tickets to be sold above face value. But tickets for Saturday were yesterday advertised for up to $2000 each online.

Richmond will transform its Punt Rd Oval headquarters into a live site for the match from 11am-6pm. Fans have been urged to buy tickets — $20 for adults, $15 for concession and $10 for juniors — ­before it, too, sells out.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/melbourne-councillors-get-free-grand-final-tickets-as-richmond-fans-locked-out-of-final/news-story/76118b78800033b13688667687c293d2

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Been in line for 2 hours now to collect our tickets  :shh

Dougeytherichmondfan

When do you have to pick them up by?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
When do you have to pick them up by?

Can pick them up anytime between now and game day including at the mcg on saturday

No even bothering today

Will be picking up either tomorrow or Thursday
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Today was the only day I was free to collect that didn't interrupt my schedule so I was happy to wait.
The feeling I had once the chap handed me the tickets, knowing how long we've waited is just indescribable.
Finding it hard to concentrate at times

I T ' S   T I G E R   T I M E !  !  !  !