Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2024  (Read 2786 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond games 2024
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2024, 08:52:59 AM »
Put him in the big house and throw away the key

And as for Langford, cheers for the input champ .. how about keeping your mouth shut

Imagine the stresses in Finlayson’s private life ffs .. from all accounts he’s meant to be an absolute top bloke .. and he’s being treated like a monster for saying a derogatory word

Thank goodness there wasn’t microphones when I was opening the batting or fielding at second slip .. all hell would have broken loose

"it was a different time back then Damo" Now you're allowed take cocaine, cheat and bend over your mates mrs all at the same time...in the name of mental health of course.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2024, 01:06:29 PM »
3 weeks  :lol :lol :lol

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2024, 01:23:48 PM »
AFL making an example here

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2024, 01:41:03 PM »

AFL are a stuffing joke like most things these days

Really is very sad the way things are heading ..

Fancy three weeks for letting a word slip .. wonder if the player or Langford are actually (insert politically correct word for a man that likes other men)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2024, 01:43:23 PM »

AFL are a stuffing joke like most things these days

Really is very sad the way things are heading ..

Fancy three weeks for letting a word slip .. wonder if the player or Langford are actually (insert politically correct word for a man that likes other men)

Spot on mate, world is stuffed.

Fair chance to your last point.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2024, 02:02:12 PM »
No suspension for Clarko who has a long record of abusive behaviour but 3 weeks for the exact same thing for a player who has never been cited for anything like it before.

Amazing.

We need to applaud how strong and brave the AFL are
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2024, 02:06:49 PM »
No suspension for Clarko who has a long record of abusive behaviour but 3 weeks for the exact same thing for a player who has never been cited for anything like it before.

Amazing.

We need to applaud how strong and brave the AFL are

with a terminal wife who also apologized straight away.

if you wonder why dusty hates talking to any of these dogs, well here is your answer.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2024, 02:35:31 PM »
You're correct Frankie The Age in their report about Finlayson's 3 match suspension says he used the word and I'm posting it as it appears in their report "F----t"

I am not condoning what he said but the bloke has been hung out to dry here by the AFL

Clarke got away with his comments...

They've set their precedent now, so the next player who vilifies anyone on the field should be handed at least 6 weeks if not a half season.

But I'm sure the next time they will make it up as they go

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2024, 02:57:27 PM »
I don't condone it myself but generally feel that whatever is said on the field should stay there and the players can sort it between themselves.

If an oppo vilifies your mate, try to take him out legally or cop a suspension.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2024, 03:27:34 PM »
The AFL organisation is a complete pooshow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2024, 12:45:24 AM »
AFLPA angry as gap between sanctions for Finlayson, Clarkson explained

The AFL Players’ Association has reacted angrily over Port Adelaide forward Jeremy Finlayson’s three-week suspension.

Will Faulkner and Max Laughton
April 11, 2024

“We believe the AFL is consistently inconsistent and there are double standards in its approach to dealing with players compared to others on behavioural matters,” AFLPA boss Paul Marsh said in a statement.

“This issue highlights the lack of clarity on how the AFL handles these situations and we want this to be the catalyst for an urgent review of the sanctioning framework.

“If this type of conduct is a three-week sanction for a player, it should be for everyone involved in the game and this should be clear to everyone in the industry upfront rather than the open-ended approach that is currently in place.”

The Herald Sun’s Lauren Wood, speaking on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle, explained what the AFL saw as the difference between the Clarkson and Finlayson slurs.

“First things first is the actual slur that was used, the actual word. Clarkson’s was probably not considered by those who were investigating to be as openly homophobic, whereas Finlayson’s was incredibly pointed, incredibly cutting, total no-go zone,” she said.

“Then they looked at the provocation. Finlayson was basically unprovoked, Clarkson’s situation, the environment was highly charged, he had St Kilda players coming at him (after the Jimmy Webster bump), he was going back at them.”

But she added, suggesting the league regretted not suspending Clarkson: “It’s safe to say at the moment the differences wouldn’t be as vast if the AFL had its time again.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/aflpa-angry-as-gap-between-sanctions-for-finlayson-clarkson-explained/news-story/07bf82ed481d721712f32c0f87adebd5?from=rss-basic

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2024, 08:36:21 AM »
“First things first is the actual slur that was used, the actual word. Clarkson’s was probably not considered by those who were investigating to be as openly homophobic, whereas Finlayson’s was incredibly pointed, incredibly cutting, total no-go zone,” she said.

“Then they looked at the provocation. Finlayson was basically unprovoked, Clarkson’s situation, the environment was highly charged, he had St Kilda players coming at him (after the Jimmy Webster bump), he was going back at them.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/aflpa-angry-as-gap-between-sanctions-for-finlayson-clarkson-explained/news-story/07bf82ed481d721712f32c0f87adebd5?from=rss-basic

What a load of self serving justification tripe

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2024, 09:11:52 AM »

What a load of self serving justification tripe

Ah the old "this word is slightly worse than the other and the guy with the record of abuse used the other word so let's throw the book at the decent bloke because it wasn't an emotionally charged situation" yes that old chestnut.

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2024, 09:41:20 AM »
I heard Finlayson was being abused before he retaliated?

Clarkson has a clear history of going on the attack. Finlayson simply doesn't.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2024, 11:03:12 AM »
I heard Finlayson was being abused before he retaliated?

Clarkson has a clear history of going on the attack. Finlayson simply doesn't.

Yep
Let’s make an example of the remorseful good bloke

Slap on the wrist for the grub with history