Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465573 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #540 on: July 05, 2010, 04:42:52 PM »
Need a couple of more slides in your avatar wayne for Jack's latest two grabs  ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: July 05, 2010, 05:25:06 PM »

probably not ... but Ill start running the "Hardwick has made Riewoldt a Champion" line to get through it lol.

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #542 on: July 05, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
Jack’s sizzling seven-game streak
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
7:14 PM Mon 05 July, 2010

Jack Riewoldt is in the midst of the hottest individual goalkicking streak seen in AFL football since 2001.

Richmond’s young gun spearhead has kicked 38 goals in the past seven rounds, taking his season’s tally to 53 and putting him five ahead of his nearest rival (Barry Hall) in the race for the Coleman Medal, as the competition’s leading goalkicker.

Essendon’s 12-time leading goalkicker, Matthew Lloyd, was the last league player to score more goals over a consecutive seven-match period.  Lloyd kicked a total of 39 goals in Rounds 12-18 of the 2001 season, finishing with 105 for the year.

In Tigerland history, you have to go all the way back to 1984 to find the last time a player had a more prolific goalscoring sequence over seven successive weeks than what Riewoldt has achieved.

Brian Taylor booted 41 goals in Rounds 6-12 of the 1984 season, on his way to a final total of 61 (in 16 games) for the year.

Here is a snapshot of Riewoldt’s goalkicking spree over the past seven games . . .

Round 8 v Hawthorn:  4 goals
Round 9 v Essendon:  6 goals
Round 10 v Port Adelaide:  4 goals
Round 11 v St Kilda:  6 goals
Round 12 v West Coast:  10 goals
Round 13 v Brisbane:  3 goals
Round 14 v Sydney:  5 goals

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/97572/default.aspx

Tigermonk

« Reply #543 on: July 05, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »
might have to get my old #8 jumper out  ;D l'm starting to like Rewoldt  :lol

Pathetic. Instead of jumping on the bandwagon you can get out and push.

Popelord keep it up & your world will come crushing down on you
stop being a effwit ok,  l'm tired of you effing poofta

"Popelord keep it up & your world will come crushing down on you" What are you 5 years old? Lol.

Mate you've bashed Riewoldt from pillar to post all year, you don't get to enjoy his success. Go and support one of the other 7 clubs you buy membership for. Your a junk bandwagon supporter.

been a member of Richmond probably longer than you been born  ;D
l said,  if you can read properly,  We needed a Forward / Ruckman which is why l prefered Butcher, who last time l spoke to him had a back injury. He was drafted into the AFL so tell me whats bad about him.
Comparing Butcher & Martin as who is better than who   :rollin shows you know knowing about football cause they play 2 totally different roles hahaha so you cant compare them.
Did you mention Martin in any of your posts mid year 2009 if you know his such a great footballer we should draft him  ;D l dont think so  :rollin You are a forum troll who scrounges through peoples posts on all sites just to get on the board. You are a paper team dreamer like Bentleigh.

At least l can afford to buy those memberships haha, are you jealous. l support football in a wide range. But l'm a very loyal Richmond supporter. if you want to tell me any different then we must meet & you can say it to my face ok.

Now Listen l will remind you of something  ;D You said your never going back to watch another game after you & your mates supposed went to Adelaide.  :lol To be a good liar your must have a good memory  ;D Maybe you never remember what you say cause you are a porky teller & a bit too much at that. Now who is on the bandwagon  ;D You were bagging Richmond just like all of us at that stage but what l say about them is exactly what is happening at that moment.  

When Rewoldt puts a few years together of kicking goals if thats his role.  Only then l will call him a very good footballer.  Until then his just a sooky Rewoldt being fed who has a few tricks  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #544 on: July 05, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »
1 other thing Popelord, you were laughing at me about Tuck. Very good footballer is Tuck. Very consistant & when his playing well so is Richmond. Remember l said that  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #545 on: July 06, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
You wanted to draft butcher ahead of Martin and this makes me "paper dream pusher" ?

You are a strange one.

JR8

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #546 on: July 06, 2010, 04:03:15 AM »
Riewoldts long on truth
The Age
July 6, 2010

WE WILL let the careers of Nick and Jack Riewoldt come to an end before casting judgment on who is the better player, but Jack has cleared up confusion about which of the famous footballing cousins is the taller.

According to the AFL Record, Jack is 195 centimetres and Nick is 193, even though the Saint appears taller.

On Channel Seven's Sunday Football, Matthew Richardson quizzed Jack on the numbers. ''I might have told a bit of a fib in the AFL Record,'' Jack said. ''I might have added a couple of kilos and maybe one centimetre. I'm 194 centimetres and 93 kilos.''

Fudging the numbers could be a family trait. ''I reckon he [Nick] might be playing down how tall he is,'' Jack said. ''I think he's pretty similar as well. He's a bit bigger than me, but in height we're on par.''

Let's hope someone gets out the tape measure if Jack's younger brother Charlie Riewoldt makes the league.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/watson-joins-long-list-of-footy-fashion-faux-pas-20100705-zxkw.html

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: July 06, 2010, 06:14:18 AM »
Riewoldts long on truth
The Age
July 6, 2010

WE WILL let the careers of Nick and Jack Riewoldt come to an end before casting judgment on who is the better player, but Jack has cleared up confusion about which of the famous footballing cousins is the taller.

According to the AFL Record, Jack is 195 centimetres and Nick is 193, even though the Saint appears taller.

On Channel Seven's Sunday Football, Matthew Richardson quizzed Jack on the numbers. ''I might have told a bit of a fib in the AFL Record,'' Jack said. ''I might have added a couple of kilos and maybe one centimetre. I'm 194 centimetres and 93 kilos.''

Fudging the numbers could be a family trait. ''I reckon he [Nick] might be playing down how tall he is,'' Jack said. ''I think he's pretty similar as well. He's a bit bigger than me, but in height we're on par.''

Let's hope someone gets out the tape measure if Jack's younger brother Charlie Riewoldt makes the league.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/watson-joins-long-list-of-footy-fashion-faux-pas-20100705-zxkw.html
Why do we have to compare who is a better player? I couldnt care if Nick is 10 times better as long Jack helps us win on a consistent basis!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #548 on: July 06, 2010, 10:18:20 AM »
When I saw them standing together I thought Jack was a cm or 2 taller, coulda been his hair..lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Tigermonk

« Reply #549 on: July 06, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »
You wanted to draft butcher ahead of Martin and this makes me "paper dream pusher" ?

You are a strange one.

JR8

centre road paperboy

Tigermonk

« Reply #550 on: July 06, 2010, 11:59:54 AM »
When I saw them standing together I thought Jack was a cm or 2 taller, coulda been his hair..lol

depends if the cameraman is a dwarf  ;D

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #551 on: July 06, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »
Monk I'll keep it simple.

Martin was a star junior and I was 100% in support to draft him, as was probably 90% of the forum. I don't need to find evidence it's all the way through the threads on countless occasions. Butcher was injured and had a terrible kicking style. His 1 goal and 8 behinds in his GF simple confirmed he wasn't a top 3 pick. There is nothing wrong with him getting drafted but I'm glad you weren't in charge of the recruiting department because if we had an injured Butcher with kicking problems on our list instead of Martin, the place could have self destructed by now.

Thats great for you that you can afford multiple membership across multiple clubs. A perfect example of someone having more money than sense.

Have no memory of you going on about Tuck, in fact I think everyone was supporting Tuck to comeback. If you have got one right out of 100 then congrats. You wont find me saying anything bad about Tuck. I don't bash our players like you do.

On a personal level I don't need to convince myself I'm better than someone on a forum lol, you validate it for me every time you post and embarrass yourself. Keep the insults coming old man.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #552 on: July 06, 2010, 12:59:58 PM »
Monk I'll keep it simple.

Martin was a star junior and I was 100% in support to draft him, as was probably 90% of the forum. I don't need to find evidence it's all the way through the threads on countless occasions. Butcher was injured and had a terrible kicking style. His 1 goal and 8 behinds in his GF simple confirmed he wasn't a top 3 pick. There is nothing wrong with him getting drafted but I'm glad you weren't in charge of the recruiting department because if we had an injured Butcher with kicking problems on our list instead of Martin, the place could have self destructed by now.

Thats great for you that you can afford multiple membership across multiple clubs. A perfect example of someone having more money than sense.

Have no memory of you going on about Tuck, in fact I think everyone was supporting Tuck to comeback. If you have got one right out of 100 then congrats. You wont find me saying anything bad about Tuck. I don't bash our players like you do.

On a personal level I don't need to convince myself I'm better than someone on a forum lol, you validate it for me every time you post and embarrass yourself. Keep the insults coming old man.

A simple reply from a forum troll  :rollin

Let me tell you FACT about Butcher's Grand Final game. firstly l was there & witnessed it, The ground was belted with winds so bad that every player on the ground had problems that day so that just beat up your little football knowledge & bagging of Butcher.  :rollin just getting the ball for a big player as much as he did that day was a excellent effort. On a good day that would have been 9 goals cause he was on fire. He also had a back injury playing that day  :lol

every ground in the Gippsland that day was belted with gale force winds  :rollin & your bagging a player for 1G 8B  :rollin
premiership favorites had shock defeats  :rollin Mr Football

Now Martin was the perfect choice when getting talent & is one of the better 1st year drafts l seen at top level & good on the lad l never disputed his talent.  My prefered choice of draft was a taller player player to possibly fill 1 of 3 positions  ;D

But you mouth never mentioned Martin till the media mentioned him cause you aint got a clue & you already proved that cause you always avoid my points  :rollin

l answered all your points  ;D but you who say your connected with Eastern Ranges ah ah rubbish  :rollin l enjoy your posts Popelord.
becareful Popelord cause  ;D l never show all my cards up front & have some surprised up my sleeve for you ;D

did you enjoy your Adelaide trip with ya mates

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #553 on: July 06, 2010, 01:52:44 PM »
Let me tell you FACT about Butcher's Grand Final game. firstly l was there & witnessed it, The ground was belted with winds so bad that every player on the ground had problems that day so that just beat up your little football knowledge & bagging of Butcher.  :rollin just getting the ball for a big player as much as he did that day was a excellent effort. On a good day that would have been 9 goals cause he was on fire. He also had a back injury playing that day  :lol
enjoy your Adelaide trip with ya mates
That doesn't explain the rest of his games with terrible conversion rates, nor does it explain the terrible ball drop and kicking action.

Tigermonk

« Reply #554 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »
enjoy your Adelaide trip with ya mates
That doesn't explain the rest of his games with terrible conversion rates, nor does it explain the terrible ball drop and kicking action.

Infamy show me where your getting your facts from that prove what you just said
dont just give me one game where every footballer has a bad day