Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465897 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #720 on: August 28, 2010, 11:50:37 PM »
Baha and here I was trying to be nice..

But if you're going to be like that I think there is some room left on the bandwagon down the back somewhere..
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #721 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:33 PM »

But if you're going to be like that I think there is some room left on the bandwagon down the back somewhere..

l got no time for suckass people like you, Dont be nice to me cause l dont like you period

Ox

« Reply #722 on: August 28, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »
lmao

I like u TM :scream

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #723 on: August 28, 2010, 11:57:38 PM »

l got no time for suckass people like you, Dont be nice to me cause l dont like you period

Haha thats about the softest thing I've ever heard lol... Glad to read some positives things from you for a change, chicken heart..
Go Tigers!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #724 on: August 29, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »
I love this site. :thumbsup

:lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #725 on: August 29, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »

I'm stumped, Who's period?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #726 on: August 29, 2010, 11:40:17 AM »
 :clapping Well done JR8 - I would of been nervous but can relax now - Ahhh stuff it 39 +  :gotigers

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #727 on: August 29, 2010, 12:00:24 PM »
An outstanding turn up for the books and a game in hand
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #728 on: August 29, 2010, 01:06:12 PM »
JR8

:cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #729 on: August 29, 2010, 08:40:03 PM »
JR8

Hope he has more substance and longevity to his period at the top than that other spineless flop with a similar moniker!  :help

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #730 on: August 30, 2010, 12:20:01 AM »
All Jack Riewoldt wants is a flag

* Jon Ralph
    * August 29, 2010 8:30PM

COLEMAN medallist Jack Riewoldt says individual awards will mean nothing to him if he finishes his career without premiership success.

Riewoldt kicked three goals in Richmond's Round 22 loss to finish on 78 for the year, five clear of Bulldog Barry Hall.

It was a breakout year in every way for Riewoldt, but after another bottom-two finish for the Tigers, he is clearly far from satisfied.

Instead of basking in the glow of one of the league's most coveted awards, he was frustrated to let down departing teammate Ben Cousins.

"It was disappointing. It's the only word to sum it up. It was disappointing we couldn't send one of the greatest players ever to play football out on a high note," he said.

Riewoldt said the example of Richmond assistant coach Justin Leppitsch showed individual awards were quickly forgotten.

"It's a team sport, so the Brownlow and the Coleman and the MVP, those awards are great for players to win, but it's the guys who look back on premierships, I reckon. Justin Leppitsch won three premierships and no one knows if he won any individual awards.

"The bigger picture for us is premiership success. If we can get individual awards that's a bonus, but it's the last thing we are thinking about."

Riewoldt said the nucleus of Richmond's next premiership side was on the ground yesterday.

"It just shows that we can play good footy, but we are right at the bottom still," he said.

"If we can build on this and eradicate sections in our games where we have lapses, the world is our oyster."

Richmond's young players will return to the club in late October to begin pre-season training, and Riewoldt says they are hungry to improve."We have six to eight weeks and after that we will go back in and start running around again and hit the gym," he said.

"We have a great young group of players and they train hard, especially the young crop from this year. We know where we are at - 15th - and we know it's going to take a lot of hard work, but it's a sacrifice we are prepared to make."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/all-jack-riewoldt-wants-is-a-flag/story-e6frf9jf-1225911588253

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #731 on: September 01, 2010, 02:09:24 AM »
The Club now has out Jack Riewoldt memorabilia to celebrate his Coleman Medal  ...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/portals/63/richmond_shop.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #732 on: September 01, 2010, 12:27:09 PM »
Well done to Jack.  I've been very critical of him in the past but he's pulled his head in and let his football do the talking, so I now eat my words. :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #733 on: September 02, 2010, 02:57:30 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #734 on: September 03, 2010, 01:57:38 AM »
Riewoldt win caps off fine season
Denis Bicer
September 3, 2010

COLEMAN medallist Jack Riewoldt credits Ben Cousins's guidance for his breakout season after he added another trophy to the cabinet - a Jack Dyer Medal for Richmond's best and fairest player.

The enigmatic forward, a cousin of St Kilda captain Nick, said Cousins had supported him and helped him become more team oriented.

''I suppose the big one is Ben Cousins, at the start of the year and what he had to say about goal celebrations, I thank Ben tremendously for doing that, he has helped me become more of a team player,'' Riewoldt said.

The young forward was ranked first in his club for tackles inside 50 (35) and score assists (15) this season and said he worked harder to bring his teammates into the game.

''This year I've tried to focus on pressure inside 50 and try to set up scoring opportunities for my teammates,'' he said.

Captain Chris Newman and Riewoldt were neck and neck for most of the night and it wasn't until the latter stages of the count that the full-forward gave himself a chance.

''I thought I had a fairly good year but I backed the skipper in the whole way … I was not nervous until around round 19 [of the count] and then I started shaking and didn't know what to do.

''When everyone stood up and started applauding I was a bit embarrassed, I didn't know how to accept it,'' Riewoldt said.

The 21-year-old becomes only the third key forward in 40 years, including Matthew Richardson and Royce Hart, to win the best and fairest award.

''Just to have my name up against guys like that is a great honour and something I'm treasuring still and will for the rest of my life,'' he said.

Riewoldt could add another accolade to the list on Monday week when the All-Australian team is named.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/riewoldt-win-caps-off-fine-season-20100902-14rmo.html