Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465573 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1290 on: May 08, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »
Form slump not injury, says Tiger Riewoldt
May 8, 2012 - 3:39PM

Richmond key forward Jack Riewoldt denies he has been injured and thanked coach Damien Hardwick for some tough love during his form slump.

After a lean start to the season, Riewoldt showed better signs when he kicked four goals in Sunday's much-needed win over Port Adelaide.

There was speculation that Riewoldt had been carrying an injury, but the 2010 Coleman Medallist said his problems were all due to mindset.

"I thought I was going to walk back in and start playing really good footy ... but it's been a bit of a solid slog," he said.

"It really comes down to me, it's about the tackling, it's about the little one percenters and leading the forward line, which I thought I did reasonably well on the weekend.

"It's been widely speculated that I'm struggling with injuries at the moment, but I'm fighting fit.

"It's just a bit of a form slump."

Riewoldt said he appreciated Hardwick's no-nonsense attitude to his early-season form, saying he knew exactly where he stood with the Tigers coach.

"You don't want the senior coach peeing in your pocket, telling you 'aw, things are going all right, you'll turn it around' and all that sort of stuff," he said.

"You want honest feedback.

"If you want to be a good player in the AFL, then you've got to be ready to hear that sort of stuff and willing to act on it, too."

Fellow key forward Ty Vickery has also struggled for form as the Tigers have started the season with two wins from six games. But they nearly pulled off upsets against Geelong and West Coast before winning against the Power.

"One thing that's been positive for us is we've been able to be in games and our forward (line) hasn't really been functioning as well," Riewoldt said.

"It started clicking a bit better on the weekend - Brad Miller was sensational with his role on (Troy) Chaplin."

Riewoldt is pleased with the Tigers' improvement, but said they will face a massive test on Saturday against Sydney at the MCG.

The Swans will be without star forward Adam Goodes, who is out for six weeks with a leg injury.

But unlike North Melbourne coach Brad Scott, who was openly delighted last month when Goodes was suspended for their match, Riewoldt said he was more worried about the Swans talent that will play against the Tigers.

"He's a great player and obviously a dual Brownlow medallist ... but they have stars left, right and centre," Riewoldt said.

"(Luke) Parker is one kid who's really impressed me, 'Joey' Kennedy - he's nearly been the form player of the competition this year.

"So we're focussing on who they have out there, not who they haven't."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/form-slump-not-injury-says-tiger-riewoldt-20120508-1yahq.html#ixzz1uGWypSQ5

Tigermonk

« Reply #1291 on: May 08, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »
Cleve Hughes got less chances then this bloke

John Butcher is the new Cleve Hughes.

All I seen him doing was loping around in circles and when he gets a shot at goal from five metres out he misses everything.............dud

yeah Butcher missed a easy shot in heavy rain & wind just like The Coleman Medallist kicks them out on the full every game & misses easy shots on good days. l would back Butcher in front of goals with 20 shots each, than fancy Jack who berates at his own players  ;D  :rollin

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1292 on: May 08, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »

All I seen him doing was loping around in circles and when he gets a shot at goal from five metres out he misses everything.............dud

yeah Butcher missed a easy shot in heavy rain & wind just like The Coleman Medallist kicks them out on the full every game & misses easy shots on good days. l would back Butcher in front of goals with 20 shots each, than fancy Jack who berates at his own players  ;D  :rollin

And that's why your an internet nuffer and not a coach.

Butcher over Jack. Nice one!   :lol

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1293 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
Form slump not injury, says Tiger Riewoldt
May 8, 2012 - 3:39PM

Richmond key forward Jack Riewoldt denies he has been injured and thanked coach Damien Hardwick for some tough love during his form slump.

After a lean start to the season, Riewoldt showed better signs when he kicked four goals in Sunday's much-needed win over Port Adelaide.

There was speculation that Riewoldt had been carrying an injury, but the 2010 Coleman Medallist said his problems were all due to mindset.

"I thought I was going to walk back in and start playing really good footy ... but it's been a bit of a solid slog," he said.

"It really comes down to me, it's about the tackling, it's about the little one percenters and leading the forward line, which I thought I did reasonably well on the weekend.

"It's been widely speculated that I'm struggling with injuries at the moment, but I'm fighting fit.

"It's just a bit of a form slump."

Riewoldt said he appreciated Hardwick's no-nonsense attitude to his early-season form, saying he knew exactly where he stood with the Tigers coach.

"You don't want the senior coach peeing in your pocket, telling you 'aw, things are going all right, you'll turn it around' and all that sort of stuff," he said.

"You want honest feedback.

"If you want to be a good player in the AFL, then you've got to be ready to hear that sort of stuff and willing to act on it, too."

Fellow key forward Ty Vickery has also struggled for form as the Tigers have started the season with two wins from six games. But they nearly pulled off upsets against Geelong and West Coast before winning against the Power.

"One thing that's been positive for us is we've been able to be in games and our forward (line) hasn't really been functioning as well," Riewoldt said.

"It started clicking a bit better on the weekend - Brad Miller was sensational with his role on (Troy) Chaplin."

Riewoldt is pleased with the Tigers' improvement, but said they will face a massive test on Saturday against Sydney at the MCG.

The Swans will be without star forward Adam Goodes, who is out for six weeks with a leg injury.

But unlike North Melbourne coach Brad Scott, who was openly delighted last month when Goodes was suspended for their match, Riewoldt said he was more worried about the Swans talent that will play against the Tigers.

"He's a great player and obviously a dual Brownlow medallist ... but they have stars left, right and centre," Riewoldt said.

"(Luke) Parker is one kid who's really impressed me, 'Joey' Kennedy - he's nearly been the form player of the competition this year.

"So we're focussing on who they have out there, not who they haven't."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/form-slump-not-injury-says-tiger-riewoldt-20120508-1yahq.html#ixzz1uGWypSQ5

PMSL... :lol

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1294 on: May 08, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
butcher is an overrated lazy poo, not jacks ahole.  jack is jack and is a champ

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1295 on: May 09, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »

this is classic PMSL.  :clapping

Tigermonk

« Reply #1296 on: May 09, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »

And that's why your an internet nuffer and not a coach.

Butcher over Jack. Nice one!   :lol

yeah l have to hang this up on the board at the club tomorrow night, everyone will have a good laugh at Willy ;D

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1297 on: May 09, 2012, 10:00:01 PM »
Oh yes, i'm sure all the fellas at 'the club' will be very impressed with your internet forum gags.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1298 on: May 09, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »
Oh yes, i'm sure all the fellas at 'the club' will be very impressed with your internet forum gags.

l'm sure a few on here are already  :rollin

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1299 on: May 09, 2012, 10:27:05 PM »
Eating our own again.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1300 on: May 09, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »
thats why that part of Australia broke off the mainland.  ;D

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1301 on: May 10, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
thats why that part of Australia broke off the mainland.  ;D

Let's not forget it was the peoples of "That part of Australia" that founded Melbourne ;) ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1302 on: May 13, 2012, 03:33:23 AM »
Jack Riewoldt just starting to get warm

Glenn McFarlane
    May 13, 2012

JACK Riewoldt is still a fair way short of his best, but he is slowly clicking into gear after a slower than expected start to the season.

Richmond scored back-to-back wins with last night's 29-point win over Sydney, and it was also back-to-back four-goal performances from Riewoldt.

And there's more upside, as the Tigers' spearhead still has plenty of room for improvement ahead of a crunch month in which Richmond takes on Essendon in the Dreamtime Game at the MCG ahead of other key games against Hawthorn and St Kilda.

Riewoldt admitted during the week that he had been slow to run into form this season, and acknowledged that coach Damien Hardwick had had some serious discussions with him.

But although he isn't getting his hands on the ball too often, he is making the most of those opportunities, even if his form has been spasmodic.

Again he had less than 10 possessions last night, but he still got on the scoreboard.

Riewoldt booted the opening goal to give his team the perfect introduction as the Swans had controlled the early ball in the first two minutes. That set the scene for a dominant Tigers opening quarter that effectively won them the match.

And he followed it up with another at the 19-minute mark of the first term as the Swans were kept goalless in that quarter.

He wasn't as effective through the middle stages of the game, but his teammates kept the pressure up. Then Riewoldt bobbed up with two more goals in the last term, to help stop a threatened Sydney comeback.

Hardwick knows that Jack can do more to get himself into the game. But when he is kicking four goals, and the team is winning, that's enough for now.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/jack-riewoldt-just-starting-to-get-warm/story-e6frf9jf-1226353814772

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1303 on: May 13, 2012, 01:52:36 PM »
Jack sets scene
The Mercury
May 13, 2012

JACK Riewoldt is still a fair way short of his best but the Tasmanian is slowly clicking into gear after a slower-than-expected start to the season.

Richmond scored back-to-back wins with last night's defeat of Sydney and it was also consecutive four-goal performances from Riewoldt.

The Tigers spearhead has room for improvement ahead of a crunch month in which Richmond takes on Essendon, Hawthorn and St Kilda.

Riewoldt admitted during the week that he had been slow to run into form this season, and acknowledged coach Damien Hardwick had had some serious discussions with him.

But although he is not getting his hands on the ball too often, he is making the most of those opportunities.

Again he had fewer than 10 possessions last night but still got on the scoreboard early, booting the opening goal.

That set the scene for a dominant Tigers opening quarter that effectively won them the match, and he followed it with another late in the first.

Then Riewoldt bobbed up with two more goals in the last term to help stop a threatened Sydney comeback.

Hardwick knows his star forward can do more. But when he is kicking four goals, and the team is winning, that's enough for now.

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/05/13/327911_afl.html

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1304 on: May 13, 2012, 02:00:39 PM »
Reckon I saw that Jack had an ice pack on the inside of his thigh while he was interviewing Conca for the club video.  If he's not carrying an injury, it must have been an exciting interview.