Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 466004 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1500 on: July 08, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »
Some on TFS namely Lloyd, Barrett, Lyon, Brayshaw, Billy think they are bigger than the game. ::)

Regardless from them the Richmond bashing will continue despite the holes their respective clubs are bar Geelong who are at the back end of a golden era.

TFS will mow us down every time with those hacks regardless of what success we have.

RFC should ban the players from appearing on the skata show.

Given our game against Nought in a few weeks is on a Sunday arvo and we never win when one of our boys goes on there on the Thursday night I guarantee Lids or Jack to be on that Thursday night before the game. :help

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1501 on: July 09, 2012, 04:33:08 AM »
Lloyd bags Jack Riewoldt's body language

Alyssa Allen
    July 09, 2012

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt has come under fire again for poor body language after the Tigers' victory over Melbourne.

Former Essendon star Matthew Lloyd said he was concerned with Riewoldt's attitude.

"James Frawley is a frustrating player to play on, he's a really good stopper, but I just felt Jack Riewoldt yesterday ... he seems to be petulant at times and can sulk throughout a game,'' Lloyd said on Channel Nine.

Lloyd criticised the forward for demanding a free kick from the umpire in the last quarter while the ball was in play, which resulted in a free against Riewoldt for holding the ball.

"He complained and I just thought he needs to be better than that because it has happened for the last couple of years,'' Lloyd said.

"He is great, the way he sings the song after the game, he's enthusiastic, but I think he needs to cut that out.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/lloyd-bags-jack-riewoldts-body-language/story-e6frf9jf-1226420310112
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:26:10 AM by WilliamPowell »

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1502 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:04 AM »
[b]Lloyd bags Jack Riewoldt's body language[/b]

Alyssa Allen
    July 09, 2012

Lloyd criticised the forward for demanding a free kick from the umpire in the last quarter while the ball was in play, which resulted in a free against Riewoldt for holding the ball.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/lloyd-bags-jack-riewoldts-body-language/story-e6frf9jf-1226420310112

Fair enough, BUT, speaking of demanding a free kick, who was the champion diver on the field every time they lead for the ball?

gerkin greg

« Reply #1503 on: July 09, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
Lloyd seems chipper. Did Essendon get a win on the weekend?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1504 on: July 09, 2012, 10:57:37 AM »
Stfu Lloyd.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #1505 on: July 09, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
agree with greg louganis that jacks body language is poor at times.
frawley has beaten jack pretty easy most times we play them. but i reckon this time around jack had a decent game despite only kicking one goal.
 lloyd has picked the wrong time to have a go.
i wonder if he kicked say 4 . 2 instead of 1 . 5 would lloyd have said a thing.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1506 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:33 PM »
yeah, jacks body language has been poor at times, but i didnt think he got the sulks on the weekend, even when he missed easy goals and the umpires ignored his pleas for free kicks that werent there.

lloyd is just a cretin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1507 on: July 09, 2012, 01:05:05 PM »
lloyd is just a cretin

Don't mind him as a commentator. Just calls it as he sees it.
Has been very complimentary of jack on many occassions.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1508 on: July 15, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »
Forward thinking
Matt Murnane
The Age
July 15, 2012

IT WAS on the eve of the season and On The Couch - or at least in the chair next to the couch - that Gerard Healy made his big prediction. The Foxtel host had identified a group of six key forwards, all under the age of 23, and forecast that the rate of their development would run parallel with the fortunes of their clubs.

For Sydney, Essendon, Richmond, Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs it would be up to these youngsters to take the ''next step'' if their clubs were to play finals in an open season.

The Brownlow medallist said young stars Sam Reid, Michael Hurley, Jack Riewoldt, Liam Jones and Taylor Walker would be vital. For Port Adelaide, the question was, could John Butcher help bring the Power back from the brink of irrelevance?

''It was always going to be one of those years,'' Healy told The Sunday Age last week. ''But it just seemed to me that the side that developed the most through the year, and there is still a long way to go, could well jump up and be the surprise winner.
Advertisement

''And part of that is which one of these key blokes is going to be, at the end of the year, the one who has developed the most. I thought it would be a significant part of the whole recipe.''

So far, Healy's prediction has held up. To a large extent, the seasons of the key forwards in question have provided an appropriate narrative for their team's performance ...

The jury is out on Richmond and whether it is a true finals contender. Broadly speaking, inconsistency has been the issue for the Tigers.

They've been almost there.

So has Riewoldt. On Healy's estimation, Riewoldt's 39 goals from 14 games - second in the AFL - amounts to an average season, considering he is at ''All-Australian standard''.

''But it's been a bit difficult for him because they haven't been able to give him much support with a second tall,'' Healy added.

Like the Tigers, Jumping Jack has looked dynamic, booting three bags of four, as well as a six and an eight. But in other matches, he has been shut down, or faded in and out. The jury is out on his season, too.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/forward-thinking-20120714-2239t.html#ixzz20fuNrKzr

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1509 on: July 19, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »
AUDIO: Jack Riewoldt was on SEN yesterday arvo .... [7.11 mins]

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Jack-Riewoldt/5265

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1510 on: July 23, 2012, 01:22:22 PM »
On Sundays game against North and comments about Jack
1. When he wrestled and was flat footed he was hopeless
2. He crashed 3 packs + and spoiled our own players from grabbing the ball
3. When he lead for the ball he looked good and got some shots at goal
a) Is the quality of delivery to him pinpointed here?
4. He got 2 good pounce tackles, one for a free kick and one was nothing according to the umpires, but his defensive attributes were pretty poor
and the most glaring problem
When North were kicking out of defence from their goal square they created an overlap at least 6 times. FFS it looked like a training run.
Our players were caught having to attack a player and cover a player. In each instance the overlap started at the kick in, Jack was standing 5 metres off his man, couldn't contest the ball and because the North player took off our next RFC player had to cover his man or attack the oncoming player. It was shocking football for us and North exploited it to their advantage. If Jack had covered his man at the start this would not have happened and the way North repeated the play I think they had worked out that Jack is not worth much out of defence when he is meant to mark someone and they used it as a standard play.
Conclusion: Opposition sides have worked out one of our key players very well and exploit his weakness to their advantage.

Comments?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1511 on: July 23, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »
I thought as soon as the arm goes around the body it's a free or is that rule only for Rance  :banghead

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1512 on: July 23, 2012, 01:34:55 PM »
4. He got 2 good pounce tackles, one for a free kick and one was nothing according to the umpires, but his defensive attributes were pretty poor
When North were kicking out of defence from their goal square they created an overlap at least 6 times. FFS it looked like a training run.
Our players were caught having to attack a player and cover a player. In each instance the overlap started at the kick in, Jack was standing 5 metres off his man, couldn't contest the ball and because the North player took off our next RFC player had to cover his man or attack the oncoming player. It was shocking football for us and North exploited it to their advantage. If Jack had covered his man at the start this would not have happened and the way North repeated the play I think they had worked out that Jack is not worth much out of defence when he is meant to mark someone and they used it as a standard play.

Conclusion: Opposition sides have worked out one of our key players very well and exploit his weakness to their advantage.

Comments?
that had me pulling my hair out!..Players down the line had no choice and no hope, you would think after the first couple of times Hardwick could have sent out a message   :banghead

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1513 on: July 23, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »

Comments?
that had me pulling my hair out!..Players down the line had no choice and no hope, you would think after the first couple of times Hardwick could have sent out a message   :banghead
Sitting where I was it was so obvious, they exploited us time and again, I am with you there, wouldn't someone twig to that style of play in the coaches box??

PS I wondered whose all that hair was!!

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1514 on: July 23, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »
Thought he was good with little to no support. Also thought he should have been given at least 5 free kicks (countless times he was being held while trying to contest the ball). Having said that, his defensive efforts weren't the best, but by no means were they the worst. Think he actually isn't too bad in that aspect, but did look a little off later in the game.