Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 465897 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2970 on: August 10, 2016, 01:06:21 PM »
Riewoldt also answered to the speculation, brushing off Maclure’s suggestion he should leave the Tigers at the end of the season.

“I don’t know about that,” he said.

“He just tries to bait Richmond every week with something like that. He’s an astute football judge, Mark, so I’ll leave that to him.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jordan-lewis-tells-afl-360-players-are-within-their-rights-to-use-free-agency-to-search-for-success/news-story/23be472b0c2501257ef8564764a6cd50

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2971 on: November 04, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
Jack Riewoldt joined Adam and Scott to discuss all things in sport over the last week inlcuding racing, the life of a footballer in the off season, the first test plus plenty more.

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/posts/5242621-friday-jump-out-jack-riewoldt

-------------------------------------

Riewoldt also underwent a surprise ankle reconstruction after being booked in for a clean-up and is yet to start running properly.

The 28-year-old has only just begun running on an anti-gravity machine and hopes to graduate to jogging laps at Punt Rd next week.

“It’s come on well,” Riewoldt told RSN of his recovery from ankle surgery. “I’ve started running ... there’s treadmills that can take your weight (off), so I’ve started running at 60 per cent of my body weight and progressed over the week up to 80 per cent and then hopefully next week I’ll be out just on the grass just having a bit of a slow trot around.”

Riewoldt will return for his eleventh season at Richmond without best mate and star utility Brett Deledio who was traded to GWS.

But the forward will be surrounded by three new faces — Dion Prestia, Josh Caddy and Toby Nankervis — who arrived at Punt Rd during the trade period.

While Riewoldt is sad to see Deledio move on, he rates this year’s trade period as Richmond’s best.

“They’re great,” he said of midfielders Prestia and Caddy. “But to lose Brett is really disappointing. He’s one of my best mates and to see him go was sad for me and for the footy club.

“On the flip side of that, to get two really bull midfielders, that’s the big thing for us.

“I think it’s probably one of the best trade periods we’ve had.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-riewoldt-reveals-finger-surgery-is-holding-him-back-after-also-undergoing-an-ankle-reconstruction/news-story/ed80991d0a29e661d60ef6be1768b06d

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2972 on: November 28, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »
The pic of Jack on twitter looks like he has added some muscle  :clapping

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2973 on: November 28, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
Jack could be the new Lids, missing from the first 6 rounds due to ongoing injury management.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2974 on: November 28, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »
Jack back on track after multiple surgeries

AFL.com.au
28 November 2016

RICHMOND star Jack Riewoldt has been eased into pre-season training on Monday as he recovers from off-season finger and ankle surgeries.

The Tigers' full squad was assembled for the first time on Monday as new draftees were introduced and the last of the senior players, including star defender Alex Rance, returned.

Riewoldt was restricted to running and short kicking, however, after an off-season that saw him undergo multiple surgeries on a finger injury as well as an ankle operation.

The 28-year-old initially booked in for an ankle clean-up, which eventually turned into a reconstruction in September.

He was also forced to have his troublesome right little finger fused twice after a titanium plate snapped three weeks after surgery.

The two-time All Australian started Monday's session with a series of run-throughs away from the main group.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-28/jack-riewoldt-on-track-after-surgeries

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2976 on: January 30, 2017, 07:54:22 PM »
Oldies but goodies: How your club's veterans are tracking

Dinny Navaratnam
afl.com.au
30 January 2017

Star forward Jack Riewoldt spent his fair share of time in the operating theatre after a right ankle reconstruction and two bouts of surgery on the little finger in his right hand – the second time because the titanium plate that was inserted snapped after just three weeks. He was forced to cross-train and use the AlterG treadmill (which allows the user to run without putting all their body weight on their legs) but the dual Coleman medallist returned to the main group before Christmas. Since he was drafted, Riewoldt's work ethic on the track hasn't been questioned and that has held him in good stead.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-29/oldies-but-goodies-how-your-clubs-veterans-are-tracking

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2977 on: January 30, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
Put Jack in the box: Tigers wasted Riewoldt away from goal

AFL.com.au
30 January 2017

JACK Riewoldt's goalkicking talent was wasted at Richmond last year, according to Champion Data's 2017 AFL Prospectus.

In 2016, the 28-year-old key forward kicked fewer than 50 goals for the season for the first time since 2008 with a tally of 48 goals.

However, Richmond's inability or unwillingness to get the ball inside 50 starved Riewoldt of opportunities, forcing him to gather the majority of his possessions outside the 50m arc.

According to Champion Data's just released AFL Prospectus, Riewoldt won just 44 per cent of his disposals in the forward 50, his lowest percentage since 2009.

In 2010, when he won his first Coleman Medal with 82 goals, he grabbed 63 per cent of his disposals in the forward 50 and was targeted 45 per cent of the time.

However in 2016, a whopping 56 per cent of his disposals were gathered outside the 50m arc and he was targeted just 31 per cent of the time.

Champion Data argues the Tigers changed tack in round eight after an appalling start to the season moving the ball slowly around their back half to limit turnovers.

It meant they only won the inside 50 count three times for the season, recording an average of 7.53 minutes fewer in the forward half than their opposition and Riewoldt became a victim of their stagnant approach.

Riewoldt still finished ninth in the AFL's goalkicking, one of only two players from non-finalists (Gold Coast's Tom Lynch was the other) to finish in the top-dozen goalkickers for 2016, a demonstration of his quality.

And he also set a new record for disposals in a season with 316.

However, Riewoldt averaged just 3.1 marks inside 50 per game compared to Lynch's 3.5, and looked at times like a Tiger thrown into the wrong enclosure at the zoo.

New forwards coach Justin Leppitsch was diplomatic in October when asked where Riewoldt was best suited, claiming he was somewhere in between a power forward and a high half-forward.

"We have got to make sure we use the strength of our players and put them in the right position," Leppitsch told AFL.com.au.

Champion Data argues Richmond's improved midfield, with the acquisition through the NAB AFL Trade Period of Dion Prestia, Josh Caddy and Toby Nankervis, as well as the opportunity to move talented players such as Nick Vlaustin through the middle, will improve the Tigers' inside 50 count and allow them to play Riewoldt deeper.

Tigers fans can only hope because as Champion Data writes, Riewoldt is "too good to be racking up 56 per cent of his touches outside the danger zone".

Champion Data is the AFL's official stats supplier

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-29/put-jack-in-the-box-tigers-wasted-riewoldt-away-from-goal

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2978 on: January 30, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »
Even Leppa can see the obvious..... :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2979 on: January 30, 2017, 10:16:02 PM »
Put Jack in the box: Tigers wasted Riewoldt away from goal

AFL.com.au
30 January 2017

JACK Riewoldt's goalkicking talent was wasted at Richmond last year, according to Champion Data's 2017 AFL Prospectus.

In 2016, the 28-year-old key forward kicked fewer than 50 goals for the season for the first time since 2008 with a tally of 48 goals.

However, Richmond's inability or unwillingness to get the ball inside 50 starved Riewoldt of opportunities, forcing him to gather the majority of his possessions outside the 50m arc.

According to Champion Data's just released AFL Prospectus, Riewoldt won just 44 per cent of his disposals in the forward 50, his lowest percentage since 2009.

In 2010, when he won his first Coleman Medal with 82 goals, he grabbed 63 per cent of his disposals in the forward 50 and was targeted 45 per cent of the time.

However in 2016, a whopping 56 per cent of his disposals were gathered outside the 50m arc and he was targeted just 31 per cent of the time.

Champion Data argues the Tigers changed tack in round eight after an appalling start to the season moving the ball slowly around their back half to limit turnovers.

It meant they only won the inside 50 count three times for the season, recording an average of 7.53 minutes fewer in the forward half than their opposition and Riewoldt became a victim of their stagnant approach.

Riewoldt still finished ninth in the AFL's goalkicking, one of only two players from non-finalists (Gold Coast's Tom Lynch was the other) to finish in the top-dozen goalkickers for 2016, a demonstration of his quality.

And he also set a new record for disposals in a season with 316.

However, Riewoldt averaged just 3.1 marks inside 50 per game compared to Lynch's 3.5, and looked at times like a Tiger thrown into the wrong enclosure at the zoo.

New forwards coach Justin Leppitsch was diplomatic in October when asked where Riewoldt was best suited, claiming he was somewhere in between a power forward and a high half-forward.

"We have got to make sure we use the strength of our players and put them in the right position," Leppitsch told AFL.com.au.

Champion Data argues Richmond's improved midfield, with the acquisition through the NAB AFL Trade Period of Dion Prestia, Josh Caddy and Toby Nankervis, as well as the opportunity to move talented players such as Nick Vlaustin through the middle, will improve the Tigers' inside 50 count and allow them to play Riewoldt deeper.

Tigers fans can only hope because as Champion Data writes, Riewoldt is "too good to be racking up 56 per cent of his touches outside the danger zone".

Champion Data is the AFL's official stats supplier

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-29/put-jack-in-the-box-tigers-wasted-riewoldt-away-from-goal

That's Dimma for you leading goal kicker how many times and Coleman medal yet he plays with him out of position no idea :banghead :banghead.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2980 on: January 31, 2017, 12:54:27 AM »
Question for you good folks. If Reiwoldt was to played out of the square, what would your F50 set up have been for 2016?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2981 on: January 31, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
why do people think how many goals a player kicks himself is more important than how hoe many goals he creates for the team?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2982 on: January 31, 2017, 11:07:57 AM »
why do people think how many goals a player kicks himself is more important than how hoe many goals he creates for the team?

I think it has to do with the simplistic nature of some people

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2983 on: January 31, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
I get why they have experimented with him up the ground, but all things considered, I think the team benefits most from having him close to goal. It's where he is most damaging and creative. He can still create goals for teammates from that position. 

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2984 on: January 31, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »
I get why they have experimented with him up the ground, but all things considered, I think the team benefits most from having him close to goal. It's where he is most damaging and creative. He can still create goals for teammates from that position.
Exactly Willy. :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.