Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 466417 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3900 on: November 14, 2022, 04:38:42 PM »
Jack Riewoldt, Gerard Whateley in left-field motor sport deal

Just saying yes has given Jack Riewoldt some amazing experiences. And co-owning a motor sport venture with Fox Footy colleagues and a V8 superstar could be the craziest adventure yet.

https://ww.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/jon-ralph/jack-riewoldt-is-not-retiring-any-time-soon-and-plans-to-have-a-lot-of-fun-along-the-way/news-story/6430f7a79467984aff3de39de4ffcda6

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3901 on: February 21, 2023, 04:11:49 PM »
Mark Stevens on RSN said he got a txt saying Jack may have a slight soft tissue injury (a "little hammy").

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/NNNRS6030672057?selected=NNNRS8989259047

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3902 on: February 21, 2023, 07:22:43 PM »
Thank goodness they took Bradtke lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3903 on: February 21, 2023, 08:04:47 PM »
Jack might not get another game.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3904 on: February 21, 2023, 08:42:18 PM »
keen to retire him are you?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3905 on: February 21, 2023, 09:18:39 PM »

Just trying to be jocular.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3906 on: February 21, 2023, 09:26:30 PM »
I know it was said lightheartedly  but its preseason and talk of an injury to jack has people thinking Bradtke can just walk in and play or have a big impact. Bradtke was a list need but 18 or 20 he needs to be developed. Expectations of what he can bring this year really should be lowered.

Personally i remain adamant that one of Miller or Balta plays fwd as a third tall most games.

The poo will hit the fan if we dont do anything and get games into one of them in the role.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3908 on: February 22, 2023, 05:00:55 PM »
My 'Spy' says Jack is fine  :pray. Seems Mark Stevens "txt" was wrong.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3909 on: February 22, 2023, 08:12:12 PM »
Jack at training today.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3910 on: February 23, 2023, 12:03:26 PM »
Looks in good shape to me

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3911 on: February 23, 2023, 03:48:46 PM »
Mark mistake Stevens
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3912 on: February 25, 2023, 04:24:21 PM »
RIEWOLDT REVEALS HOW TIGERS' GRAND TRADE PLANS LED TO RETIREMENT BACKFLIP

By Seb Mottram
SEN
25 February 2023

Jack Riewoldt says the key factor behind him staying at Richmond for a 17th season was the club’s recruitment of ex-Giants Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper.

The Tigers were one of the stories of the trade period when pulling off trades for both Taranto and Hopper as numerous Giants fled the nest.

Damien Hardwick’s midfield was the big beneficiary, with Richmond turning one of the league’s weaker midfields into one of the most talented in a single trade period.

It singled an intent from the Tigers that they once again believed they were in the premiership window, and Riewoldt is excited for the year ahead.

“It’s pretty handy to go and get two of the most premium midfielders that were available over the trade period and plug them straight into the midfield,” Riewoldt told SEN Tassie Breakfast.

“Also got some young kids who are either going into their second year or a couple of first-year boys we picked up who we think are pretty exciting players. There’s a bit to like at the Tiges at the moment…”

Riewoldt, who booted 40 goals in 2022, turned 34 at the conclusion of last season and was widely tipped to retire. It’s a sentiment that the Richmond forward himself shared, but said the club’s lofty ambitions convinced him to go around one more time.

He and former skipper Trent Cotchin both signed new one-year deals in September.

“At the star of last year I probably thought it was going to be my last year of footy, and to be honest, the thing that has kept me reinvigorated… that’s sort of buoyed out of the fact we went and got the two boys out of GWS and the club had that strong roll of the dice whilst trying to live in the now and win premierships we’ve invested in the draft,” Riewoldt explained.

“Certainly going and getting two really good players in a spot we probably really need to be strong in and create midfield depth has probably been the catalyst for hanging around and seeing if we can win another premiership and get back to the top of the AFL tree.”

As for how Taranto and Hopper will fair at Tigerland, fans got their best glimpse yet with Friday’s match simulation against North Melbourne.

Both got plenty of the ball when spending massive amounts of time in the midfield, while Taranto also pushed into attack and looked dangerous.

Riewoldt, speaking before the practice game, said the new recruits had eased the load on Dion Prestia over the pre-season.

“The two guys we’ve gone and picked up, Jacob is more of that inside bull, extractor type, which takes a bit of pressure off Dion in that aspect,” he added.

“Tim has got a little bit of outside class and the ability to spread and run from contest, which once again has probably been lumped on Dion.

“He’s probably the happiest man at the footy club, Dion Prestia the riches he’s got around him now to help us in the short term and then for him to go into more of a mentor role for the young kids who we believe are going to be good players for us in the midfield in the coming years.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/02/25/riewoldt-reveals-how-tigers-grand-trade-plans-led-to-retirement-backflip/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3913 on: February 26, 2023, 12:24:05 PM »
Dion won't be too busy if he is to mentor young mids. We just dont have many.

The areas that still require a lot of work in recruiting are more wing types, There is only Banks and Ralphsmith. Big bodied mids only Ross, and tall fwds or in particular an experienced one to go with a highly touted junior that we can develop.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #3914 on: February 26, 2023, 02:42:42 PM »
Dion won't be too busy if he is to mentor young mids. We just dont have many.

The areas that still require a lot of work in recruiting are more wing types, There is only Banks and Ralphsmith. Big bodied mids only Ross, and tall fwds or in particular an experienced one to go with a highly touted junior that we can develop.

Claw
IIRC, Richo was very successful in a wing position at the end of his career (and nearly won the Brownlow that year), maybe this is a role Bradtke could be considered for with his alleged speed size and agility??
Just thinking outside the square??