Author Topic: Jordan McMahon  (Read 21180 times)

Ox

Re: Jordan McMahon
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »
i agree with X

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2007, 06:35:01 PM »
The plan must be to push guys like Kingy, Rainesy and Connors into the midfield next year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2007, 06:49:40 PM »
i agree with X

bloody hell ())(, u cant agree with me, this is not right  :o, i better mark this day down!
 :lol

Bull

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2007, 07:10:30 PM »
I hope that both Jordy and Mitch do well.

I was fuming this morning when i read we traded both 18 & 19 for these players.

I am happy that we have retained 18 but would have liked to get a pick in the 20's atleast and think we should have offloaded Shultz for the high 20 pick that Port offered.

Hopefully we can entice a decent player in the pre-season draft.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2007, 07:25:45 PM »
adcock in the PSD and couldn't care less we traded those picks away :thumbsup

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2007, 07:46:19 PM »

will adcock be in the psd, do u know that 4 sure?

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »

he is out of contract i believe and yet to sign and allegedly wants to come back to victoria. therefore PSD is not out of the question, but reckon the lions will sign him up. They know he is a talented kid and will hell bent on keeping him.

We just have to hope that miller gets off his arse and entices Adcock down or that lions up his pay packet which forces brennan into the PSD

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »

he is out of contract i believe and yet to sign and allegedly wants to come back to victoria. therefore PSD is not out of the question, but reckon the lions will sign him up. They know he is a talented kid and will hell bent on keeping him.

We just have to hope that miller gets off his behind and entices Adcock down or that lions up his pay packet which forces brennan into the PSD

well in that case dont send miller to speak to him, so far this trade week, he was unable to bring anyone across to us.

dont be fooled about mitch and jordy, miller had nothing to do with that.

imo, jordy came cos he wanted to play under wallace.

mitch came because he knows we will pick up cale(i bet cale was told weeks ago we would get him, regardless what waffle is said to the media and fans)

every player who was out of contract that miller spoke to re-signed at their existing clubs, its either thay all hate rfc or millers bs is as clear as day now and he couldnt even give away free maccas to the etheopians, let alone sell it to them!

Passionfruit

« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »
give him a break jack, he hasnt played a game 4 us yet1

and btw, who cares if he is light on, his average tackle count per game is far better than th erfc average per player, so i guess he is more accountable than 95% of out blokes

lets not crucify any new players and welcome them, u never know they may just surprise you.

where is that good old fair go aussie spirit.

he isnt even down yet and many are already kickintg him in th eguts.

we have tivendale and krak and jay and hyde and ....etc in our team to bag, not the new boys who havent even played a game yet

Hey, seen enough of him at the dogs.
No thanks.   $1,000,000 for 3 years ::)

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2007, 09:25:37 PM »
i am not happy about this trade ...

soft ... weak ... not hard ... = all the same problem ...

richmond don't need players like this ...

once again i hope i am wrong !!!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2007, 10:38:27 PM »
it aint 1 mill over 3 years. :-X

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2007, 10:45:58 PM »
I am happy that we have retained 18 but would have liked to get a pick in the 20's atleast and think we should have offloaded Shultz for the high 20 pick that Port offered.
I think either we were hoping pick 22 would go from the Dogs to Adelaide to Port to us or Port would swap pick 16 with our 18 on top of pick 28.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2007, 10:55:11 PM »
it aint 1 mill over 3 years. :-X

Its more! :'(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2007, 03:38:29 PM »
McMahon excited by Punt Rd move
richmondfc.com.au
12:53 PM Mon 15 October, 2007
By Jason Phelan

RICHMOND recruit Jordan McMahon has spoken of his excitement at the fresh slate provided by his move to Punt Road.

The Tigers exchanged pick 19 overall in November’s NAB AFL National Draft for the dashing half-back flanker after the 24-year-old asked the Bulldogs to trade him following a season when he admits to being troubled by off-field issues.

“I’m very, very happy with the move. I was excited basically when I decided to make the move,” McMahon said at his new club on Monday.

“I had a lot of choices and a lot of decisions to make and it was a gut feeling when it came down to Richmond. I was really excited about the move and I’m really pumped about it actually; we’ve got a good future.

“To be honest with you, I think now is the time where I’m either going to play my best football or I’m not and to be honest with you I think a fresh start is where it’s going to happen.”

The South Australian received interest from both Adelaide clubs, with Port Adelaide the keener of the two to secure his services, before deciding to stay in Melbourne and sign a three-year deal with Richmond.

McMahon agreed the lure of going back home to Adelaide had been strong, but cited a strong off-field support structure at Punt Road as a key factor in his decision-making process.

“I had some issues off-field with family and so forth, and I’m not sure it was handled that well back down at the previous club,” he said.

“I spoke to Richmond about what they could do with things and they had the appropriate measures for it as well and they gave me some good options. I took it from there and I thought it was probably appropriate that I do come across.

“I had some issues off field as well and it came to a point where I had a decision to make: is it best to make a fresh start and get into a new environment?

“I think personally for me at that time, it was just time to have a look around and see what was available. Richmond really put a great offer forward. I think it’s a really young list and a really exciting list. I think there’s a lot of improvement within them as well and I think there’s a big future with them.”

McMahon was dropped from the Dogs’ side for round 21, but while he didn’t entirely agree with the move, he maintained it did not have any bearing on his decision to seek a new football home.

“I think you’d have to ask Rocket [Rodney Eade] that,” he replied when quizzed on his omission from the team that lost heavily to Hawthorn. “He dropped me for a reason. Obviously my form wasn’t great at the time and that’s understandable.

“I got brought back in for the last game and played it out, but my mind wasn’t made up at all by then. When the season finished I had to sit down and assess everything.”

McMahon is yet to meet any of his new teammates, but said he was looking forward to taking the field with them under the guidance of Terry Wallace, who oversaw the first two years of his career at Whitten Oval.

“It’s an exciting prospect actually,” he said of playing in front of the Tigers’ strong supporter base.

“The first time I played in front of 80,000 people was the first final I played for the Western Bulldogs.

“[But] I heard that Richmond had the third-highest attendances during the season out of any club in the AFL and, considering the amount of games they won, that’s not a bad effort.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=52490

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers the family club for McMahon (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2007, 04:00:35 AM »
Tigers the family club for McMahon
16 October 2007   Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

JORDAN McMahon has fired a parting shot at the Western Bulldogs, declaring Richmond is better equipped to provide off-field support for players.

McMahon, traded to the Tigers for draft pick No. 19 last week, battled family issues this season after his partner and their young daughter returned to Adelaide.

And McMahon yesterday indicated the Dogs could have done more to help.

"I had some personal issues off-field with family. I'm not sure it was handled that well back down at the previous club," McMahon said.

McMahon said the Tigers' beefed-up welfare and development program was a key factor in his decision to move to Punt Rd.

"There was definitely support (at the Bulldogs). The issue for me was is there something better for me that will help my football?" McMahon said.

"I spoke to Richmond about what they could do and they had appropriate measures.

"They've got in place a really good environment where they've got a lot of support."

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade was yesterday surprised by McMahon's comments.

"We are comfortable with the support systems we have in place and we are comfortable with the level of support we provided Jordan," Eade said.

"We wish him the best and we'll move on."

McMahon has earned a significant pay rise by crossing to Richmond. It is understood he will earn slightly more than $1 million over three years.

McMahon split with girlfriend, Adelaide model Rebecca McLure, during the season. She returned home with their one-year-old daughter Lila. The 24-year-old's form dropped away and he was banished to VFL affiliate club Werribee as the Dogs' tilt at the finals faded.

"He (Eade) dropped me for a reason. Obviously my form wasn't great at that time. That's understandable," McMahon said.

"I got brought back for the last game and played it out."

McMahon said being dropped to the VFL was when he decided it was best to move on.

"When the season finished I assessed everything," he said.

"I had a lot of choices to make. It was a gut feeling when it came down to Richmond. I'm really pumped about it, actually. There's a good future."

McMahon, recruited from Glenelg, met Port Adelaide officials, but decided against a move home.

After 114 games, McMahon is confident he is ready to play his best football under Terry Wallace, his coach for his first two years at Whitten Oval.

"He's got an attacking style of football he wants to play and I reckon I can fit pretty well into that," McMahon said.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said McMahon would improve the Tigers' skill level. "His disposal is one of the better in the AFL," he said.

But while McMahon's kicking can be deadly when on song, Champion Data stats reveal he can also misfire.

He recorded a kicking efficiency rate of 75.4 per cent last season. Champion Data rates that as below average for a defender.

But what McMahon will definitely provide is rebound. The dashing defender was No. 1 at the Dogs for running bounces last year.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22591549%255E19742,00.html