Author Topic: Gold Coast Suns FC  (Read 20300 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Gold Coast Suns FC
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »
Actually the original "hill" was at the southern end of the ground, so that has gone. I stood at the northern end for the last Tiges game up there and it was bloody freezing with the wind coming up across the river. Breeze is overrated.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2011, 10:44:19 AM »
The design with the open end reminds me of a baseball stadium. Good luck to the opposition cheer squads behind the goals at that end if it buckets down during a game. I'm guessing if the Gold Coast wins the Comm Games in 2018 that end will be filled in?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2011, 09:00:48 PM »
Here's Gold Coast's full kit  :P. I guess at least it doesn't clash with us.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »
I dont mind the looks of there kit.
its no yellow and black though :shh

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2011, 02:29:05 AM »
Very bright colouring. Reminds me a little of the old Fitzroy jumper.
Does this mean Sydney will wear white shorts when they play them in Qld. Can't have both teams in red shorts and red jumpers, or will the Swans come up with an alternate strip.
We'll see what Andy D demands of the situation. :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »
Andy D will force them to their white and blue clash strip.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2011, 04:57:30 AM »
Here's the latest pics of Carrara for those interested. They basically just need to add grass to the oval and they're done.

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/photo-gallery/photo_gallery_popup_preview.php?category_id=18445

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »
The turf has now been laid at Carrara and the scoreboard is in place and up and running.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
Sounds like Brisbane has got them today from score updates on bigfooty.
Hopefully Suns are more competitive once there AFL seasoned players are in the side.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »
GOLD Coast has named its historic first ever AFL team, with Gary Ablett to captain a side containing all eight of the Suns' prized uncontracted player signings.

Ablett, Jared Brennan, Campbell Brown and Nathan Bock have all battled injuries of varying severity over the pre-season, but will take their places in the inaugural team along with Josh Fraser, Jarrod Harbrow, Michael Rischitelli and Nathan Krakouer.

Former Kangaroo Daniel Harris and ex-Magpie Danny Stanley will resume their stalled AFL careers, but the club's remaining players with AFL experience, Nathan Ablett and Sam Iles, were not selected.

David Swallow, the No.1 pick at the 2010 NAB AFL Draft, has been named alongside Ablett, with Harley Bennell, who was taken second, starting on the bench. Gold Coast's third overall pick, key forward prospect Sam Day, did not make the cut.

Rugby league convert Karmichael Hunt has beaten highly-rated defender Michael Coad for the centre half-back post, with Coad an emergency along with Daniel Gorringe and Maverick Weller. 

The two key forward spots will be held down by youngsters Charlie Dixon and Zac Smith, while recently elevated rookie Alik Magin goes straight into the side on a half-forward flank.

Gold Coast's first AFL team:

B: Seb Tape, Nathan Bock, Campbell Brown
HB: Jarrod Harbrow, Karmichael Hunt, Nathan Krakouer
C: Trent McKenzie, Daniel Harris, Michael Rischitelli
HF: Danny Stanley, Charlie Dixon, Alik Magin
F: Jared Brennan, Zac Smith, Brandon Matera
Foll: Josh Fraser, David Swallow, Gary Ablett
Int: Marc Lock, Harley Bennell, Dion Prestia, Josh Toy
EMG: Maverick Weller, Daniel Gorringe, Michael Coad

Be interesting to see how they go in there first game. Hopefully they can kick there club off with a win over Carlton.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2011, 09:54:05 PM »
I support any team that plays against Carlscum.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2011, 10:08:12 PM »
;D  :thumbsup

They're expecting a crowd of 25-30k at the 'Gabba for GC's first game so a pretty good effort for a new team playing outside their home town (the novelty factor will be why). Carrara looks great now seeing it on the tv right now.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2011, 11:02:56 PM »
;D  :thumbsup

They're expecting a crowd of 25-30k at the 'Gabba for GC's first game so a pretty good effort for a new team playing outside their home town (the novelty factor will be why). Carrara looks great now seeing it on the tv right now.

Sure is, its a far cry to watching those games in the late 80's at Carrara where kicking for goal at one end where the big Pellerman's Barn sign was and the small electronic scoreboard at the other. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2012, 01:42:27 PM »
Ratten might not of been a good senior head coach to take a team to ultimate glory but he could still make it as a decent assistant.
I would rather Ratten over Primus.

GOLD Coast will approach sacked senior coaches Brett Ratten and Matthew Primus about an assistant coaching role and will also offer Malcolm Blight a more permanent role in the football department.

The Suns have increased the football department budget for 2013 to bolster one of the smallest coaching panels in the AFL.

Football manager Marcus Ashcroft said the Suns wouLd aim high in the recruitment process, starting with Ratten and Primus, and then looking at any available senior assistants from the clubs that competed in this year's final series.

"We have to, we have to go after the best and most experienced people available," Ashcroft said.

"Those guys are certainly in that category."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/gold-coast-suns-to-make-approach-to-sacked-coaches-brett-ratten-and-matthew-primus/story-fn6pe9hv-1226464189771