Author Topic: Yze's post-game presser / Win was not about me, it was reward for our players  (Read 192 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Round 3: Yze post-match presser.

VIDEO: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1519851/round-3-yze-post-match

----------------------------------------

Yze revealed afterwards that the Tigers’ five-goal-to-one third quarter coincided with their highest pressure rating for the season.

“[This win is] not about me. For our players, I look at our last three weeks, the effort that our players have put in without getting a reward,” he said.

“We’ve had a lot of things going on, guys going out before a game, [and] obviously the Carlton game, we had players playing [in] different positions, all those sorts of things, and we just didn’t get the reward. So, I was just rapt for our players to get the reward today.

“We were super excited, with not only the effort of today, but ... it’s been a month of almosts, so I was rapt for them [to get some reward].

After only laying 32 tackles for the game last week in a loss to Port Adelaide, the club recorded 60 against the Swans, a metric that proved vital to the narrow victory.

"We trained it and we spoke about it," Yze said of his side's pressure.

"We weren't happy with the way that we pressured last week, we were just a step off. It's unlike us, it's not a Richmond type of game if we only lay 30 tackles. So, to the players' credit, to the leaders' credit, they recognised that during the week, and we trained it."

Sources: The Age & AFL websites.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Coaches well on game day his not afraid to move the magnets.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
The more the season goes, the more pressure is becoming a crucial way to win games of football - it is the starting point for teams that are struggling. While tackles are by far NOT the only measure, first the Bulldogs (37 tackles to 65), then Pies (51 then 54 to 85) and now Tigers (32 to 60) are jist bringing more heat to the opposition to bring themselves into the game. Spoiling, shepards, bumping and just plain cracking in or not measured but were clearly the hallmarks of all 3 sides in the weeks where they came back from bad losses the previous weeks.
The question is whether it’s a one off….
Lynch will be a huge loss, probably the most influential player on the ground yesterday. Does so much more than kick goals…..
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.