Author Topic: No. 12 - Matthew Richardson  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: No. 12 - Matthew Richardson
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 09:01:27 PM »
There's your model Plough.

Don't think you'll get any argument from TW. He's been pretty consistent in saying that it's Geelong he's modelling us on.

It helps when the side (GFC in 07 & WCE in 06) has a lot of goal kicking midfielders.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
There's your model Plough.

Don't think you'll get any argument from TW. He's been pretty consistent in saying that it's Geelong he's modelling us on.

Well that's convenient. ;)

Interesting that we didn't hear that once last season isn't it.

Proof is in the pudding RROFO.

richmondrules

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »
Interesting that we didn't hear that once last season isn't it.

Not trying to be argumentative but I have heard it a few times since Terry took over. I'm sure I have read it in the media or the official site. I have a funny feeling it was from the horses mouth in an interview he gave. Now you've got me doubting my sources.  ;D

Anyway that's what I have heard. IIRC I had now reason to doubt it when first heard it but I can't vouch for the reliability of the info since I can't remember the source.

:thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »
IIRC Plough did say when he took over that you don't need to hit rock bottom (a la Geelong) to rebuild. I think that thought has gone out the window lol as we gained Tambo and Rance from our two priority picks. It's impossible to compare to Geelong's recruiting as they gained big time from their stack of Father-Sons which they got on the cheap under the old 3rd round F/S rule. It would be Richmond's luck that the rule get changed just before a couple of sons of Dunne and Wood are eligible next year and we have to auction for them especially if they star at U18 level :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd