Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee, Sat June 26 - LIVE on ABC TV  (Read 6741 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Coburg vs Werribee, Sat June 26 - LIVE on ABC TV
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2010, 04:42:35 PM »
I thought O'Rielly was ok.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2010, 05:12:41 PM »
2010 VFL Seniors

Werribee Tigers   1.10  4.12  11.18  13.20 (98)
Coburg Tigers      2.2    7.6    9.8    13.13 (91)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Castello 3 Sharp 2 Priest 2 Obst 2 Chisholm 2 Gleeson  Adams
Coburg Tigers: Roberts 3 Nahas 2 Morton 2 Post  Browne  Piuselli  Kahlefeldt  Polo  RANCE

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Adams Gleeson Wormald Castello Martiniello Bryce
Coburg Tigers: Browne Piuselli Webberley McMahon GOURDIS Rayson

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Coburg Tigers:
Ben Clifton (Coburg)for engaging in rough conduct against Matthew Scott (Werribee) in 2nd qtr.
Jayden Post (Coburg) for engaging in rough conduct against Marty Pask (Werribee)in 3rd qtr.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
2010 VFL Reserves

Werribee Tigers   4.1  9.5  10.8  17.12 (114)
Coburg Tigers     4.3  8.5  11.8  13.9 (87)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Bongetti 5 Perkins 3 Baddeley 2 Lunardi 2 Notman 2 Lee  Robbins  Simpson
Coburg Tigers: Allan 4 Westhoff 3 Dennis 2 Jordon 2 Contin  GILLIGAN

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Baddeley Bongetti Notman Garland Lunardi Saker
Coburg Tigers: Fahey Dahl Morris Cattapan Jordon Duhau

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2010, 05:15:25 PM »
Browne was our best I thought, then probably Gourdis and as much as I hate to say it McMahon was quite good (hard to know how his opponent went off the tv)
Post looking like he'll be ok in time and although Rance wasn't great he did a couple of nice things, if only he could get some composure

Polo & Morton were shocking, would have to be on the way out at the end of the year

Agree with this
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »
For those that remember back during the draft,

Matthew Scott (42 for Werribee) was one of my smokies along with Tom Harms that if drafted late or rookied they could make it at AFL level.

Was a shame to see him get shirt fronted and forced off the field. Prety unluckyy ricochet off Browne into Carnell path and got cleaned up. Wont get suspended even though there was a report.

He looked on early on, good hands. One to keep an eye on anyway.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »
Get Polo off  :banghead

He is a hack i wish they dump in years end.

watched him at Coburg a few weeks back and was soft in so many ways. Is not a smart footballer at all.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2010, 03:41:27 AM »
Age match report

Jordan McMahon, who was with Polak on that fateful night in 2008, was one of the better Coburg players in its seven-point loss yesterday and remains hopeful of adding to his 148-game AFL career.

Despite at least four impressive performances this year at Coburg, the former Bulldog has been on the outer at Richmond. ''I hope the opportunity comes," he said. ''It gets frustrating at times, but I can only do the things that are in my control.

"I've had a chat with [coach Damien Hardwick] about what I need to do to get myself into that team. He's told me a few things to take on board. I've been doing everything in my control.''

McMahon said he had no plans to retire and would play out the season with Coburg.

Robin Nahas came off with an injured calf but returned in the second half to kick two final-quarter goals. Tigers ruckman Andrew Browne was dominant for Coburg, while North Melbourne's Leigh Adams was best on ground for Werribee.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/polak-concussed-in-head-clash-20100626-zaz8.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »
Age match report

Jordan McMahon, who was with Polak on that fateful night in 2008, was one of the better Coburg players in its seven-point loss yesterday and remains hopeful of adding to his 148-game AFL career.

Despite at least four impressive performances this year at Coburg, the former Bulldog has been on the outer at Richmond. ''I hope the opportunity comes," he said. ''It gets frustrating at times, but I can only do the things that are in my control.

"I've had a chat with [coach Damien Hardwick] about what I need to do to get myself into that team. He's told me a few things to take on board. I've been doing everything in my control.''

McMahon said he had no plans to retire and would play out the season with Coburg.

Robin Nahas came off with an injured calf but returned in the second half to kick two final-quarter goals. Tigers ruckman Andrew Browne was dominant for Coburg, while North Melbourne's Leigh Adams was best on ground for Werribee.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/polak-concussed-in-head-clash-20100626-zaz8.html

Can anyone who attended this game tell me if McMahon is still playing the same type of football or has he developed a defensive edge to go with his attack and run?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2010, 09:30:46 AM »
Roberts played well in the second quarter his last goal was very impressive. Browne was good but gave away a stupid 50. Polo was poor. Morton was okay but not great. Post was okay. Webberley was okay. What do people think about the coach of Coburg?

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2010, 09:31:44 AM »

Can anyone who attended this game tell me if McMahon is still playing the same type of football or has he developed a defensive edge to go with his attack and run?

Well he did take a couple of contested marks, gave us a lot of run out of defence, and was among our better players. But, like a nun, I think he's just as likely to slip straight into his old bad habits if given a senior recall.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2010, 09:35:07 AM »
Roberts played well in the second quarter his last goal was very impressive. Browne was good but gave away a stupid 50. Polo was poor. Morton was okay but not great. Post was okay. Webberley was okay. What do people think about the coach of Coburg?

I think his nickname should be "Mumbles", because you can't hear a word that he says at the huddles.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »
Just as an aside, there was a fair bit of niggle at the game. The Werribee reserves all hang around the far wing,yelling out insults to the Coburg players. Real childish stuff like;"Hit the Post" when Post is lining up for goal. But nasty stuff too.
Further up the same wing the Coburg reserves sit in a group yelling stuff over the fence to put off the Werribee players too. It got pretty heated in the 3rd qtr, when Post and that no.5 for Werribee tangled.
Just after the 1/2 time break as players were taking their positions, I heard a Werribee player say to Robin Nahas "the little league have left the ground",  pointing him to the change rooms. :lol   

TigerTimeII

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »
Just as an aside, there was a fair bit of niggle at the game. The Werribee reserves all hang around the far wing,yelling out insults to the Coburg players. Real childish stuff like;"Hit the Post" when Post is lining up for goal. But nasty stuff too.
Further up the same wing the Coburg reserves sit in a group yelling stuff over the fence to put off the Werribee players too. It got pretty heated in the 3rd qtr, when Post and that no.5 for Werribee tangled.
Just after the 1/2 time break as players were taking their positions, I heard a Werribee player say to Robin Nahas "the little league have left the ground",  pointing him to the change rooms. :lol   

they obviously havent seen nahas' manhood lol  , he is the little "BIG" man after all   :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »
Narrow loss for Coburg
richmondfc.com.au

Coburg suffered a narrow seven-point loss on the road against Werribee at Chirnside Park today.

The Tigers led by 12 points at half time but conceded seven goals to two in the third quarter and trailed by 22 points at the final change.

Coburg rallied in the last quarter and got to within five points in the dying stages, but the surge was left too late.

The in-form Graham Polak was carried from the field after a head clash in the opening minutes of the match, but was later cleared of any damage.

Relton Roberts was the leading goalkicker for the Tigers with three, all in an electrifying second quarter burst.  Mitch Morton and Robin Nahas each kicked two.

Jordan McMahon was the leading possession winner with 26, Jeromey Webberley had 23 and Dean Polo collected 21.

Andrew Browne was excellent in the ruck, and David Gourdis was solid deep in defence with 10 marks and 14 disposals.

Coburg takes on Port Melbourne away from home on Saturday July 3.

BEST: Browne, Piuselli, Webberley, McMahon, Gourdis, Rayson

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/96973/default.aspx

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »
Mcmahon got alot the ball. Good run and kicked well.

However the bad still out way the good. How many goals did the other sides small / mid forwards kick?

Mcmahon still had far too many moments of softness and often lost contested 50/50 situations. Not good enough against a side with so few afl listed players. Most many years his younger.