Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's Year 27. Tom Hislop?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate a Tiger's Year 27. Tom Hislop?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 02:18:29 AM »
Played the role that was asked of him

If that was to be entirely ineffectual and rough up a few players, then yes he was very good at what he was asked to do.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 02:44:25 AM »
would there be a chance of him becoming a tagger.
or like in the collingwood match he'll get to distracted by tryin to take the man out and not tryin to stop his effect on the game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 06:58:13 AM »
Played the role that was asked of him

If that was to be entirely ineffectual and rough up a few players, then yes he was very good at what he was asked to do.

:thumbsup

that and applying defensive pressure inside F50  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 10:06:33 AM »
5 out of 10  ;D

Played the role that was asked of him - what we all think of the role is a different story

:rollin :rollin :whistle :whistle
Agree, 5/10 for mine too, he passed in that he did what he was told and performed the role he was given. I think next year will be a big one for him . . . and personally I like the bloke for giving it to Maxwell in Rd 20  :bow

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »
5 out of 10  ;D

Played the role that was asked of him - what we all think of the role is a different story

Agree, 5/10 for mine too, he passed in that he did what he was told and performed the role he was given. I think next year will be a big one for him . . . and personally I like the bloke for giving it to Maxwell in Rd 20  :bow

Anyone who gives it to Maxwell is worth an extra vote!! Still I only give him 5 then with the extra vote.  He would need to improve next year.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »
4/10 for mine.

Is not quick enough to be a small forward offensively or defensively. Was recruited to get the ball and fire it out to the other midfielders yet has not been given a chance to do this role as yet. The same can be said for Thomson - if you recruit a bloke for a specific role why not play him there until he has a chance to prove his worth either way!?

Hislop needs to pick up his game to become a long term players. I think he should start with improving his attitude and work ethic.

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »
5 out of 10  ;D

Anyone who gives it to Maxwell is worth an extra vote!! Still I only give him 5 then with the extra vote.  He would need to improve next year.

thats all good and well if you can actually win your own ball effectively.

Hislop was a useless hack at the Bombers and was thrown to the only that club that wanted him. Richmond.

Once again we have a list clogger/loose cannon on our hands.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

thats all good and well if you can actually win your own ball effectively.

Hislop was a useless hack at the Bombers and was thrown to the only that club that wanted him. Richmond.

Once again we have a list clogger/loose cannon on our hands.

Seriously daniel, let's see what Dimma can get out of him - I reckon he may surprise a few people in 2010

If he doesn't improve he'll be gone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harro80

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 05:08:32 PM »
Hes one of two hard nuts in out team, Hislop and J.king thats it, The rest are soft and i just hope hardwik can do something about that.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »
Hes one of two hard nuts in out team, Hislop and J.king thats it, The rest are soft and i just hope hardwik can do something about that.

Jackson??  McGuane??

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 05:42:07 PM »

Jackson??  McGuane??
Just cause Jackson and McGuane are hard at the ball does not grant them the tag of "hardnut". I think Harro is thinking more along the lines of a player who roughs up his opposition and doesn't back down from a push and shove, a la Campbell Brown.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 08:43:10 PM »

Jackson??  McGuane??
Just cause Jackson and McGuane are hard at the ball does not grant them the tag of "hardnut". I think Harro is thinking more along the lines of a player who roughs up his opposition and doesn't back down from a push and shove, a la Campbell Brown.

You're kidding me?  Jackson and McGuane are as antagonistic and confrontational as you would wish for - and both have more common sense and ability to carry off to advantage than the other 2.