Author Topic: Tigers' finals already in the balance, says Matthew Richardson (Age)  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers' finals already in the balance, says Matthew Richardson (Age)
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 11:29:47 AM »
I heard on sen this morning that no team has ever made the 8 after being 1-3. If that's true it's likely season over this week unless we beat those pricks

That's horsecrap.  North won a flag after starting 0-4 in 1975 - that's just one occasion I can recall off the top of my head.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »
I heard on sen this morning that no team has ever made the 8 after being 1-3. If that's true it's likely season over this week unless we beat those pricks

That's horsecrap.  North won a flag after starting 0-4 in 1975 - that's just one occasion I can recall off the top of my head.

Our start to 1980 was pretty pee poor IIRC.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »

Started with a win, a loss and a draw, then 11 straight wins so wasn't too bad.  Would have been nice to do that this season!   :'(

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 11:47:16 AM »
I noticed via the heraldsun they meant  - since the competition went to an 18 team comp

wow a whole 2 years  ::)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 12:07:40 PM »

Started with a win, a loss and a draw, then 11 straight wins so wasn't too bad.  Would have been nice to do that this season!   :'(

Win, loss and nearly a draw so far...  ;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »
We're the most dishonest side in the AFL at present.
I was actually angry watching our 3rd qtr intensity on Saturday. Where the f*** was that intensity in the first half ? We are playing with intensity in fits and spurts. That's just dishonest football and every team ( bar Melbourne ) will beat us playing this way.
Have a look at an honest team like Geelong. They bring it all game , every game regardless of the score or the opposition.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
I noticed via the heraldsun they meant  - since the competition went to an 18 team comp

wow a whole 2 years  ::)

:lol  Yep, the good old Hun - a gift of insightful media that just keeps giving!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »

Win, loss and nearly a draw so far...  ;D

Lol Wayne.  I noticed that after I posted and thought the same thing - we are actually almost in the exact same spot.  Let's see how our ride to 11 straight wins starting on Friday goes.   ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »
We're the most dishonest side in the AFL at present.
I was actually angry watching our 3rd qtr intensity on Saturday. Where the f*** was that intensity in the first half ? We are playing with intensity in fits and spurts. That's just dishonest football and every team ( bar Melbourne ) will beat us playing this way.
Have a look at an honest team like Geelong. They bring it all game , every game regardless of the score or the opposition.

Some cheats in our lot that's for sure.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 02:39:24 PM »

Was only top 5 in 1975, not top 8.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 02:47:07 PM »
Which makes it an even more outlandish statement!   :o

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame