Author Topic: Rainesy Injury - dislocated kneecap  (Read 2410 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Rainsey Injury
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 10:07:45 PM »
Dislocated kneecap apparently

---------------------
The loss was compounded for Richmond by a knee injury to defender Andrew Raines, but Wallace said it was still too early to gauge the damage.

"We think he dislocated his kneecap,” Wallace said. “It certainly went back in, so it's just a matter of how that actually settles down over the next few days and … we'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to have any idea where he's at.

"It came out but it went straight back in again and sometimes they just settle and they're right. If it was one that had to be put back in - that's a different case."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=57094

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 10:14:18 PM »
richo has got to stop demanding the ball all the time, has to play smarter and that what i mean about team play

No see that's where we disagree.

I reckon he should keep demanding the ball, let the opposition send 3 to him and free up other options for us - they triple tag him we should use this to our advantage currently we don't.

He takes out 3 and our mids play a bit smarter and fire the ball off to say Lids, Brown or whoever else is there free and we get some cheap goals. Then when they (the opposition) finally wise up and start manning up we then get Richo one on one in a contested situation he is likely to either take the mark or get to the ground - crumber lurking ...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Rainesy Injury - dislocated kneecap
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 03:01:54 AM »
Andrew Raines (Richmond) kneecap

Dislocated left kneecap in yesterday’s match. The Tigers will learn the full extent of the injury today but he is likely to miss at least a couple of games.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/the-injury-report/2008/03/30/1206850710509.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 08:50:36 AM »

jay showed more skill and class and team  play than richo today
So where was he when Richo was fighting off 4-5 opponents?

Tigermonk

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 09:57:52 AM »
Injury that should never of happened.
Thats what you get when you have 15 handballs and stuffing around with the ball in the corrdior instead of kicking it.. :banghead
By memory, it was "'hospital" handball he received when well and truely under the pump and the ball should never been given to him

:thumbsup  :clapping :clapping good post jack

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »
Raines be glad to see the back of him
the reason why Richo was in the forward line by himself with the Roos whole backline is we were outplayed, outcoached, & they were fitter, faster, better skilled & run off off our legs

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 11:24:17 AM »
richo has got to stop demanding the ball all the time, has to play smarter and that what i mean about team play

No see that's where we disagree.

I reckon he should keep demanding the ball, let the opposition send 3 to him and free up other options for us - they triple tag him we should use this to our advantage currently we don't.

He takes out 3 and our mids play a bit smarter and fire the ball off to say Lids, Brown or whoever else is there free and we get some cheap goals. Then when they (the opposition) finally wise up and start manning up we then get Richo one on one in a contested situation he is likely to either take the mark or get to the ground - crumber lurking ...

I have been thinking for many years that there should be one small foward that is what I call Richo's shadow. He should follow Richo everywhere. He should train with him and know where he is going to go (if thats possible, not sure if he knows where it is he is going). So when there is 3 on one and it spills at least there is somebody around to maybe get a crumb or put some pressure on the opposition. If we are going to continue the stupid Richo centric bombing it would be a good idea. But hey I am no football coach.

As for Rainsey , I hope its not to bad a injury (still to early to tell they say). Could give a spot for a youngster to step into and to me Raines is in the playing group picked as numbers 16-22. This means the replacement wont be a huge drop off.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »
gee trying to read a post with that avitar of yours is distracting  ;D but please dont change it  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »
yeah bad luck raines but u know what im glad i have a few weeks where i dont have to see a footballer who has a bigger head then the whole rfc.

get over urself pal and maybe the time away will make u think smarter instead of playing like someone with no footy brain whatsoever
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »
Bad luck and bad timing for Andrew with similar types pressing for selection.
Might struggle to get back in the ones for the rest of the year.

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »
Bad luck and bad timing for Andrew with similar types pressing for selection.
Might struggle to get back in the ones for the rest of the year.

:pray :pray :pray :pray l dont want him back till his desposes of the ball quicker

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 03:43:54 PM »
Any further news on how long Rainesy will be out for?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd