Author Topic: Hardwick's press conference 5-6-18 / Dimma filthy over Rance staging reaction  (Read 945 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's presser today:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-06-05/hardwick-previews-port-adelaide

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardwick filthy over Rance staging reaction

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Jun 5, 2018 2:59PM

DAMIEN Hardwick has fired back at those who criticised Alex Rance for staging on Saturday night, and has demanded there be consistency in umpiring incidents like it.

Rance was fined $1000 for staging for a free kick in the third quarter of the Tigers' win over Essendon, which prompted plenty of commentary on Sunday and Monday.

Kane Cornes called it "the worst free kick of the year" and called for Rance to be sanctioned, while Wayne Carey told Triple M it "puts a stain on his career".

Hardwick launched a spirited defence of Rance on Tuesday, essentially saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

"We're always trying to bring a champion down and that's what I thought this was," Hardwick said.

"As long as we've set the standard now, I'll find five of those free kicks a game that are over-exaggerated free kicks.

"I was really disappointed in the commentary. He's a champion of the game and I don't think we need to be saying it's a stain on his career.

"I found that really disappointing, and I think there will be a lot of people embarrassed by the commentary if we go back and look at their career."

When pressed on the comments by Cornes, Hardwick paused before responding; "I'm going to leave my comments as it is."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-05/hardwick-filthy-on-rance-staging-reaction

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Well done Dimma.  :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

That's why he's a premiership coach. Love it!

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
 :bow

excellent leadership there by Dimma.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Awesome response, see his smile when one of the reporters singled out Kane Cornes. Is there any person in football that likes that muppet?

Lebowski

Great response - its been hysterical the past few days

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I’m rally enjoying what comes out of this blokes mouth lately. Well done
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
oo-er.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.