Author Topic: Nathan Foley [merged]  (Read 111983 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Foley [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: September 01, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
WTF how is Raines in that list, he left Richmond and was going to play finals, it was FACT

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1216 on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
WTF how is Raines in that list, he left Richmond and was going to play finals, it was FACT
Confuscius say, he who thinks lion more likely than tiger to make final does not know his pussies!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1217 on: September 01, 2014, 03:38:38 PM »
Confuscius say, he who thinks lion more likely than tiger to make final does not know his pussies!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!  :lol :lol :lol :lol :bow :bow :bow

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1218 on: September 01, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »
So as far as I can see, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, Foley is playing Kingy's old role as the small defensive forward. Is this right?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1219 on: September 01, 2014, 04:20:19 PM »
noticed in the first quarter had a few shots at goal but I think they have been trying to get Petterd to play King's role.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers keen to win for Nathan 'Mr Rightman' Foley (Age)
« Reply #1220 on: September 04, 2014, 03:39:05 AM »
Tigers keen to win for Nathan 'Mr Rightman' Foley

The Age
    September 4, 2014

Last week it was for Chris Newman and this week it's for Nathan Foley.

Richmond head into their AFL elimination final with Port Adelaide with plenty of motivation, but performing for a club stalwart who wasn't there last year is paramount for Bachar Houli.

Foley was dropped leading into the club's drought-breaking final in 2013 and teammate Houli said the Tigers would lift with him in the side.

"Mr Rightman I call him, he just does everything to perfection," he said.

"It's great to see Nathan playing his first final, he's been nothing short of sensational.

"Last week we did it for Chris Newman, this week, we'll hopefully play extra hard for Nathan Foley who's been such a competitor at this club for years and years."

Foley is the longest serving player in the AFL without a finals appearance to his name - a streak Newman held before last season's final.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-keen-to-win-for-nathan-mr-rightman-foley-20140903-10bv58.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1221 on: September 04, 2014, 06:28:46 AM »
I think Foley has really slipped under the radar, particularly with the posters on this forum that said he was finished.

I have been watching him every game and he has really contributed to the resurrection of the side. He wins a lot of the ball and is always in the traffic getting the ball out. Great stuff really.. :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1222 on: September 04, 2014, 08:23:42 AM »
Off the leash now

Due to the like of miles. Vlastuin. Sedwards

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1223 on: September 04, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »
Has really stood up when the likes of Cotch have had quiet spells during the games, this was very noticeable against the Swans.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick rights a wrong and looks to Foley (afl site)
« Reply #1224 on: September 04, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »
Hardwick rights a wrong and looks to Foley

Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
September 4, 2014 4:00 PM

DAMIEN Hardwick now admits it was a mistake, and midfielder Nathan Foley says he had no choice but to move on.

Now both can achieve redemption after Foley was dropped for Richmond's drought-breaking final last year.

Foley, 28, is finding it hard to contain his excitement this week at the prospect of facing Port Adelaide after Hardwick confirmed he wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

"I'm really excited. It was disappointing to miss out last year, but that's footy at times," he told AFL.com.au this week.

"Footy's a funny industry. I've been in it 10 years and you learn to deal with things pretty well and you just get on with things.

"While it was disappointing, you move on.

"It's really exciting to play my first final and potentially for a lot of blokes hopefully to win our first final, so I'm looking forward to it."

A run of bad form leading into the elimination final against Carlton last year led to Foley's omission.

He'd had a patchy season after returning from his torn Achilles in round seven and was dropped with Orren Stephenson for the long-awaited final.

Chris Newman, Jack Riewoldt and Shane Edwards were the inclusions, with former Tiger Matt White the only player forced out because of a hamstring injury.

On Thursday, Hardwick acknowledged he had erred. 

"It was a mistake I made last year not playing him, and I spoke to Nathan about that. I'm glad we get the opportunity to play him this year," Hardwick said.

"He's such an important player for us, he gives us little things that people don't see.

"His ability to win the contest and then get that ball to the guys outside is really important.

"He's had a terrific season and played his 150th game and became a life member of our footy club.

"We're just pleased for his sake but more importantly I think he's more about the team, which is the No.1 thing, which sums up Nathan."

Foley was dropped again in round two this year and had a spell in the VFL before being recalled for the Tigers' round-nine clash with Melbourne.

He wasn't having an issue with finding the ball in the opening two rounds but wasn't having enough impact with it.

He trained hard and worked closely with VFL coach Tim Clarke in a bid to get himself in contention for senior selection.

Foley was recalled after a positive stint in the VFL and now hasn't missed a senior game since the infamous loss to the Demons.

On Sunday, he will also shrug off the unenviable tag of being the longest-serving present player to not have appeared in a final, having run out for 153 games. 

That mantle will be passed on to Melbourne duo James Frawley and Lynden Dunn, who have both played 139.

"It's been a long time coming, probably 10 years I think, so it will be nice to get rid of that status," Foley said.

"I'm generally a pretty motivated sort of person, so I didn't need that to spur me on."

What the occasion will mean to Foley isn't lost on his teammates.

Bachar Houli, who said his nickname for Foley was "Mr Right Man" because of his dedication to perfection, said the players would think of him when they hit Adelaide Oval on Sunday.   

"It's great to see Nathan playing his first final, and he's been nothing short of sensational with just the way he prepares for every game," Houli said.

"Last week we kind of did it for Chris Newman and this week we'll hopefully play extra hard for Nathan Foley who's been such a competitor at this club for many years."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-04/hardwick-rights-a-wrong

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1225 on: September 04, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »
Petterd is a better player now than he was 12 months ago but Geez almighty it was a big mistake playing him against Carlton instead of Foley. I think the forum was pretty much in agreement that  he should've been on the ground last year.

Really pleased he has return to some pretty good form. I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was in 08 but he has been very serviceable and is vital for our structure

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1226 on: September 04, 2014, 07:44:15 PM »
Having both Miles and a fitter Foley in our side has given us two extra extractors of the pill.  Something that is vital in finals type football (we missed that in the elimination final last year).

These two must continue their form on Sunday for us to win.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1227 on: September 04, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »

I have been watching him every game and he has really contributed to the resurrection of the side. He wins a lot of the ball and is always in the traffic getting the ball out. Great stuff really.. :clapping

And yet you miss what Edwards does.  Go figure.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1228 on: September 04, 2014, 08:00:52 PM »

And yet you miss what Edwards does.  Go figure.

He doesn't watch that closely it is probably Shed getting the ball out

dwaino

« Reply #1229 on: September 04, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »
Ahh nayfan forey been so good ratery