Author Topic: Meyer, Casserly and Hyde delisted  (Read 10524 times)

richmondrules

Re: Meyer, Casserly and Hyde delisted
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2009, 09:09:54 PM »
We'll probably first see how Meyer goes with Port on Sunday. The Advertiser is pumping him up.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,25070741-5016212,00.html

Hope he does really well. It would be great to see him fulfil his potential. No sour grapes from me if he smashes it for Port. Will be great to see a young man do the best for himself and live up to his talent. Will no doubt give a lot of people satisfaction for different reasons. Don't think anyone would get much out of him failing.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2009, 12:05:40 AM »
We'll probably first see how Meyer goes with Port on Sunday. The Advertiser is pumping him up.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,25070741-5016212,00.html

Hope he does really well. It would be great to see him fulfil his potential. No sour grapes from me if he smashes it for Port. Will be great to see a young man do the best for himself and live up to his talent. Will no doubt give a lot of people satisfaction for different reasons. Don't think anyone would get much out of him failing.

i know he will smash it for Port just like Rodan before him.

Choco knows that TW cannot develop kids so any youngster that drops out of RFC, guess what Choco will swoop on them.

no sour grapes thats the biggest loa os poo. Most on here will be hoping he fails because that would ultimately prove that TW and his assistant losers have got NFI
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2009, 01:24:09 AM »

Choco knows that TW cannot develop kids so any youngster that drops out of RFC, guess what Choco will swoop on them.

Ahh, so that's where they all went.

Choco has done wonders with all the youngsters delisted by Wallace.
There's been Rodan and........umm.........Rodan and........umm.......umm......

How about youngsters Wallace has delisted who have been swooped on by any coaches and been developed by them?
There's been Rodan and........umm.........Rodan and........umm.......umm.......
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2009, 01:52:20 AM »
Choco knows that TW cannot develop kids

I guess he'll be hoping that McGuane, Moore, Jackson, Thursfield, Raines, White all fall thru too because all would get a game well ahead of DM.

Meyer is miles behind all of those youngsters.

Meyer has done Jack sh it yet. Either at Richmond or at Port yet some rave about him. :-\

richmondrules

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:19 AM »
i know he will smash it for Port just like Rodan before him.

no sour grapes thats the biggest loa os poo. Most on here will be hoping he fails because that would ultimately prove that TW and his assistant losers have got NFI

Please don't use my posts for your own negative agenda. You opinion adds nothing. You logic is simplistic and flawed.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2009, 08:24:35 AM »

Ahh, so that's where they all went.

Choco has done wonders with all the youngsters delisted by Wallace.
There's been Rodan and........umm.........Rodan and........umm.......umm......

How about youngsters Wallace has delisted who have been swooped on by any coaches and been developed by them?
There's been Rodan and........umm.........Rodan and........umm.......umm.......

And lets not get too carried away with Rodan either.  He was an average footballer with the capacity to excite every now and then and with upsides and downsides (knee reco, fitness, attitude) in a club that was focusing on building an elite midfield.  Rodan himself is the first to admit his attitude wasn't right so collectively it wasn't a bad decision for either club or player and we certainly haven't lost anything by his departure.  He is still only in the middle tier of midfielders at any strong club and we have more than enough of those ourselves.  I'll bet Wallace does't lose a moments sleep over it and frankly, I think history stamps and vindicates the decision as correct.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:04 AM »
Good luck to rodan for making a career for himself at port. People forget the fact that Rodan out of the richmond midfield meant Foley in. Foley took the opportunity and the rest is history.

As for Meyer, his hips are stuffed. No chance of being a regular AFL footballer, injury will not allow it

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:07 AM »

Well said and I am of the same view, I wish he could have starred at RFC but circumstances didn't allow that and with his injuries over the years I wish him the best as well.

And lets not get too carried away with Rodan either.  He was an average footballer with the capacity to excite every now and then and with upsides and downsides (knee reco, fitness, attitude) in a club that was focusing on building an elite midfield.  Rodan himself is the first to admit his attitude wasn't right so collectively it wasn't a bad decision for either club or player and we certainly haven't lost anything by his departure.  He is still only in the middle tier of midfielders at any strong club and we have more than enough of those ourselves.  I'll bet Wallace does't lose a moments sleep over it and frankly, I think history stamps and vindicates the decision as correct.

Another well made comment, Rodan while a good player is nowhere near elite.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »
So what if he's not elite? He has been very good at Port after being delisted - I thought rightly so.

Yep, Foley in has been a win. Not sure which people forget that.
Rodan has still done well at Port.

The only youngster to drop out from Richmond under Wallace and perform elsewhere - my point to Daniel.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
So what if he's not elite? He has been very good at Port after being delisted - I thought rightly so.

The only youngster to drop out from Richmond under Wallace and perform elsewhere - my point to Daniel.

Fish...what about Ty Zantuck?? An absolute gun!  And I hear Tom Roach is ripping it up at North Ballarat:rollin

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2009, 12:51:59 PM »
And don't forget Collard he is the number 1 donut cooker at Krispy Kreme's

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »

My point was that it wasn't Wallace's fault like Daniel was trying to make out.  Rodan has made an attitudinal adjustment that has made the biggest difference and whoever he went to was going to be the beneficiary of that adjustment - not Wallace's fault or cause any more than it was William's.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »
Meyer is named in the Port squad. He'll be wearing #42.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=72252

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:51 PM »
i know he will smash it for Port

Haha, the first thing I did when I saw this post was to save it to replay it again later this year.

Danny Meyer could not get a root in a brothel, let alone kick a goal without sh.itting his pants.

He NOT an AFL footballer, get over it and face the facts, he is RUBBISH!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
Sadly Danny and Richmond didn't work together due to injury and whatever. He may do well at Port if injury-free but obviously Port know there is significant risk too to pick him up as a rookie and not in the draft like they did with Rodan.

Rodan was excellent in his first year at Port when they made the GF but he was very inconsistent last year when Port struggled. Great games mixed with very ordinary and quiet ones as opposition were working him out. Interesting to see how he goes this year and which one is the real Rodan.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd