Author Topic: No Snow = Big Gate next Friday LOL  (Read 2541 times)

PuntRdRoar

No Snow = Big Gate next Friday LOL
« on: July 09, 2006, 10:38:29 AM »
Hopefully theres no snow this week. We need a nice D's turnout. 55,000 people will turn up atleast with a hope we could reach 70,000 if some proper marketing is done. Another big RFC gate coming up!

As to how we win. Well for mine- Schulz and Richo need to play deep in the forward line. Gas needs to beat Neitz. And we need to tag some of there runners. Johnson to play on Johnstone, Polo to go to McDonald, Kellaway goes to Robertson in there forward line, but we have 1 big problem- Aaron Davey...cover Davey and we'll be ok.

letsgetiton!

Re: No Snow = Big Gate next Friday LOL
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »
Hopefully theres no snow this week. We need a nice D's turnout. 55,000 people will turn up atleast with a hope we could reach 70,000 if some proper marketing is done. Another big RFC gate coming up!
match of teh round 4 sure!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 10:59:45 AM »
Green has been ripping em apart lately too - there is a lot for us to cover in this one - Chris Newman is a big blow coming into this also.
Should be a beauty ....

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »
It's no good playing Richo deep in the forward line with Shulz or anyone else in the forward line for that matter unless he learns to curb his selfishness!

His performance in that area against Port in that regard was nothing short of disgaceful.

Perhaps a few games at Coburg are in order until He learns that the 'New Generation' Tigers are a team and that is what is winning them games at the moment.

Offline strav

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 02:08:57 PM »
I guess there won't be much parking at the MCG with all the Range Rovers taking up two spots per vehicle.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 07:08:41 PM »
It's no good playing Richo deep in the forward line with Shulz or anyone else in the forward line for that matter unless he learns to curb his selfishness!

His performance in that area against Port in that regard was nothing short of disgaceful.

Perhaps a few games at Coburg are in order until He learns that the 'New Generation' Tigers are a team and that is what is winning them games at the moment.

I agree with mopsy on this one. I was starting to think I was alone in questioning Richo on this board. I am not sure if we did the right thing signing him for two more years with the guys we have got comming up and with the different TW game plan. I love the effort he is bringing now (most of this season) but I am not sure if he should be in the plans fior very long.

Now I will duck for cover as all the stuff comes flying.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 07:17:09 PM »

I agree with mopsy on this one. I was starting to think I was alone in questioning Richo on this board. I am not sure if we did the right thing signing him for two more years with the guys we have got comming up and with the different TW game plan. I love the effort he is bringing now (most of this season) but I am not sure if he should be in the plans fior very long.

Now I will duck for cover as all the stuff comes flying.

I agree with Fluffy, who agrees with Mopsy on this one.

Move over in the bunker Fluffy.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »
I agree that Richo is past his peak, but he is still a player that could help the club in the next two years.
I don't think we should rely on him to win us games and we haven't been which is good.
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 09:03:10 PM »
Richo two months ago was our most effective player...plenty of second efforts. I would love to see him be part of a successful team...he deserves it. Having said that, it would be good on his part if he realised he is just one cog in the structure now.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »
LOL Ramps. The weather for Friday night is meant to be fine although cold. 60,000 would be a good crowd turnout. Both sides undefeated at the 'G this year.

As for the Dees, Cameron Bruce is another who is on fire. Probably we will play Paddy on him. Rainesy seems the only option for Davey. We're going to need something special from Wallace's bag of tricks this week.

As Ox pointed out on BF, Richo spat the dummy at Sarge. He's not going to change after all these years. I'll let him off the hook on this occasion because he was rusty. Hopefully after a couple of weeks he'll be back to his early season form where he worked his backside for the team with his forward defensive pressure. Leave Sarge at FF and have Richo roam around CHF.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:44:16 PM »

Very harsh Mopsy very harsh.

Richo's work off the ball last night - in particlaur the chasing (when a few others stood around and watched) and the pressure in keeping the ball within the Tiger's F50 (not shown on TV but there for me to see at the Sth Aussie Moron centre - what an interesting place it is) was first rate.

As Ox pointed out on BF, Richo spat the dummy at Sarge. He's not going to change after all these years. I'll let him off the hook on this occasion because he was rusty. Hopefully after a couple of weeks he'll be back to his early season form where he worked his backside for the team with his forward defensive pressure. Leave Sarge at FF and have Richo roam around CHF.

As I said MT it didn't show on the replay but he did that alot last night and didn't get the kudos for it. Saw him chase for at least 40 metres and then back up again shortly afterwards and run another 20 metres

There were 2 other things the TV didn't show regarding Richo:

1/ his leadership in the forward line especially with a couple of the younger blokes was excellent - no great surprise that the media wont mention that because it's far more beneficial to focus on the Richo negatives because it makes good TV. I would argue that it's the first time Richo's gone off for nearly 2 seasons so I have no problem with it because it is not regualr occurence anymore.

2/ He wasn't the only player to give a teammate a spray (not shown on the replay)  ;) but because it wasn't Richo no one cares, no one is interested

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 02:22:42 AM »
Terry agrees with you WP  ;).

Wallace also praised Matthew Richardson for his ability to compete in the air after a four-week absence with a broken wrist.

``First-up, we just wanted him to get to the contest, create the contest, and he did that,'' Wallace said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,19736259%255E20322,00.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 08:36:14 AM »
[
2/ He wasn't the only player to give a teammate a spray (not shown on the replay)  ;) but because it wasn't Richo no one cares, no one is interested

Thank you WP.  Anyone would think Richo is the only person in the AFL to give his team mates a spray. The commentators did mention something about Johnson not being happy about one particular passage of play.   Didn't anyone see Nathan Buckley go off his brain the week before?  And as MT said, it's the first time in ages and he has been away for a few weeks - give the guy a break.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 01:38:22 PM »
Thank you WP.  Anyone would think Richo is the only person in the AFL to give his team mates a spray. The commentators did mention something about Johnson not being happy about one particular passage of play.   Didn't anyone see Nathan Buckley go off his brain the week before?  And as MT said, it's the first time in ages and he has been away for a few weeks - give the guy a break.

Your welcome Julz  ;D

I get really annoyed when the big fella gets singled out. Week after week I see other players in the comp give teammates spray and nothing gets said but with Richo  ::) ::) well you'd think it's earth shattering like the world was about to stop turning and we were all about to drop off ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 06:02:45 PM »
First game back after an injury - i think we can cut him some slack.
Must also be frustrating seeing the team succeed without him sitting on the sidelines.
He would be pretty keen to make an impact and when he doesn't as he expects, frustrations arise.
He'll be okay  :thumbsup