Author Topic: official Tiger team -v- Collingwood Rd 2  (Read 1861 times)

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: official Tiger team -v- Collingwood Rd 2
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 08:50:08 PM »
I'm disappointed with Rioli going out, but think it is fair enough to be careful with young players with injuries.  A week off wont hurt him that much.  The upside is debuting another youngster!  Go Shorty!   ;D     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »
Rioli copped a corkie last week

Hasn't come up

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »
I'm happy Short is being given an opportunity and good luck to him.. But the other 2 ins are just nothing footballers taking us nowhere....  Dimma at his best at selection once again.

I'd also hope Rioli has a niggle otherwise that decision is just as astounding as playing the other 2 duds.

And lastly not playing Lennon shows what I have been told by a bloke at the club, that Dimma is not a fan. With as many injuries as we have at the moment it says he doesn't rate Lennon in the top 26/28 players on our list.
Let's face it, it couldn't be that hard to be one of Hardwicks favourites, you don't even have to be good at footy (see Hampsud, Morris etc. ) A blind man and his dog can see that Lennon has some footy tricks but he mustn't be doing what Dumma likes to see during training etc. I suspect he's either lazy or just looks as though he's cruising at half pace. I also suspect his defensive efforts are not up to standards too.   
As far as I could tell Newmans spot was his if he wanted it but if your a decent player but can't get a gig in this squad there's got to be something wrong with attitude.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 10:41:27 PM »
I'm happy Short is being given an opportunity and good luck to him.. But the other 2 ins are just nothing footballers taking us nowhere....  Dimma at his best at selection once again.

I'd also hope Rioli has a niggle otherwise that decision is just as astounding as playing the other 2 duds.

And lastly not playing Lennon shows what I have been told by a bloke at the club, that Dimma is not a fan. With as many injuries as we have at the moment it says he doesn't rate Lennon in the top 26/28 players on our list.
Let's face it, it couldn't be that hard to be one of Hardwicks favourites, you don't even have to be good at footy (see Hampsud, Morris etc. ) A blind man and his dog can see that Lennon has some footy tricks but he mustn't be doing what Dumma likes to see during training etc. I suspect he's either lazy or just looks as though he's cruising at half pace. I also suspect his defensive efforts are not up to standards too.   
As far as I could tell Newmans spot was his if he wanted it but if your a decent player but can't get a gig in this squad there's got to be something wrong with attitude.
The thing is, if you are not going to play our number 1 draft pick from a couple of years ago, when most, if not all would agree he is good enough to be in the side, especially when we have about 5 or 6 injuries from our side, than trade him when he wants out.
From memory he kicked 4 goals in the twos last week and from all reports played pretty well, and with us struggling to kick a winning score, don't you think he would have been the obvious choice this week?
It's human nature to have favorites and have people you just don't like in life, but you would hope it wouldn't get in the way of a coach picking the best side each week to try and win every game.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 10:45:14 PM »
Li am gob smacked and dumbfounded that lennon isnt in.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 11:23:43 PM »

The thing is, if you are not going to play our number 1 draft pick from a couple of years ago, when most, if not all would agree he is good enough to be in the side, especially when we have about 5 or 6 injuries from our side, than trade him when he wants out.
From memory he kicked 4 goals in the twos last week and from all reports played pretty well, and with us struggling to kick a winning score, don't you think he would have been the obvious choice this week?
It's human nature to have favorites and have people you just don't like in life, but you would hope it wouldn't get in the way of a coach picking the best side each week to try and win every game.
I agree with everything you've said and for that reason alone the only logical reason I can come up with is attitude. Why else wouldn't he get picked then?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 11:48:05 PM »
Couldn't care less if he's willful as long as he's skillful....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 06:34:36 AM »
Uninspiring selections of Grigg and Hunt. Good luck to Short. Would have brought in Lennon as well.