Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118949 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #795 on: April 20, 2024, 05:10:09 PM »
Noah Balta on the track, returned to training, participating in content based drills as well

On track for a return.

https://twitter.com/jamesdevennn/status/1781476028147527704

Offline Wazza

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #796 on: Yesterday at 10:25:30 PM »
Question for all.

With Balta possibly back next week it will be much needed for us having a strong tall fwd option. Lefau has done a brilliant job so far and continues improving each week. But this has me thinking.....

When our man Lynch returns how are we going to go with Balta, Lynch, Lefau fwd? I'm wondering if we would be better off sending Balta back south to def and have Lynch, Lefau, Bolton and Dusty fwd. That is if Lefau is still having a crack.

Clearly what Yze wants will be what Yze does but was curious what everyones line of thoughts may be?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #797 on: Yesterday at 10:45:55 PM »
I'd drop Grimes and put Balta back.....Lefau, Dusty, Cumbo forward....Ryan in for Naishyte.... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #798 on: Yesterday at 10:52:43 PM »
Question for all.

With Balta possibly back next week it will be much needed for us having a strong tall fwd option. Lefau has done a brilliant job so far and continues improving each week. But this has me thinking.....

When our man Lynch returns how are we going to go with Balta, Lynch, Lefau fwd? I'm wondering if we would be better off sending Balta back south to def and have Lynch, Lefau, Bolton and Dusty fwd. That is if Lefau is still having a crack.

Clearly what Yze wants will be what Yze does but was curious what everyones line of thoughts may be?

I think Lefau has been the highlight of a dismal year - it’s wonderful he’s getting an opportunity this early in his career. However I think with a fit Balta and Lynch, he goes back to the VFL to work on his forward craft .
I have no confidence in Lynch and his availability these days - I can see a future where Balta and Lefau become  our forward weapons .
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #799 on: Yesterday at 10:57:21 PM »
Question for all.

I want Balta in defense having argued for years he needs to play fwd, go figure.
Thing to remember Balta and Lefau in particular are not your typical key forwards they are quick and agile enough to play as mids maybe. This actually allows you to play a slower power player like Lynch with them.
Don't look at em as KPP'S but agile third talls.

Look at freo tonight Treacy, Amiss and Jackson. Just put dangerous smalls at their feet and bobs your uncle.
Think a young Buddy franklin or a very early Richo just total night mares to match up on and Buddy in particular let the opposition know he was about when it came to tackles.
Both early days were basically tall hff.

I remember the Hawthorn set up  very well from 2013 Roughead, Franklin and Gunston with Rioli Puopolo and Bruest at their feet.
Too tall and slow nope.

Offline Wazza

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #800 on: Yesterday at 11:25:13 PM »
Question for all.

I want Balta in defense having argued for years he needs to play fwd, go figure.
Thing to remember Balta and Lefau in particular are not your typical key forwards they are quick and agile enough to play as mids maybe. This actually allows you to play a slower power player like Lynch with them.
Don't look at em as KPP'S but agile third talls.

Look at freo tonight Treacy, Amiss and Jackson. Just put dangerous smalls at their feet and bobs your uncle.
Think a young Buddy franklin or a very early Richo just total night mares to match up on and Buddy in particular let the opposition know he was about when it came to tackles.
Both early days were basically tall hff.

I remember the Hawthorn set up  very well from 2013 Roughead, Franklin and Gunston with Rioli Puopolo and Bruest at their feet.
Too tall and slow nope.

Balta is such an athlete that he can be anything. But as you said, Balta in Dee is key. I remember him powering onto the scene early on, but felt he never got a fair run under Dimma, which I reckon slowed his progress. Mind you this has happened to many of our players in the past

Agree also on Lefau. They should him on the ball and see how he goes. Not all game, but just enough to get a feel of the game and exploit his strength on the man.

Totally agree on how a fwd setup should go. But as you know, it really takes time and drafting luck to get the talls that have that presence on ground (thank god we have had lynch) but then have smalls that gets in the right spot is the next drama we face. Bolton the exception for the moment.

Bottoming out for a short term will hopefully strengthen of draft hand and in turn our quality players.