Author Topic: Cogs faces driving ban - caught talking on his mobile while driving (Herald-Sun)  (Read 872 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's Mark Coughlan facing driving ban
Aaron Langmaid and Brendan Roberts
April 15, 2009

RICHMOND footy star Mark Coughlan is facing a long driving ban after being caught talking on his mobile phone while driving.

It was the latest in a string of run-ins with traffic police.

He could be off the road for three months after losing the last of his demerit points.

Coughlan, 27, was nabbed on Monday - the same day the Tigers crashed to an embarrassing defeat against the Bulldogs. The club confirmed he was pulled over in Richmond and a fine was issued.

Coughlan is on the comeback trail after two knee reconstructions.

The 2003 best and fairest winner has impressed in the VFL and was a contender to play against the Bulldogs, but his return was delayed a week.

A spokesman would not speculate on whether Coughlan's brush with the law would affect his return.

Coughlan was one of more than 12,000 Victorians booked for traffic offences over the Easter holidays.

More than 600 motorists were caught for drink-driving under a police offensive that booked hundreds more for speeding, talking on mobiles and driving without a licence.

Supt Kevin Casey said motorists continued to ignore the road safety message and take chances on the road.

The top five trouble spots for Easter road offences were Moreland, Dandenong, Bendigo, Benalla and the city.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25335773-2862,00.html

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
At least now he will get fitter :lol

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
shock horror, big news  :wallywink

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Slow news day??

Did we have double points over Easter? That would have been 6 points in one go for talking on his mobile.
I've been done for it before answering a call to say I was driving and would call them back
Was already on the zero points 12 months probation, got done 11 months into it and lost my license for 6 months

Tigermonk

what utter rubbish

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Who cares  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

You'd think the media outlets would get all the facts since this is so newsworthy. :whistle
I want to know who he was on the phone too. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Just another tax

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
You'd think the media outlets would get all the facts since this is so newsworthy. :whistle
I want to know who he was on the phone too. :lol :rollin :lol

Obviously not Ben Cousins becuase then it would have made front page news  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)