Author Topic: Ins/outs for round 2  (Read 3208 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ins/outs for round 2
« on: March 31, 2005, 06:48:56 PM »
In: Stafford, Hartigan, Raines

No outs as yet.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Ins/outs for round 2
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:03:02 PM »
Pretty much what everyone thought  :thumbsup.

Raines in for Roach. Tivs could be the big "name" to go.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:14:06 PM »
I'll stick my head up and say Tivendale will play, no names will be dropped.

Hall, Pettifer and Roach will miss
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 09:17:16 PM »
Hard on Pettifer, I know he didn't do much, but you'd take 3 goals from your forward pocket as a decent return.

My tips for the outs are Roach (needs form in the 2's, was a surprise selection last week), Hall (no need for the extra height in defence against the Hawks) and Tivendale (needs the Bowden 2004 treatment).

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 09:29:26 PM »
Hard on Pettifer, I know he didn't do much, but you'd take 3 goals from your forward pocket as a decent return.

My tips for the outs are Roach (needs form in the 2's, was a surprise selection last week), Hall (no need for the extra height in defence against the Hawks) and Tivendale (needs the Bowden 2004 treatment).

On the ball as usual jezza thats how i see it too.
GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 11:10:58 PM »
No garuntee all 3 will come in.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 11:14:57 PM »
My thoughts

Hall out
Stafford in.

Bowden to go back to CHB roving - get his hands on the footy.  Knobel to drop back when Stafford Rucks around the ground.

Roach out
Hartigan in

Roach was asked to run with James Kelly for periods last week.  I cannot help but think Hartigan would have been much more suited to this role than Roach.

Pettifer Out
Raines in

Pettifer, whilst kicking 3 last week, did not assert himself in the forward line at all.  Brown, coming off the flu, should have a better game this week, and with the addition of Raines in the midfield, it keeps Brown on the forward line the whole time, Jonno back in the guts, Chaff to tag Crawford (who still manages a heap of possessions) - and Tivva out on the wing to play a much more open brand of breaking the line footy.  Newman and Hyde will take the rest of the on ball duties

My thoughts anyway   :thumbsup

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 12:42:56 AM »
Fair enough LT. Personally I'd prefer to see Pettifer get another go, whilst not doing much, I'd take 3 goals from a forward pocket any day. I think Tivendale could use the Bowden treatment to get his form back, I know he's been told he's got 2 months max to prove himself, but he's played a long streak of consecutive games now whilst being in pretty poor form, continuing to play him hasn't worked, dropping him is the obvious next step.

I agree with your positional changes though, and that to me is more important than the players in and out. Tivendale needs to be moved out of defence, as does Johnson, both have more to offer the team elsewhere and deficiencies won't be exploited as blatently. Bowden should be moved back into defence, as it is only when he is there that he becomes accountable. It should also lift the standard of disposal out of our backline. No need for Hall given Stafford should come in and the Hawks are fairly short, so Joel would be a good match for someone like Holland or Barker, whom he can run off easily.

Forward line still looks good to me and should be given another game to work together. Richo, Simmonds, Brown, Krakouer, Campbell and Deledio make a great starting 6.

I still like the midfield combo of Cogs, Tuck and Hyde and think they have a lot of improvement as a group. Tuck and Hyde have been the two best players at sticking to the gameplan and deserve credit for that while so many others abandoned it when the going got tough. A key will be who comes into the midfield in the 2nd quarter, things fell away when we changed it against Geelong. A fitter Brown and Johnson should help in this area.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 02:32:24 AM »
Jezza, absolutely agree on the midfield.

Cogs, Hyde, Tuck.

Chaff run with Crawford off a wing

Raines or Tivva on the other wing.  (Tivva to start on the ground - if he cannot get into the game on the wing - banished to the bench)

Newman, Bowden, Jonno running off the Half Back flank

Hartigan, Gaspar, Graham (or Kellaway) last line of defence

Knobel following Everitt down forward, or dropping loose man in defence.
Looking forward to this game.

Nearly took the Tigers at over 39 points....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 02:43:51 AM »
Agree with Jezza that Pettifer should get another go. Although I've never believed he is forward, he did get 3 goals in a forward line on the end of pitiful delivery from the midfield. Tivs should be dropped back to Coburg or played off a HFF (but not on Joel Smith). He's doesn't have the accountablity to play in defence (rather Pettifer there in fact). Personally I don't think Wallace will throw out the pre-season structure so I don't reckon Bowden will be moved back to CHB.

As for the midfield it was interesting to see that Newman had 6 centre bounce clearances last week. Daylight ahead of anyone else.

Hawks midfield will be stronger this week with Sam Mitchell back. We need to nullify Everitt although we have 3 ruckman this week instead of just Ben Marsh and Razor last time  :help. No wonder Spider had a field day. Other Hawks we seem to have trouble with is Joel Smith off a HBF, Crawf and Mitchell in the centre, and Williams up in their forward line. That's why I'd like to see both Hartigan and Raines come in. We need more ballwinners to rotate through the midfield.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 08:54:45 AM »
hall, roach and jackson wil be dropped for the 3

but hartigan says he isnt ready and will play in the 2nds this week so i think if thats the case, hall and roach/jackson will miss out and staff and raines will come in

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 09:31:12 AM »
I'd like to see Kellaway, Chaffey and Krakouer out.  The first 2 not up to it (TW will find out the hard way that Chaffey cannot tag) and Krakouer needs a severe fick up the ar$e.

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 10:21:13 AM »
X why do you say Jackson will go out?  I'd be more than a bit surprised if he was one of the players to lose his spot, especially given what TW's been saying about trying to get as many games into these young players as quickly as possible and how he praised his efforts late in the game last week.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 05:56:57 PM »
In: Stafford, Hartigan
Out: Hall, Roach

Apart from thinking Raines should have got a go not unhappy with those changes.

Bulluss

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 06:11:33 PM »
i know that Robert Campbell is injured for them and wont play, but if they put Spider forward we have no one to play on him. I would have thought that would have got Hall a game that reason.