Author Topic: AGM - 6pm, Wednesday, 25th January  (Read 3221 times)

Moi

Re: AGM - 6pm, Wednesday, 25th January
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 10:16:40 PM »
I wasn't happy with something once, and i wrote to Leon Daphne on the day of the AGM.  Not expecting him to address my letter (and i really can't remember what it was about now - was about 10 years ago) he answered my letter at the AGM in front of everyone.  Was really good.  I think maybe if David just wrote to them and asked them to address his questions at the AGM like Leon did, be better than him constantly getting up every year and boring the crap out of everybody lol.  He's got every right to ask questions, but you get the feeling he is never happy with our club and you wonder why he still supports them.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 10:39:11 PM »
David thinks his bigger then the club, and he won't stop his poo until his made president.  ::)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 12:04:02 AM »
I think he's alright Razor.
His passion for the club is obvious and, like many others, he is keen to help however he can. He's also very knowledgable on things RFC.
He just waffles on a bit at AGM's when things at the club are not being run the way he thinks they should be.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 02:47:18 AM »
Top report WP  :cheers

I got there late because of the traffic - stupid time 6.00pm from those of us who don't work in the city  >:(

:clapping

Or those of us still at work  :-\.  

This one was a boring one :rollin :rollin here I thought it might get a bit "fiesty" because of the Gary March/CSI legal stuff but I was wrong. Only about 100-200 people there. Smallest crowd I'd seen in a while which is usually a sign that life is pretty peacefull at tigerland ;)

Sheesh that's a small turnout. I was always lead to believe these things were chockers but maybe I still thinking of the Town Hall days as RT mentioned. Anyway it justifies not wasting tens of thousands of dollars on a unnecessary board election only a year after a full board election.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »
All members are entitled to ask as many questions as they need, especially as it helps build the trust of members.  Although, as others have said, some may never reach that point, which is disappointing and could be harmful to RFC if people don’t get the answers they need to allow things to remain stable.

One good question asked was about the candidates who had recently nominated for election to the Board, only to withdraw their nominations prior to the deadline, after conversations with some members of the Board.

In reply to this question, Gary March said that if any member wanted to nominate for election to the board they are entitled to do so.  No guns were aimed at the heads of any candidate to withdraw their nomination.  It was their choice and had they wanted to continue could have done so, because no one could stop them.

The reason Directors had contacted any candidate was to gain an understanding of the reasons why they were standing for election and what they saw as being wrong in the way things were headed at the moment and to also see what they had to offer the Board. 
Following discussions, GM understood that Jim G. was comfortable with the decision he had made to withdraw his nomination.  (Although, I see in the Herald Sun that Jim G. was quoted as saying "I've been pressured out of it,").

I wholeheartedly agree that members should decide who is elected to the RFC Board.  But following the explanation by GM, there didn’t seem to be anything underhanded, or unreasonable in the way the situation was handled.  If anything, it was responsible management that candidates were spoken to.

RFC could’ve held an election, but it was obvious, from the outset, that nothing was to be gained.  And the candidates themselves had a choice to continue, but chose not to; which is interesting.  Good on them for putting RFC first.

One of the reasons Jim G. nominated was because members were angry that Gary March was elected as President.  As GM himself explained, the action against his company is of a ‘civil’, rather than criminal nature and no Directors of that company are under investigation.

We seem to have stability at the moment, but if people are prepared to de-stabilise things, on the basis of their perception of how things are, rather than reality, then we could go backwards in a hurry.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Just reward for a couple of low-key Tigers (RFC site)
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 04:54:07 PM »
Just reward for a couple of low-key Tigers . . .
2:29:21 PM Fri 27 January, 2006
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Two of Richmond's "quietest achievers" took centre stage at the Club's Annual General Meeting at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Melbourne, last Wednesday evening when they were honored with Life Membership of the Tigers.

Mark Chaffey and Andy Kellaway were warmly received by the members of the Tiger faith in attendance, when they stepped up to accept their Life Membership accolade.

The pair, who shun the limelight, preferring to go about their football business with a minimum of fuss, became the focus of attention as they reflected on their time at Tigerland.

Interestingly, the league careers of Chaffey and Kellaway have taken strikingly similar paths.

Chaffey, who was a 2nd round selection (No. 35 overall) in the 1996 National Draft, made his senior league debut in 1997, but didn't establish himself as a senior regular at Richmond until 2000.

Since then, he has developed into one of the Tigers' most consistent performers, being used effectively as a small defender, and also as a 'run-with' player in more recent times.

The 28-year-old, a veteran of 160 games, is meticulous in his football preparation and possesses an excellent work ethic.

Kellaway, who turned 30 last November, actually started his career at Tigerland on the Club's supplementary list, and was a member of the reserves premiership side in 1997 under Jeff Gieschen.

At the end of that year, he was chosen by Richmond at pick No. 71 in the National Draft, and he made his senior league debut with the Tigers the following season.

It wasn't until 2000, however, that Kellaway's AFL career took off. He played every game that season, took the most number of marks at the Club (161), and capped off his efforts by winning the prestigious Jack Dyer Medal, as well as earning All-Australian selection.

With his wonderful courage, discipline, determination and durability, Andrew Kellaway has gone on to become an integral part of the Richmond line-up. He has now played 157 senior league games and, like Mark Chaffey, has been a fine servant of the Club.

At the AGM, it was also announced that star Tiger defender Darren Gaspar had returned to the playing leadership group for 2006.

Gaspar joins Matthew Richardson and Joel Bowden as a deputy vice-captain of the Club, with Nathan Brown being reappointed vice-captain and Kane Johnson retaining the captaincy.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=243721

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Just reward for a couple of low-key Tigers (RFC site)
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 04:59:42 PM »
Only Tivs to go to praise every Tiger over the summer ;D.

Seriously congrats to Chaffey and Chubba. Chubba's kicking use to be unfairly lobbed in with that of his  brother but he had his best season last year IMHO and we missed him badly with his run out of the backline when he got injured.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Just reward for a couple of low-key Tigers (RFC site)
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »
Kellaway, who turned 30 last November, actually started his career at Tigerland on the Club's supplementary list, and was a member of the reserves premiership side in 1997 under Jeff Gieschen.

At the end of that year, he was chosen by Richmond at pick No. 71 in the National Draft, and he made his senior league debut with the Tigers the following season.

And what a debut. Gave Garry Lyon an absolute towelling.  :)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2006, 05:09:19 PM »
Congratuations to both, especially Chubba.  Coming in as a rookie and to achieve life membership at a club goes to show it's not the end if a kid doesn't get drafted.