Author Topic: Cousins to wear the #32 guernsey  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: What Number Will Ben Cousins Wear?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 10:39:52 PM »
I like the tradition we have started with the captain's jumper and surely part of that tradition is the 'retirement' of the old number - there is some respect in that action too.  Give him another number - he will have enough pressure and notoriety without choosing 'focus' numbers too.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that whatever number the captain had before taking the role was put under temporary retirement to make sure it was available if and when they gave up the captaincy. If that is the case, although 1 seems popular the club wont do it. What number did he waer at WCE, would our player with the same number be prepared to give it up for a while?

I wouldn't think Cotchin would give up Number 9 to accomodate Cousins.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 10:59:27 PM »
Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that whatever number the captain had before taking the role was put under temporary retirement to make sure it was available if and when they gave up the captaincy. If that is the case, although 1 seems popular the club wont do it. What number did he waer at WCE, would our player with the same number be prepared to give it up for a while?

I dont think so either really i was only thinking out loud. 
BUT, if it did happen Cotchin would be able to get it back after 2-3 years anway and still have enough time to wear it for 10 years one would hope.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »
Chris Newman - No.17 (09-12)

i think Newman will captain for 4 years.

Ben Cousins i think will play maxium 3 years - so give him No.1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »

I dont think so either really i was only thinking out loud. 
BUT, if it did happen Cotchin would be able to get it back after 2-3 years anway and still have enough time to wear it for 10 years one would hope.
Carl Peterson wore 28 for the year he was with us while Sugar was captain in the 17. They wanted all the indigenous players to have their lockers next to each other with Krak, Peterson, JON and Blingers (27-30).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cuz to wear #32 jumper (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 02:22:57 AM »
Richmond Tigers waste no time giving Ben Cousins the number 32 jumper
Staff writer | December 17, 2008

TIGER cub Daniel Trembath can't wait to lay eyes on his new favourite player - Brownlow medallist Ben Cousins.

The Richmond fan, 6, yesterday snapped up the first in what is tipped to be a mountain of No. 32 jumpers sold at the club's Punt Rd headquarters in coming days.

Cousins will wear the No. 32 jumper vacated by retiring Tiger Greg Tivendale.

The famous No. 9 he wore during a glittering 238-game career at the West Coast was unavailable - it had been snapped up by emerging young gun Trent Cotchin.

The Richmond faithful are salivating at the prospect of a midfield boasting the likes of Cousins, Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley, Mark Coughlan and former skipper Kane Johnson.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24811644-2862,00.html

Moi

Re: Cousins to wear the #32 guernsey
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 05:16:50 AM »
A friend was at Knox city yesterday and said the shop there was going gangbusters on the No. 32

Tivva was a popular lad lol

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 08:23:53 AM »
Remember how much X loved Tiva.  Someone should buy a 32 jumper and send it to him.

Ox

Re: Cuz to wear #32 jumper (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 08:43:51 AM »

The Richmond faithful are salivating at the prospect of a midfield boasting the likes of Cousins, Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley, Mark Coughlan and former skipper Kane Johnson.

Who's salvatating over johnson and coughlan  :wallywink

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 10:00:23 AM »
No.32 Ben Cousins

:)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »

Who's salvatating over johnson and coughlan  :wallywink

Very true

something tells me though it will be johnsons best year for the club.

he should have let the captaincy go years ago, he wasn't worth it
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rbartlett

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »

Number 32 it is!
I will give a bit of the history of the guernsey this evening and post it on this site.

Interesting to see what the Official Richmond site has and hasnt got yet.
- I put a screen dump on my site of the club, promoting Cousins,- but not having a headshot photo!

www.rhettrospective.com
Rhett Bartlett.

bushranger

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 03:39:53 PM »
I could be stepping on toes here but I would think the number that the captain use to wear would be place into retirerment while he was captain. And once he has finished in that job the he would automatically go back to that number.
If it was up to me this is the way I would do it. Though other will disagree with it I think it is a good idea.
So I would say no to everyone wanting to wear the number 1 no matter who it was.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »
I could be stepping on toes here but I would think the number that the captain use to wear would be place into retirerment while he was captain. And once he has finished in that job the he would automatically go back to that number.
If it was up to me this is the way I would do it. Though other will disagree with it I think it is a good idea.
So I would say no to everyone wanting to wear the number 1 no matter who it was.

I thought that was how they did it anyway.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
  Big boots to fill Ben   dont let my #32 down

eat em alive 632RFC

Richmond Tigers waste no time giving Ben Cousins the number 32 jumper
Staff writer | December 17, 2008

TIGER cub Daniel Trembath can't wait to lay eyes on his new favourite player - Brownlow medallist Ben Cousins.

The Richmond fan, 6, yesterday snapped up the first in what is tipped to be a mountain of No. 32 jumpers sold at the club's Punt Rd headquarters in coming days.

Cousins will wear the No. 32 jumper vacated by retiring Tiger Greg Tivendale.

The famous No. 9 he wore during a glittering 238-game career at the West Coast was unavailable - it had been snapped up by emerging young gun Trent Cotchin.

EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench