Author Topic: Rate a player's year: Shane Edwards  (Read 1143 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a player's year: Shane Edwards
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »
Next up is Shane Edwards.

Backed up 16 games in his debut year with another 16 in 2008. He came back into the side with Jack in a thumping round 4 win over Freo in Perth. Achieved a Brownlow vote for his 15 possessions and 3.3 against the Bombers in the dreamtime game before two quiet games in losses to Adelaide and Sydney saw him dropped back to Coburg. Earned a recall once again for a game in Perth in our flogging of the Eagles, and then played out the year in the seniors.

Games  Disposals  Marks  Tackles  G.B
2007:    16         10.3       3.4       2.2     11.7
2008:    16         11.6       2.9       1.9     12.11

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1728&SeasonID=ALL

How did we all rate Edwards' year?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Rate a player's year: Shane Edwards
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:24:43 PM »
Steady improvement..... needs to work on 2 things

1/ His kicking for goal, set shots in particular. He misses some easy ones  :P and for a small forward (which is what he is at the moment) is a sin

2/ Needs to put on some Kgs. Send him to the local KFC, McDonalds, the BBQ chicken shop or the local fish & chip shop for a daily steak sandwich - but the kid needs some beefing up!!!!!!!!!   ;D

7/10
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:44:37 PM »
Agree on those two areas he needs to work on WP. Needs to use his natural endurance to win more of the ball and work on more consistency as well to go to the next level and gain more on-ground time.

5.5/10.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:58:26 PM »
put him up for trade.

Another skinny pocket flanker who will bring us down. His stats show he produced a similar year than the last.

The Richmond FC have no stuffin dea and i bet the like of Edwards, Thursfield will be no more heavier than what they were this year.

If they are not going to turn these anorexic players into men then get rid of them.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:32:10 PM »
Growing Tiger Cub.

Lots of class, just needs more exposure and he will be TIGERIFFIC in 2009.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »
put him up for trade.

Another skinny pocket flanker who will bring us down. His stats show he produced a similar year than the last.

The Richmond FC have no effin dea and i bet the like of Edwards, Thursfield will be no more heavier than what they were this year.

If they are not going to turn these anorexic players into men then get rid of them.
You idiot

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »
put him up for trade.

The Richmond FC have no effin dea and i bet the like of Edwards, Thursfield will be no more heavier than what they were this year.

1561 posts full of crap.

Give up pal and join the Blues. They love *************** like you.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 09:54:18 PM »
put him up for trade.

1561 posts full of crap.

why thank you stuffwit

truth hurts does it

We are the weakest team in the league. No muscle and strength whatsoever apart from a select few.

All the rage about tackling yet we are still the worst in the league for most tackles....hahahahaha Great job TW.
What a stuffin joke.

We need to build strength and if you are happy with Edwards being skinny alongside Mcmahon and perhaps Farren Ray then good on you pal

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:24:43 AM »
put him up for trade.

1561 posts full of crap.

why thank you effwit

truth hurts does it

We are the weakest team in the league. No muscle and strength whatsoever apart from a select few.

All the rage about tackling yet we are still the worst in the league for most tackles....hahahahaha Great job TW.
What a effin joke.

We need to build strength and if you are happy with Edwards being skinny alongside Mcmahon and perhaps Farren Ray then good on you pal

Edwards was drafted in 2006. It is now 2008.

He is doing a good job to get a game Dannybhoy.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 08:17:25 AM »
put him up for trade.

1561 posts full of crap.

why thank you effwit

truth hurts does it

What a effin joke.

I understand that but i am sick of death of having a team who cant even lay a tackle because they are too raw.

Who is the conditioning/weights coach. That preson needs to be sacked immediately.

Look at players like Petts, Tivers, Hyde, Tambling. Been in the business for a while now but are skeletons.

We are the laughing stock of the AFL. My mrs has bigger arms than those 4

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
put him up for trade.

1561 posts full of crap.

why thank you effwit

truth hurts does it

What a effin joke.

I understand that but i am sick of death of having a team who cant even lay a tackle because they are too raw.

Who is the conditioning/weights coach. That preson needs to be sacked immediately.

Look at players like Petts, Tivers, Hyde, Tambling. Been in the business for a while now but are skeletons.

We are the laughing stock of the AFL. My mrs has bigger arms than those 4

He has been, and was instantly poached by West Coast.  :whistle
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 11:55:11 AM »
He was never sacked by Richmond, he was simply head hunted/poached

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 01:23:18 PM »
He was never sacked by Richmond, he was simply head hunted/poached

Whatever happened to him, he was a useless idiot really.

What has he accomplished at punt Road?
a bunch of skeletons thats what.

W are last in tackles in 2008, despite the TW rage if you cant tackle your out of the side.
Well that worked a treat now didn't it. Loser.

we are weak as pee.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
Warren Koefed is very highly regarded, but he is more of a running coach, not our head trainer, I can't remember his name off the top of my head.
As for the light bodies, you'll get that when half of your side has less than 50 games experience