Author Topic: Richmond vs Essendon @ the MCG - Dreamtime at the 'G - Round 10, 2019  (Read 4857 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Bachar won the Yiooken award for best on ground  :clapping
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Lynch??? what happened?
Don't know but hoping isn't nothing serious  :pray. I didn't see him with any ice on his body or legs.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Sort of expect at least one injury per week, certainly having one of the worst injury runs I can remember.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
They switched off in the last. Against a top 4 side that would result in a belting. I’m happy we banked the 4 points. I hope lynch is ok
Yep. We came out after 3/4 time half asleep thinking the job was done. A lesson that you can't do that against any side. Thankfully it didn't cost us the 4 points (a missed chance for % though) and as you say lamington we bank another win which is the main thing given all our key outs. Move on now to Norf next week.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Wins that we bank against decent* opp are so valuable at this stage of the season and with our injuries.

That’s the biggest positive I take out of this game.

*Essendon count as reasonable I suppose.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Wins that we bank against decent* opp are so valuable at this stage of the season and with our injuries.

That’s the biggest positive I take out of this game.

*Essendon count as reasonable I suppose.
Top 4 and premiership contenders wasn't it during the preseason  :lol.

Bomber fans on their forum bomberblitz were talking all week about tonight being their season's grand final. Always fun to show them up as pretenders :yep. That's 9 wins in a row against the Dons  :thumbsup.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
It brings me great joy beating the bombers. This is definitely up there given our outs . Other great wins include getting on top when we had to win 9 in a row and of course Martin tearing them one in 2017

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Match highlights: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-05-25/round-10-match-highlights

Team Song: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-05-25/team-song-richmond

I watched those highlights and boy it wasn't pretty.

But not sure why seeing Stringer icing a hammy on the bench and Shiel indicating to the bench he had just strained his were highlights.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
Im happy we are accumulating the 4 points. We are giving ourselves a chance to get to September where it becomes a 4 week season and anything can happen. A top 4 finish... and if we get our players back and in good form ... who knows   ;D

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Not a game for the time capsule - but it was a win full of admiration regardless.

Our system is holding up and to be 7-3 after the nightmarish injury/suspension  run we have endured is just remarkable.

To see all these new blokes come in and they all have X factor - makes me realise how far we have come in the past decade.
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
It's definitely an open year. The Pies at full strength will/would be favourites but they are starting to get a few injuries. Right now for us is just about hanging in there and scoring as many wins as we can so we are in a position (high on the ladder, best players back & at top form) when it matters in September to have a genuine shot at it.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Watched the replay for the first time tonight, few things I noticed:

Umpires were so hot on us for “stepping off the mark” and calling play on; for blokes who seemingly hadn’t moved off the line (something I thought was the case live). Was annoying and more than slight disadvantage given the conditions. This occurred almost exclusively against us.

Higgo seems half a yard off it at the moment. He’s a polished player in that he finishes well etc but he’s not reading the play as well as he was last year.

Stack is a gun. Balta looking more and more like he’s ready to tear this competition apart. Baker looking like he’s found touch at the top standard.

Shedders was a little stiff and should have won another Yiookin. He will retire a legend of the club.

Dusty is back.

Edit: Prestia deserves a mention as well. Easily playing his most impactful footy since coming across.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Worsfold)

RICHMOND v ESSENDON
10 Bachar Houli (RICH)
7 Dustin Martin (RICH)
7 Shane Edwards (RICH)
4 Dion Prestia (RICH)
1 Liam Baker (RICH)
1 Dylan Grimes (RICH)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-27/coaches-votes-r10-star-cat-breaks-clear-big-pie-surges

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Probably the way I would have voted being at the game.... :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.