Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 881808 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4725 on: April 23, 2019, 07:21:56 AM »
A friend of mine who works in orthotics tells me dusty hated the pumas. They were really uncomfortable and required a serious wedge just so he could run in them
Sand or pitching?

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4726 on: April 23, 2019, 11:15:04 AM »
Haha that’s a good term? Sorry I’m completely ignorant on that matter. And WP in response to your comment, absolutely! It’s all about the pay cheque. Orthotics friend eluded to the fact that from not just dusty but other external influences that he could just take the cheque and really modify the boot. But comfort wise without inserts apparently the Nikes are vastly superior

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4727 on: April 23, 2019, 01:32:52 PM »
Dusty rips up massive footy deal

Alex Blair
News.com.au
23 April 2019

Dustin Martin has curiously split from his deal with Puma barely a year after signing a huge four-year extension with the sportswear giant.

The Richmond superstar has been on Puma for five years and re-signed with the apparel company worth a rumoured $500,000 following his blockbuster Brownlow season in 2017.

Channel Seven’s Tom Browne broke the news last night on Talking Footy after being shared a statement from Puma.

At first glance, it appears Martin and Puma could not come to an agreement on the latest design of boot provided.

“Puma have been working closely with Martin through a trainsision (sic) period to the new syle (sic) of boot but through this process it has been agreed upon by both parties to end the relationship,” the statement read.

“We have loved working with Dustin and watching him go from strength to strength throughout his career. For the moment, our journey with Dustin has come to an end and we wish him all the best for the remainder of the 2019 season and for what the future holds,” Puma Oceania General Manager Pancho Gutstein said.

Martin was over the moon in 2018 after signing the extension, which saw him join Puma ambassadors Usain Bolt and Rihanna.

“To be considered by a global brand to be in the same category as people like (Usain) Bolt and Rihanna is really humbling, and I’m proud to be part of the PUMA team for the next 4 years,” he said when he signed the deal in February last year.

There is currently no word on which sportswear company Martin will be switching to.

Martin has endured a so-so start to 2019 after being banned for an off-the-ball hit on GWS tagger Matt De Boer. He was also fined by the AFL for making an obscene gesture during a frustrating outing for the Brownlow Medal winner.

The 27-year-old hasn’t yet reached the lofty heights he’s capable of this season, going goalless through his opening three games and managing just 18 and 15 possessions in his past two matches.

Hardwick pleaded with umpires to protect his star player from tagging tactics that pushed the boundaries of fair play after the GWS game.

“Dustin is a player who works on his game every week, mentally and physically,” Hardwick said.

“What we’ve got to be very careful of is, perception is reality I suppose, but it was one bad game he’s played.

“The guy’s a Brownlow Medallist, he’s a multiple best-and-fairest winner for us, he’s an incredible player and I expect him to bounce back.

“No doubt.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/why-has-dustin-martin-ended-his-partnership-with-puma/news-story/8feffbf9217c60378b99bb3d7a5257c1

Offline amc11

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4728 on: April 23, 2019, 01:56:12 PM »
Tom Browne seems to have some additional pieces of information although it's mostly sources say or 7news understands that and not confirmed by anyone yet.  Looks like your friend was right lamington  :)

The page has lots of graphic things so will just post the link and hopefully it will work.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/toms-take-the-million-dollar-question-looming-over-dusty-martin-c-73454

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4729 on: April 24, 2019, 06:33:38 AM »
He hates the boots, couldn’t get comfortable playing in them.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #4730 on: April 24, 2019, 08:01:54 AM »
IIRC Tiger Woods played in Footjoys with a Nike emblem

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4731 on: May 04, 2019, 09:17:00 PM »
Slow start to the season, fair enough. niggling injury ? fair enough. now in a depleted team dusty has a chance to step up and take over the midfield but hes become a non factor. an absolute shadow of his former self. I hope he can turn it around because its sad to see if nothing else

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4732 on: May 04, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »
Dusty has injury that is hard fix and it’s mental.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4733 on: May 04, 2019, 09:25:28 PM »
I’m going to say it......he’s unfit.

He just doesn’t have the petrol to go twice in a row at the contest.

Whether it’s injury or laziness or calculated by fitness staff who knows, but there’s no way he’s fit enough to play a full four quarter game the way we come to expect. 

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4734 on: May 04, 2019, 09:30:08 PM »

Whether it’s injury or laziness or calculated by fitness staff who knows, but there’s no way he’s fit enough to play a full four quarter game the way we come to expect.
Thats a load of rubbish of course hes fit. full pre season under his belt, no major injuries to prevent training.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4735 on: May 04, 2019, 09:37:24 PM »

Thats a load of rubbish of course hes fit. full pre season under his belt, no major injuries to prevent training.
If he’s not fully fit then he’s lazy.
I’ve watched him closely the last 4 games and he’s just not doing the things that has made him the player he is. There’s definitely something wrong with him atm
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4736 on: May 04, 2019, 09:41:58 PM »
I agree hes not doing anything that made him a great player. If his mental issues are to blame for his form than thats really unfortunate and im sure theres more to the story.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4737 on: May 04, 2019, 09:46:08 PM »
He’s depressing me atm
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4738 on: May 04, 2019, 09:51:42 PM »
Trade him to North Melbourne for 2 first rounders plus a second. Matt Rowell would be nice. 

Discuss. lol. 

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #4739 on: May 04, 2019, 10:17:03 PM »
Not happy. Turns like a boat with a blocked colon
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018