Author Topic: Sack Hardwick  (Read 13591 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 11:35:27 PM »
Sell the Club,lock,stock and barrel,to some Arabs

We can play home games in Dubai and or Abu Dhabi and our reserves can align themselves with Manchester City.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 11:39:42 PM »
Edwards ooh dear me. He played 4 good games at the end of 2009 and people still are hoping he will come good.

Attention everyone this bloke is a VFL player and thats being generous. He is and always will be a very average footballer.

Dimma will seen know what its like to be under pressure unless he pulls his finger out and stops playing these spuds.

Play the kids and if we get burnt well so be it but playing Edwards, Hislop, Jackson, Thursfield in the one team is not helping his cause.

You can have a few battlers in your side(Jackson/Grigg) but to have so many average spuds playing together.

If you ask me we have shown a slight improvement collectively as a group than this point last year. Win a few against the battlers get slaughtered against the big boys. Same stripe different year.

Individually players like Vickery have gone forward but others have gone backwards.

The rebuild is only half way through but i think we will find out very soon if Dimma will see it through.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 11:40:04 PM »
Hardwick was coaching well until the players raised the white flag. Hardwicks problem isnt that we will sack him, Hardwicks problem is that if he hasnt got the balls to trade out the likes of Jackson, Edwards and afew others THIS YEAR, he will probably lose his job next year and never coach again. Its his decision and his career, If I was him, I would trade out the 2 players mentioned, I would also look at what real improvement do the likes of Grigg and Houli really deliver for us as well. IMHO - Hartley did a poor job last year with Houli and Grigg. They cant help us be real winners IMHO.

you're like a dog at a bone with those 2  10flags. They arent our problem imo. Yes they are good ordinary b grade players which is an upgrade on what we had! and we gave away f all for them so they were a good decision. You cant have 22 champions in a side, you need good solid soldiers and we are even lacking in that. They are not the issue

Wouldn't call them B graders Tony. Jackson could have put us 28 points up in the third and misses and numerous other errors. A Bgrader would be someone like James Kelly at Geelong who would come to us and be an A grader because we have a habit to inflate our own. Edwards takes the best mark of his career kicks it ten metres to the opposition. B Graders hardly. C Graders at best.

Sack Hardwick is just laughable. Dimma aint going anywhere but there should be another 8-10 on the list that will. Maybe then the gameplan will last four quarters.
Now that there is some off field stability at the club we sack Hardwick. Laughable. FIve weeks ago he had turned us from boiled lollies into chocolates.
These losses are blessings in disguise and in three years nobody will remember the previous era or the guys that were culled based on where we will be pushing assuming Dimma follows through with his cull and doesn't hold on to list cloggers

was talking about Grigg and Houli Tb not Jackson and edwards  ;)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 11:45:22 PM »
Hardwick was coaching well until the players raised the white flag. Hardwicks problem isnt that we will sack him, Hardwicks problem is that if he hasnt got the balls to trade out the likes of Jackson, Edwards and afew others THIS YEAR, he will probably lose his job next year and never coach again. Its his decision and his career, If I was him, I would trade out the 2 players mentioned, I would also look at what real improvement do the likes of Grigg and Houli really deliver for us as well. IMHO - Hartley did a poor job last year with Houli and Grigg. They cant help us be real winners IMHO.

you're like a dog at a bone with those 2  10flags. They arent our problem imo. Yes they are good ordinary b grade players which is an upgrade on what we had! and we gave away f all for them so they were a good decision. You cant have 22 champions in a side, you need good solid soldiers and we are even lacking in that. They are not the issue

Wouldn't call them B graders Tony. Jackson could have put us 28 points up in the third and misses and numerous other errors. A Bgrader would be someone like James Kelly at Geelong who would come to us and be an A grader because we have a habit to inflate our own. Edwards takes the best mark of his career kicks it ten metres to the opposition. B Graders hardly. C Graders at best.

Sack Hardwick is just laughable. Dimma aint going anywhere but there should be another 8-10 on the list that will. Maybe then the gameplan will last four quarters.
Now that there is some off field stability at the club we sack Hardwick. Laughable. FIve weeks ago he had turned us from boiled lollies into chocolates.
These losses are blessings in disguise and in three years nobody will remember the previous era or the guys that were culled based on where we will be pushing assuming Dimma follows through with his cull and doesn't hold on to list cloggers

was talking about Grigg and Houli Tb not Jackson and edwards  ;)

Sorry pal. :thumbsup

Yeah Grigg after a bright start has really faded away and Houli is serviceable without being great. THought he was sold short by his teammates with the kick and upfield options when Crameri nabbed him just before three quarter time.
Grigg may be a downhill skier. Prominent early whilst we were competitive but as our intensityas a side has dropped off so has his output.
Should've at least kicked one of his two set shots at the Punt Rd End.
TM you're assessment of Edwards though is spot on. My name for him is momentum killer.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »

who cares what the afl website says, its pretty blatantly obvious what he brings to the table. He takes a nice mark on HB and then chips a 5 metre pass straight into the breadbasket of an essendon player. This is Titch and will always be Titch.  One of the biggest exponents of the unforced error in our side, undoes all his good work with several game killers each week

He is easily my most 'cringeworthy' player when the ball is in his hands.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
Sack Hardwick, not the answer, no game plan.

You idiot.

What a stupid thread.

Congratulations for giving Bomber Blitz something to laugh about.

You absolute muppet

Spot on Pope

Edit: Fixed quote

:clapping :clapping

Funny stuff torch

Though I am pretty sure you're being serious which is even funnier
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 03:42:17 PM »
Simply we don't have the cattle. We have too many who are not good enough to be playing afl football. Need to draft well over the next couple of years to see any significant improvement.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
Bothered me a bit to see him in the box tonight.

Would hate to see him begin to let public opinion form his decisions. Had enough of that from our last two coaches.

Yes me too. He needs to do what he thinks needs to be done and not dictated to by what others are saying in the environment (meaning public opinion and press) otherwise he has already had it.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »

you're like a dog at a bone with those 2  10flags. They arent our problem imo. Yes they are good ordinary b grade players which is an upgrade on what we had! and we gave away f all for them so they were a good decision. You cant have 22 champions in a side, you need good solid soldiers and we are even lacking in that. They are not the issue

Gotta agree, I'm glad its happening now, no chance of overrating our players now i hope.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 05:50:58 PM »
For me ill be totally honest, not sure about Dimma yet. Sure he has done some good things since coming on board. That being getting rid of some list cloggers, but giving Hislop a rookie spot and then a spot on the list, THEN to play him makes me think maybe he doesn't know footy like we think/hope he does. Everybody on this forum and Tigers supporters alike know he is not an AFL footballers a/hole.
Time is on Dimma's side at the moment but decisions like this one could speed that up real quick.
Dimma's biggest test is coming up come seasons end. I hope he is as tough as he was when he played or his time at the Tigers will be short lived.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »
Edwards ooh dear me. He played 4 good games at the end of 2009 and people still are hoping he will come good.

Attention everyone this bloke is a VFL player and thats being generous. He is and always will be a very average footballer.

100,000% correct!!!!! I was even calling for him to be traded in his "good year" last year, he will never get any better and he is no good anyway IMO, never has been and never will be.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 06:12:22 PM »
For me ill be totally honest, not sure about Dimma yet. Sure he has done some good things since coming on board. That being getting rid of some list cloggers, but giving Hislop a rookie spot and then a spot on the list, THEN to play him makes me think maybe he doesn't know footy like we think/hope he does. Everybody on this forum and Tigers supporters alike know he is not an AFL footballers a/hole.
Time is on Dimma's side at the moment but decisions like this one could speed that up real quick.
Dimma's biggest test is coming up come seasons end. I hope he is as tough as he was when he played or his time at the Tigers will be short lived.

Great post

Tigermonk

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
gee some want Dimma's head now  :lol 

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
Some knew after 2 years Wallace couldn't coach but the club honored the contract and we put up with 3 years of hell
The last 6 weeks has been poor
From team selection .preparation and game plans and strategy

Ox

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 06:36:10 PM »
The last 6 weeks has been poor
From team selection .preparation and game plans and strategy

Agree with Jakmeoff!
Did we ever recover from the bus trip back from Sydney?