Author Topic: We've got to be brutal about why we lost & on where our list is at: Benny Gale  (Read 6522 times)

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Are we being brutal or backing our players in? Impossible to do both as our playing list has failed 3 years in a row. Mixed messages from Dan and Bennie. Media department must be all on holiday

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yeah agree with that which makes the decision to not replace Campo a few years back all the more baffling. Without looking at footy club expenditure  I would be surprised if we are anywhere near the top clubs.

We need an injection of talent in the footy department, and we must end the tenures of Jackson and Hartley immediately. 10 yrs for not even a finals win is a fail and it's time they go.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Yeah agree with that which makes the decision to not replace Campo a few years back all the more baffling. Without looking at footy club expenditure  I would be surprised if we are anywhere near the top clubs.

We need an injection of talent in the footy department, and we must end the tenures of Jackson and Hartley immediately. 10 yrs for not even a finals win is a fail and it's time they go.

When you say immediately do you mean

A In the next minute
B In the next hour
C in the next day
D In he next week
E Some other time frame

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Agree 100%.

Stuffing Amatuers preventing the club from moving fwd yet everybody In the club has got their backs.

Not happy  :banghead
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

A In the next minute
B In the next hour
C in the next day
D In he next week
E Some other time frame

D. add Michael o'loughlin, ratts and monkhurst now and dump williams (the offensive coach) and Clarke. 2 out, 3 in.

E. Replace hackson and hartley at the completion of the PSD, with Rendell and Claw respectively.

They have done as much as they can with this football club ( no finals win)now its time to poach some real talent to replace them.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Are we being brutal or backing our players in? Impossible to do both as our playing list has failed 3 years in a row. Mixed messages from Dan and Bennie. Media department must be all on holiday

We've now had two contradictory statements from Gale & Richardson in the past week - first Gale says at the B&F that Yarran is being recruited to play forward, then Richardson says he'll be a rebounding defender, then Gale says we're going to be brutal on the list and Richardson then comes out and basically says we'll just be filling two needs (the aforementioned reboundig defender & a big bodied inside mid).

Sounds like there's serious a communication breakdown between the administration & the football department.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
it does seem that way.

Will make the next utterance that everyone is on the same page pretty glib
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish

A In the next minute
B In the next hour
C in the next day
D In he next week
E Some other time frame

D. add Michael o'loughlin, ratts and monkhurst now and dump williams (the offensive coach) and Clarke. 2 out, 3 in.

E. Replace hackson and hartley at the completion of the PSD, with Rendell and Claw respectively.

They have done as much as they can with this football club ( no finals win)now its time to poach some real talent to replace them.

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Benny Gale on Roar Vision ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-10-08/jdm-2015-richo-gale

And, we’ve got to be pretty brutal about why we didn’t. We’re going through that process at the moment. We’ll address those things.

Might I suggest by Dan Richardson's comments yesterday that were are being the polar opposite of brutal about addressing why we didn't.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Yep - good to see everyone's on the same page down at the RFC...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

Brutal honesty only exists on forums.

We should change from RFC and be called the RARARFC. Ring A Ring A Rosy Footy Club.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Brutal honesty only exists on forums.

We should change from RFC and be called the RARARCGFC. Ring A Ring A Rose Coloured Glasses Footy Club.
EFA
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Benny Gale on Roar Vision ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-10-08/jdm-2015-richo-gale

* Off-field, it was another really solid year. We continue to grow the business and that’s great. We’ve got to the stage now – we don’t take it for granted – but I think we do that well. But, ultimately, what we’re here to do is support our footy team and we want to see them perform.

* It would have been great to have won a final or two, and got a bit deeper into September, but we didn’t. And, we’ve got to be pretty brutal about why we didn’t. We’re going through that process at the moment. We’ll address those things.

* But we can’t lose sight of the fact we did a hell of a lot right. We’ve got a long way to go, but we should be encouraged by what we achieved this year. I’ve never been more confident, never been stronger, about our future.

* We’re really narrowing our focus now. We’re doing everything we can to make sure we become a better football team, and to take that leap forward as a football team because, after all, that’s what we’re here to do.

* Last year, post-season, we copped a bit of flak (for not being active in the trade period). People wondered whether we were accepting mediocrity, are we doing enough to improve our list, are we happy with where we’re at. Well, we’re not. But we made a decision that the draft last year was very, very strong. So we wanted to remain in that draft, and we think in three or four years’ time we’ll see the fruits of that.

* This year, it was always our intention, forecasting forward, to be a little more active. We’ve been in the market for a few players and, at this stage, it probably hasn’t worked out the way we wanted. But, make no bones, we are working very, very hard.

* As I said, we’ve got a brutal approach to where we’re at in terms of our list and we’re working very, very hard to address those needs. And, we’ll continue to do so.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-10-08/total-tiger-focus-on-taking-next-step

:lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus