Author Topic: Losing the tackle count again  (Read 2900 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Losing the tackle count again
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 04:25:16 PM »
Too many players 'sifting off' (using Hardwick's venacular). Tell them to get in or get out. The fact that Cotch could be lined-up like he was in the last quarter speaks volumes.

That it was a cheap shot?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 04:28:16 PM »
Today hawks dominated possession, inside 50's etc, played in poor conditions and guess what? they won by 11 goals and had about 100 tackles to boot, +30 more than their opponents - but yeah tackles are overated ...
Oh yeah almost forgot, conditions dont allow for percentage boosting wins either   :shh

Brisbane are like butter...

...the variety you accidentally leave on the bench when you go to work on a hot day.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »
tackle count is overrated

first teams to the ball usually have less tackles ffs
its common sense

of course we lost the tackle count, look how much contested ball won and possession we had

score bored does not reflect how much we thumped the,
weather gods stuffed us good percentage

ooh yeah like the weather gods stuffed our percentage up against the Hawks

Look on Dimmas face at the siren said it all.

Yes we won but in many ways we lacked intensity and basic errors missed tackles was why we didn't nail them to the sword as we should've

I really believe they shouldn't even have sung the song especially efforts from Mille and Dea

Should be a non negotiable never play these 2 spuds when there is 1 drop of rain

the drizzle we had in the hawks game was nothing compared to what we had v fre and more so ve the giants tosser

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 05:13:45 PM »
Today hawks dominated possession, inside 50's etc, played in poor conditions and guess what? they won by 11 goals and had about 100 tackles to boot, +30 more than their opponents - but yeah tackles are overated ...
Oh yeah almost forgot, conditions dont allow for percentage boosting wins either   :shh
Yet last week st kilda won by 95 with only 58 tackles ( 11 more than opponents) and the week before collingwood won by 97 points with 53 tackles (6 more than opponents), and that same week geelong beat gws by 65 points with 65 tackles ( 14 less than their opponents)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »
tackle counts mean nothing
just like contested possession

effective tackles and contested possession to advantage is what counts

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 06:24:17 PM »
Yet last week st kilda won by 95 with only 58 tackles ( 11 more than opponents) and the week before collingwood won by 97 points with 53 tackles (6 more than opponents), and that same week geelong beat gws by 65 points with 65 tackles ( 14 less than their opponents)

Which just goes to show there's no correlation between winning games and using that as an excuse to justify regularly losing the tackle count  ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »
the only statistic that counts is the scoreboard one...

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »
Scoreboard pressure means everything :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

dwaino

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »
Fox Footy recipe for success:

1. Contested ball
2. Tackles
3. Disposal efficiency

Win these three stats and 96.2% of the time you win.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
Tackles to me merely determines how hard you work when you don't have the ball.

Even perceived pressure can cause errors if you are a good tackling side.

Although we are improving I would like to see more pressure on the opposition when they have the ball. Too many times I see us make mistakes and the fwd entry 50 on the rebound against us is clinical or we seem to get carved up easily just through the game at times when the opposition have the ball.

Having said that I feel the last two weeks we have missed Foley's in and under grunt, his pace and ability to break the lines and his tackling pressure on opponents. His absence has made us look alot slower and we have missed his presence more than we care to realise.

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »

This is really important. Winning the tackle count alone can be an indicator you were just chasing the opposition's backside all day. But combine that with contested footy and it more often than not reflects a hard working team. Hence, the 'recipe for success'  ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 07:11:44 PM »

This is really important. Winning the tackle count alone can be an indicator you were just chasing the opposition's backside all day. But combine that with contested footy and it more often than not reflects a hard working team. Hence, the 'recipe for success'  ;D

Spot on dwaino and Tucker  :thumbsup. Need to up the ante in the pressure stakes, completely agree we seem to cop goals a little too easily. Good thing is we concede less than we did so we're on the right track, once we tweak it a lttle we'll be brutal

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »

1. Contested ball
2. Tackles
3. Disposal efficiency

It's probably all accurate but you still have to wonder if it was Tony Shaw holding the calculator.

dwaino

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 12:30:05 AM »

1. Contested ball
2. Tackles
3. Disposal efficiency

It's probably all accurate but you still have to wonder if it was Tony Shaw holding the calculator.

;D

Apparently it was David King.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:27 AM »
We should be trying be like barca / spain. If you hold the ball the other team cannot score.