Author Topic: Teenage schoolgirl on facebook vs St Kilda stars  (Read 102642 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Teenage schoolgirl on facebook vs St Kilda stars
« Reply #525 on: March 07, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »
Not that anyone should care but HUN saying at:

"8:33PM Anthony Dowsley with AAP
DISGRACED AFL player manager Ricky Nixon is taking an "indefinite break" to deal with a substance abuse problem in a rehab clinic."

No story yet just showing on their main page

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #526 on: March 07, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
As I said who cares really:

DISGRACED AFL player manager Ricky Nixon is taking an indefinite break to deal with a substance abuse problem in a rehabilitation clinic.

Nixon, who is embroiled in a sex and drugs scandal involving a 17-year-old girl, issued a statement tonight saying:  "After 20 years involvement in player management, I am now taking an indefinite break to deal with a number of personal health issues. It is important for both my own health and wellbeing and that of my family to do so immediately.

"I have returned to Australia having spent the last two weeks overseas, where I had the opportunity to seek help for my personal issues. With the understanding and support of family and close friends, I have decided that I will go to a rehabilitation clinic to seek treatment for a substance problem that has impacted on my life and my decision-making, particularly over the last eight weeks.

"Given recent events and with the encouragement of friends, I believe it is the right time for me to seek help, counselling and appropriate treatment.

"While overseas, I have been in contact with the AFLPA and have stated that I will cooperate fully with the investigation currently being undertaken by David Galbally QC. I stand by my original statement in relation to this matter.

"I am so lucky to have the support of my employees and the players that I manage and while I know this time has not been easy for them I think it is important for both staff and players at Flying Start that I immediately relinquish all responsibilities and activities a player manager would normally undertake.

"I have full faith in the staff at Flying Start to operate as usual without my involvement.

"As someone who has been involved in the football industry for more than 30 years I understand the interest in this story but I do ask for the privacy needed to be able to undertake clinical treatment without the intrusion of the media. I also ask that the media leaves my family, friends, staff and players alone. I know these events have caused them enough distress.

"I would like to thank people for the enormous amount of support I have had both here and overseas. This is a significant challenge and one that I am committed to get through and coming out a better person. I would like to sincerely apologise to everyone for the impact caused by these recent events."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-kilda-schoolgirl-says-ricky-nixon-told-her-to-lie-over-sex-scandal/story-e6frf7jo-1226016991612

====

What a crock

I am still amazed players haven't dumped him as their manager
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #527 on: March 07, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »
Bullish|t overload! Take cover everyone, she's gunna blow!!!  :o

jackstar is back again

« Reply #528 on: March 07, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
Ricky Nixon, nice excuse mate.
Didnt effect you until 4 weeks ago when you got caught out

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #529 on: March 07, 2011, 10:55:58 PM »
what if she is lying about lying  :shh ;) :lol
Hard to believe anything she says but before her facebook page went offline last year there were plenty of messages from kids her own age who obviously knew her hanging heaps of crap on her about her making up her pregnancy (such as walking around with a cushion under her top) and about her continually making up stories about how she was in the in-crowd with the St Kilda players etc to seek attention and boast about it on the net. It was full on (tripe) and there were pages of this stuff and her responses and story kept changing. Demetriou and the AFL obviously had read all this crap as well. All the more it shows how much Nixon was/is a moron and sleazebag to have anything to do with her. Like WP I'm surprised any player would still want anything to do with him. How could you still want to put your future as a footballer in his hands  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #530 on: March 07, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »
whats of interest is that Andrew would be on Rickys Xmas card list an vice versa, good friends outside footy

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #531 on: March 07, 2011, 11:10:05 PM »
oh dear, this aint gonna be pretty. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #532 on: March 07, 2011, 11:25:28 PM »
whats of interest is that Andrew would be on Rickys Xmas card list an vice versa, good friends outside footy
Andy D's comments were more measured than many expected (ie. saying he was "disappointed" with what had happened rather than using a word like disgusted). Then again he knew the girl was a compulsive liar so it's probably more that he was playing his cards close to his chest just in case she was lying again and he's just waiting for the inquiry to finish before saying anything more.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #533 on: March 07, 2011, 11:31:23 PM »
he's just waiting for the inquiry to finish before saying anything more.
I reckon he's copped an unfair whack from those prominent women in football for that reason. It's a mess and he's within his rights to wait until it's sorted.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #534 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:35 PM »
I reckon he's copped an unfair whack from those prominent women in football for that reason. It's a mess and he's within his rights to wait until it's sorted.

I agree FF. I'm no big fan of Andy D but giving the unreliableness in the stories of the two individuals involved I don't blame him for being measured with his responses in the media. This is a huge mess and there are no winners.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: March 08, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »

Great post. A whole heap of torch bearing critics lambasted the AFL for not taking action against St Kilda and their players.
They look pretty silly now though!

What's the bet she has made up most of what she has said about Tricky Nixon.
Sure he might be a fool but until there is hard proof of what she says I won't believe a word of it.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #536 on: March 08, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
Demetriou rejected reports that he and Nixon were friends, and that such a relationship had caused the AFL to go soft on the leading player manager.

“I’ve heard that Ricky’s a friend of mine,” Demetriou said, “but if I classified every person I deal with in football as a friend, then I’d have about 14,000 friends.

“I mean, I know Ricky, he’s an associate of mine. I know Ricky like I know other player agents - (like) Craig Kelly, and I could go on and on.

“But I wouldn’t classify Ricky as a friend of mine. And if he were … he would be dealt with exactly the same way, regardless of the issue - in proper accordance with good corporate governance, with objectivity.

“I’ve already made the comment that he should have stood down pending the outcome, and I’ve already said that it’s inappropriate and unacceptable about him visiting the girl, and he’s admitted that.

“So there’s no issue of friendship, [or] association. It doesn’t matter - I would have given exactly the same comments.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/109008/default.aspx

jackstar is back again

« Reply #537 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:36 PM »
crap, more spin than the sun tanned one

Ox

« Reply #538 on: March 09, 2011, 01:06:24 AM »
what a corporation of dumb,scumbag,sexist,lying stuffing dogs.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #539 on: March 09, 2011, 03:25:04 AM »
Caro in today's Age has had a go at Richmond over this  ???

------------------------------------------------------------

When the whole sorry saga with Nixon and the girl became public, the AFL chose to trust process and stated correctly that its players union had the power to remove or sanction agents' accreditation. Turns out they don't. Not only did the AFL Players Association choose to pay a Queen's Counsel to investigate Nixon, it also failed to stand him down pending that investigation.

It also threatened player agents attempting to poach Nixon clients. And it warned Nixon clients to sit tight. Now it has extended David Galbally's investigation for another week. Its players are, one by one, moving to ignore that advice and are now openly talking to other agents. The AFLPA's legal fears have proved to be what we suspected close to a fortnight ago - ill-founded, impractical and politically disastrous for both the union and the AFL.

The AFL took six days to make any statement worth reporting about Nixon, St Kilda has said nothing and the Bulldogs and Richmond and all the clubs with strong Nixon links have all chosen to remain silent. No club wants to be the first to take a stand. All have advised their players to wait but even the players have resisted that, including Geelong's Mitch Brown and Carlton's Lachie Henderson, who could no longer allow Nixon to manage them. Brett Ratten will clearly use another manager, which ever way Carlton chooses to jump over its coaching position.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rehab-wont-save-nixons-business-20110308-1bmlm.html